Camera Rotation
1759 8 2015-2-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bubo_bubo
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I understand you can use the camera in full 360 on dual mode but pondered could I rotate during single flight mode?
Or are you relying on rotating the Inspire on yaw?

I thought the right dial would do that, although I understand its for changing camera settings but cant figure out how to use that dial yet, given I havnt got into the technical aspects of photography with the Inspire yet.
2015-2-17
Use props
T J Gilbert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74659 ft
United States

Place finger on tablet screen.
Blue circle will appear under finger.
Drag finger on screen to pan L or R.
Or to tilt Up or Down.
Return to blue circle to re-center.
All with one Tx...
2015-2-17
Use props
bubo_bubo
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Arrrrr right!! Thanks!!!

Thought I was loosing my marbles!
2015-2-17
Use props
steve2909
lvl.2

Australia

bubo you can also set your left dial to pan as well as tilt without the need to use the touch screen method. Set your C1 button (on the bottom of the RC Unit) for this function. That is, press C1 once and you can use the dial to slowly pan the camera and then hit it again and the wheel will revert to tilt mode. You can also set up C2 button to reset the camera to return to the forward facing position (nose of aircraft). It's easy to set up and I find you have better control of the camera. There are lots of posts on here and other forums which show you how to program the C1 and C2 controls (yes its also in the manual).
2015-2-17
Use props
bubo_bubo
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Nice one Steve thanks.

I did programme my C1 and C2 and then mid flight wondered why they were useless and realised it was options for during dual mode.

I do like the sound of that though given the dial can be a bit jerky.
2015-2-17
Use props
steve2909
lvl.2

Australia

No worries and just to confirm I am talking about single mode....once you've set up and still on the ground (or at home) you can practice with the dial for smooth panning and tilting movements......good luck
2015-2-17
Use props
bubo_bubo
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Yes thanks!

Good idea will deffo give the panning some home practice.
2015-2-17
Use props
vincentlublink.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26170253 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hello all, i am new here.

Do you have a stutter in your pan or tilt?, it's not smooth with my  Inspire.
I did test it in singel man control ( not a second controler), roller (left) on the controller.

Tanks,
Vincent
2015-2-22
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

T J Gilbert Posted at 2015-2-18 02:47
Place finger on tablet screen.
Blue circle will appear under finger.
Drag finger on screen to pan L  ...

This is probably the best answer for you that T J posted. Do some practice with it while not in flight to get use to it. The camera will move pretty close to your finger movement. So practicing will get you use to it, the old Eye/Hand coordination.
2015-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules