Drone and Video Shaking
3200 11 2017-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SebastianR
New
Switzerland

Hi,

I tried to fly my new DJI Phantom 3 Standard, with latest FW and in no wind conditions, and the whole body of the drone shakes, and so does the video. Please take a look here:

Any recommendations?

Thanks,

Sebastian
2017-1-21
Use props
Da Lata
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008297 ft

Brazil

See how the balance of the propellers is. calibrate the gimbal. If not work do a IMU calibration. (I think if the whole drone shakes the problem is in the unbalanced propellers!)
Good luck!
2017-1-21
Use props
MerlinL14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2858 ft
United Kingdom

Small deviations should be ironed out by the gimbal stabalisation. For it to show that shaking it must be really bad watching the P3! Calibrate Gimbal, Calibrate IMU, Calibrate sticks and as suggested balance props. Then see if it is still doing it.
2017-1-21
Use props
SebastianR
New
Switzerland

Thanks for the quick reply MerlinL14!
I did all that, except for the balancing the props (bug I tried new props), but no luck. I do agree that the whole drone shakes a lot in the air.
I also noticed that when I fly forward, the gimbal is not stable, i.e. based on wind direction, it moves so far to the left or right that I see the landing gear. When the drone stands on a table, and I lightly touch the camera, it is quite stable up and down and on it's axis, but very lose swinging left and right. Could it be that the gimbal is broken?
2017-1-22
Use props
MrPinaColada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790082 ft
United States

If you move the gimbal to the right side (or it might be to the left side I forget), there should be a screw on the side of the gimbal arm towards the top where it connects to the top plate. Try checking if that screw is loose and if it is tighten it.
2017-1-22
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Please check if you have removed the foam plastic packing piece behind the gimbal, also that you only have two anti-drop pins inserted, not four.
2017-1-22
Use props
SebastianR
New
Switzerland

Again, thanks for all the suggestions, which I tried but no luck.
2017-1-23
Use props
Fistel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 491158 ft
Germany

SebastianR Posted at 2017-1-23 11:29
Again, thanks for all the suggestions, which I tried but no luck.

I got my Phantom 3 Standard end November. The temperatures were going down. Whenever I fly in cold conditions (4 degrees C. and less), the quad is slightly shaking. You can hear it by the motors as well. After 5 minutes the bird got warmed up, and flies without vibrations. The motors runs smooth.

I guess, we have the problem when flying outside with low temperatures. A short flight inside shows no vibration at all.
2017-1-24
Use props
PracticallyGeeK
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Seen a few threads like this now, not saying its a firmware problem or anything like that just I have same issue on a brand new phantom standard
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=83577&pid=680505&page=1&extra=&mobile=2#pid680505

In my video it seems to be off and on . .in places it shakes and others its stable as it should be.

Wondering if it could be the cold
2017-2-6
Use props
Fistel
lvl.2
Germany

PracticallyGeeK Posted at 2017-2-6 04:04
Seen a few threads like this now, not saying its a firmware problem or anything like that just I have same issue on a brand new phantom standard
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=83577&pid=680505&page=1&extra=&mobile=2#pid680505

Meanwhile I think the cold is one thing, the other is the wind!
I flew the quad two weeks ago on weekend. First flight saturday. Temperatures not to low - sun was shining. And I got the little vibrating problem for about two minutes. After that, the Phantom went flawless.

Next day, same location. Temperatures simular to the day before. No vibrations right from the start on. During the whole flight, the Phantom flew very, very stable.

Inside I never noticed any vibrations. So beside the cold, I suspect the wind for making our AC a little shaky.
2017-2-7
Use props
Nightingale
lvl.2
Flight distance : 44301 ft
Netherlands

This doesn't look like a calibration problem. I had those! It could be shaking when not calibrated right, but this is a whole other ball-game here.

Cold, wind etc. doesn't make our P3S shake. I've flown mine in some harsh environments. like hard wind, rain, snow and -12 (degrees) never gave a shake.

Maybe its a faulty motor or prop?
2017-2-7
Use props
Fistel
lvl.2
Germany

Nightingale Posted at 2017-2-7 06:19
This doesn't look like a calibration problem. I had those! It could be shaking when not calibrated right, but this is a whole other ball-game here.

Cold, wind etc. doesn't make our P3S shake. I've flown mine in some harsh environments. like hard wind, rain, snow and -12 (degrees) never gave a shake.

Was my first thought (motor or prob), but why are there no vibrations inside? I fly in ATTI (no GPS), and I have no problems.

I go outside - and sometimes the vibs are present, sometimes the Phantom goes smoothly right from the start on.

With or without GPS shouldn´t matter, I think. And IMU is calibrated well.
2017-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules