Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Firmware upgrade failure
2537 11 2017-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mark
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21480 ft
United States

Got new SD card and formated it and instyalled latist firmware. Drone had been updated previously so I did not expect it to try and upgrade again but it did. Drone refused to fly and so I packed it back in to vehicle and came home where I turned battery back on and it made a beep, beep beep continuiously. I knew I screwed up by turning it off before putting it in vehicle.
Question: What do I do now, is ther a reset?
2017-1-21
Use props
Raptor Heli
New
Flight distance : 1381 ft
United States

After you start a update it will beep 4 times one after another which means it is updating. When it is done it will switch beeping sounds, speed and frequency. When this happens turn off the drone and take the card out and put it back into your computer and open the file and take a look. The drone will tell you on the card what happened. It will let you know if the upgrade was successfull or failed or was corrupt or any other number of problems. This is how to tell whats up with it when your done. As in your case where you turned it off b/f you finished all you have to do is start over again. Just make sure that there is nothing on your SD card but the update when you do it. Plug in the card and turn on the drone. It will cycle thru everything. If it doesnt then still take the SD card out and plug it into your computer and read what the drone wrote you. If and when your done then you MUST delete ALL the update info off of the SD card to be able to fly worry free. If you do not take the info off things can happen if you try and fly with it still on the SD card. Then when all info is off the card your ready to fly. Enjoy!!
2017-1-21
Use props
mark
lvl.1
United States

Raptor Heli Posted at 2017-1-21 15:20
After you start a update it will beep 4 times one after another which means it is updating. When it is done it will switch beeping sounds, speed and frequency. When this happens turn off the drone and take the card out and put it back into your computer and open the file and take a look. The drone will tell you on the card what happened. It will let you know if the upgrade was successfull or failed or was corrupt or any other number of problems. This is how to tell whats up with it when your done. As in your case where you turned it off b/f you finished all you have to do is start over again. Just make sure that there is nothing on your SD card but the update when you do it. Plug in the card and turn on the drone. It will cycle thru everything. If it doesnt then still take the SD card out and plug it into your computer and read what the drone wrote you. If and when your done then you MUST delete ALL the update info off of the SD card to be able to fly worry free. If you do not take the info off things can happen if you try and fly with it still on the SD card. Then when all info is off the card your ready to fly. Enjoy!!

Thanks Raptor Heli. Unfortunately I can't get past the drone beeping within seconds after I turn it on. I have tried removing SD, switching Batteries, and yes, I did read and erase all update log info. The place I'm at now is needing to get past the "Beep, Beep, Beep"!
2017-1-22
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

mark@targetingp Posted at 2017-1-22 06:54
Thanks Raptor Heli. Unfortunately I can't get past the drone beeping within seconds after I turn it on. I have tried removing SD, switching Batteries, and yes, I did read and erase all update log info. The place I'm at now is needing to get past the "Beep, Beep, Beep"!

The process can take up to 15-20 minutes sometime. Make sure you have the "bin" only on the sd-card, put it in the drone, and turn it on. Light on camera should flash between red & green as it updates. Remember the RC must not be turned on, only the Phantom. Because it didn't complete the original upgrade, I'm not sure what else to say. I think it should restart, but someone else might be able to offer up how to reset things. hang in there!

If you do get it to complete you should here the D-DD,D-DD sound, and light will be green on the camera. You may have to re-link the RC too.
2017-1-22
Use props
DanMan32
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2489501 ft
United States

As long as the gimbal light is flashing red/green, it is updating.   When it has ended, it will be steady green when successful or steady red when it is not.  As RicardoGray said, it can take a long time to complete so be patient.   Camera may move around oddly, and the aircraft LEDs on the arms may change colors/blink rates during the update but that's normal too.
2017-1-22
Use props
mark
lvl.1
United States

DanMan32 Posted at 2017-1-22 14:05
As long as the gimbal light is flashing red/green, it is updating.   When it has ended, it will be steady green when successful or steady red when it is not.  As RicardoGray said, it can take a long time to complete so be patient.   Camera may move around oddly, and the aircraft LEDs on the arms may change colors/blink rates during the update but that's normal too.

Thanks everyone but all that you stated is known. My problem is what to do with the results of my accidentally turning drone off during update. It no longer is updating. It only beeps continuously about twice a second non-stop! That is my issue. I've been flying and updating my Phantom Advance since it's release two years ago. My post says Newbie only because I haven't come on this board for two years. Anyone have experience with the drone locking up and beeping?P.S. Lights arn't flashing!
2017-1-23
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
United States

mark@targetingp Posted at 2017-1-23 04:45
Thanks everyone but all that you stated is known. My problem is what to do with the results of my accidentally turning drone off during update. It no longer is updating. It only beeps continuously about twice a second non-stop! That is my issue. I've been flying and updating my Phantom Advance since it's release two years ago. My post says Newbie only because I haven't come on this board for two years. Anyone have experience with the drone locking up and beeping?P.S. Lights arn't flashing!

Sorry for your troubles. I do realize now you understand the procedure. I would hope maybe a DJI member could weigh in on this. It seems I have read that if the update does not complete, and fails to try and complete the update again you might have to send it in for DJI to look at it. Don't know that for sure.
DJI might have a way of going in and resetting something. (Maybe they are not willing to share that, I don't know). It seems I have also read that the sd-card on the motherboard of the Phantom can get scrambled, although I have not heard of that happening much. I am thinking you could remove the top shell and remove the sd-card on the mainboard (it is glued in place so you will have to carefully pull it out) and replace it. It would be like a new one straight from the factory. I am not 100% sure of this. It may not be something you are comfortable with either. The article I read was also addressing the latest update, you know it's says you can't downgrade....by installing a new sd-card in the mainboard you can put whatever firmware you want on it. Hope someone can help you out. That sucks!
2017-1-23
Use props
mark
lvl.1
United States

RicardoGray Posted at 2017-1-23 05:22
Sorry for your troubles. I do realize now you understand the procedure. I would hope maybe a DJI member could weigh in on this. It seems I have read that if the update does not complete, and fails to try and complete the update again you might have to send it in for DJI to look at it. Don't know that for sure.
DJI might have a way of going in and resetting something. (Maybe they are not willing to share that, I don't know). It seems I have also read that the sd-card on the motherboard of the Phantom can get scrambled, although I have not heard of that happening much. I am thinking you could remove the top shell and remove the sd-card on the mainboard (it is glued in place so you will have to carefully pull it out) and replace it. It would be like a new one straight from the factory. I am not 100% sure of this. It may not be something you are comfortable with either. The article I read was also addressing the latest update, you know it's says you can't downgrade....by installing a new sd-card in the mainboard you can put whatever firmware you want on it. Hope someone can help you out. That sucks!

Thanks Ricardo Grey. I guess I was not clear to most readers on the surface. I was thinking that it was going to take a DJI support person getting involved and I too wondered if the process was a simplistic one that they were not willing to share.
If I find any trustworthy source to walk me through the removal of an SD card mounted on the MOBO as an effective way to correct my screw up, yes, I would be comfortable doing so!
2017-1-23
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
United States

mark@targetingp Posted at 2017-1-23 11:49
Thanks Ricardo Grey. I guess I was not clear to most readers on the surface. I was thinking that it was going to take a DJI support person getting involved and I too wondered if the process was a simplistic one that they were not willing to share.
If I find any trustworthy source to walk me through the removal of an SD card mounted on the MOBO as an effective way to correct my screw up, yes, I would be comfortable doing so!

Good luck to you! One way or another I'm sure you can get it fixed I'm sure.

I am surprised a DJI person hasn't commented.
2017-1-23
Use props
mark
lvl.1
United States

RicardoGray Posted at 2017-1-23 12:55
Good luck to you! One way or another I'm sure you can get it fixed I'm sure.

I am surprised a DJI person hasn't commented.

Hey RG,
Did a chat session with their tech support and after waiting over an hour in queue and 20 minutes chatting, it's fixed. There is a reset on the Phantom Advance and along with a few other things she had me try, all is cured. No open heart surgery needed. Thanks for your help!
2017-1-23
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
United States

mark@targetingp Posted at 2017-1-23 15:42
Hey RG,
Did a chat session with their tech support and after waiting over an hour in queue and 20 minutes chatting, it's fixed. There is a reset on the Phantom Advance and along with a few other things she had me try, all is cured. No open heart surgery needed. Thanks for your help!

Curious, would you mid sharing where the reset is on the Phantom? Just wondering in case I should ever have that problem.
Certaintely glad you got it fixed.
2017-1-23
Use props
Fitra
New

Indonesia

please help DJI phantom3 pro reinstall Frimware failed
2018-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules