Soft/Blurry Focus Issue
1289 9 2017-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Urbo100
lvl.1
Australia

Hi,
I also have this seemingly common issue with my new Mavic. Only been flying 3 times.
I have done some testing with Auto Focus where I tried varius positions on the image to focus.
It seems that if I centre focus I get blurring in the bottom right. When I set focus in the bottom right the top left
side gets blurry. There is no setting where I get a clear image.
I think it needs to be replaced.
I ordered it direct from DJI and I'm in Australia so I'm not sure whether it'll have to go back to China or if there is a
local repairer...

DJI_0056-Auto Centre.jpg
DJI_0060-Bottom Right.jpg
2017-1-20
Use props
mcd0nald
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3717 ft
Australia

Start to shoot an email to support@dji.com. The issue is too common, and I don't know why. My issue has been escalated where they are going to fix mine but I need to wait until I come back from overseas.
2017-1-20
Use props
Stewie Griffin
lvl.2
Canada

These small pictures you uploaded are pretty useless.  We need to see the original files, and preferably DNG files since the JPEGs out of the camera are very soft.  Also, if you are focusing on the centre, which could easily be those houses very far away, but then looking at the trees on the right, which are very close, it would be expected that those trees would be out of focus given the huge distance between the focus point and the thing you expect to be in focus.  

Go up higher, and focus on something far away, such that the stuff on the left and right are also at roughly the same distance.  I'm not saying you don't have a problem, but these pics that you're using to show us are insufficient.
2017-1-20
Use props
Urbo100
lvl.1
Australia

Hi Steve,
Yes they are too small but I had to keep them to 1Mb to upload. I have lodged a support request. I took some shots from 120m up so will
send those off to DJI.

2017-1-21
Use props
Urbo100
lvl.1
Australia

Here are the images I sent to DJI.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/renhhj ... urry-Issue.zip?dl=0

2017-1-21
Use props
Stewie Griffin
lvl.2
Canada

Urbo100 Posted at 2017-1-21 18:46

https://www.dropbox.com/s/renhhjyig042ggy/Mavic-Blurry-Issue.zip?dl=0

Wow.  Yours is absolutely the worst I have seen.  I would really love to know if DJI are assembling the lens and sensor themselves, or if they are buying it from someone else because this lack of quality control is simply astounding.  I am waiting for a replacement unit for mine which had a blurry right side, but nothing nearly as bad as yours.
2017-1-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Urbo100 Posted at 2017-1-21 18:46

https://www.dropbox.com/s/renhhjyig042ggy/Mavic-Blurry-Issue.zip?dl=0

We have a local repair center in Australia.
Did you get in touch with our tech support at support@dji.com?
2017-1-22
Use props
Urbo100
lvl.1
Australia

Stewie Griffin Posted at 2017-1-21 21:18
Wow.  Yours is absolutely the worst I have seen.  I would really love to know if DJI are assembling the lens and sensor themselves, or if they are buying it from someone else because this lack of quality control is simply astounding.  I am waiting for a replacement unit for mine which had a blurry right side, but nothing nearly as bad as yours.

Just my luck!
2017-1-22
Use props
Urbo100
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-22 00:21
We have a local repair center in Australia.
Did you get in touch with our tech support at ?

I have got a Service Ticket with them.
Just waiting to organise a pick up time.
2017-1-23
Use props
Urbo100
lvl.1
Australia

Urbo100 Posted at 2017-1-23 22:47
I have got a Service Ticket with them.
Just waiting to organise a pick up time.

Hi All,
All good now! Mavic was replaced and camera now working the way it should.
Only comment I would like to make is that getting to the point of sending it away for repair was frustrating at times with slow response times from DJI. Once pick up was orgainised it only took a week and a half to have it replaced and delivered back to me.
Looking forward to getting it up in the air!
Ian
2017-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules