Which editing software?
4075 8 2017-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bantis
lvl.2

United States

I have a Macbook Pro. What software should I use?

2017-1-20
Use props
Mooney
lvl.3

United States

I'm enjoying Final Cut Pro on Mac Book Pro.
2017-1-20
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

Start with Imovie there is a lot of editing software DaVinci resolve is free
2017-1-20
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

Flybee Posted at 2017-1-20 22:24
Start with Imovie there is a lot of editing software DaVinci resolve is free

i downloaded davinci and it said i needed a dongle that i need to pay for to use it???
2017-1-21
Use props
dennish
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

boostedford Posted at 2017-1-21 20:03
i downloaded davinci and it said i needed a dongle that i need to pay for to use it???

From the link below - click download, then ensure you choose the free version on the left of the popup:

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve

DaVinci Resolve 12.5.4
The free DaVinci Resolve 12.5.4 is a full professional editing and color grading system that is suitable for independent users working on SD, HD and Ultra HD projects.

Not studio.
2017-1-21
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

ohhh i didn't realize i clicked the wrong one. thank you!
2017-1-21
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Using Premiere cc 2015. Still running old firmware and litchi and I don't shoot D-Log like the experts. The mavic can only encode at 60mbps currently in h.264, so you will have artifacts depending on what's in your shot. The trick I believe is a steady flight to making the shot better than it is. In premiere they also have a color grading effect called Lumetri Color and under Creative you'll see Fuji F125 Kodak 2393 (Adobe). That is a really good start. There's everything you need to change colors, sat, whites, blacks in that effect. Sharpen around 4 is good.

Flying backwards seems to be the best footage I can come up with. Forward is ok in mission. Sideways at higher speeds, forget it unless pointed at the ground. The horizon will tilt and footage will get choppy especially in wind. Seems the best gimbal performance is forward and backwards.

Like here's D-Log graded http://myfirstdrone.com/mavic/dji-mavic-pro-footage-how-i-set-the-camera-up-for-professional-shots/

Here's one of mine without a lens, strait into premiere, using litchi to fly waypoints backwards.

You can see, the mavic does artifact in certain spots but if you know what it artifacts on, you can take the shots were it's not as noticeable. Farmland (I found) is the hardest to deal with because of the low bitrate on the mavic. I'm not even sure I need the nd filters because of the way I film. They might come in handy for quick flybys but I doubt even do that with what I know now. But looking at my footage and others who shoot strait, I think keeping under 16mph and backwards, forwards this is the way to go. Check out sportsbikes channel on youtube too. The guy grades like a master imo. It almost looks like you can eat the hotel and birds when he's done!
2017-1-22
Use props
BentonJoyce
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234318 ft
United States

Generally Final Cut Pro is optimized well for Macs I don't use it I just know it is supposed to work really well with mac computers. I'd recommend Adobe Premiere Pro because if you use other adobe applications it makes for a better experience when transitioning between software. However, it all depends on where your budget is there are some other great recommendations in this thread that are cheaper solutions
2017-1-22
Use props
Realstinger
lvl.2
United States

boostedford Posted at 2017-1-21 20:03

I downloaded and tried Divinci resolve kept getting video card errors , but i have Videopad , its not the greatest  , cannot use luts with it. premier pro is way too expensive

2017-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules