10123 62 2017-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans4829d5cd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6706 ft
Romania

Hi there,

I just purchased a Mavic Pro and today was first flight, i have problem from video:

Any hints or suggestions?

Thanks and regards,
2017-1-21
Use props
Jusba31
lvl.2
Flight distance : 248169 ft
Finland

Same problem here
2017-1-21
Use props
fansc13c9c84
New

United States

As an initial diagnostic check your shutter speed. If it is greater than 1/100 that can be an issue. Change it to 1/50 and see if that fixes the waterfall/jello effect. This may cause your image to be too bright, and correcting that will require the attachment of an ND filter, as the Mavic camera has a fixed aperture.
2017-1-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Could you please clarify your current firmware version? What kind of temperature were you flying in? 
Please follow the video tutorial to check the gimbal again and make sure you had removed all the stickers on the gimabl.
2017-1-22
Use props
Jusba31
lvl.2
Flight distance : 248169 ft
Finland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-22 01:16
Could you please clarify your current firmware version? What kind of temperature were you flying in?
Please follow the video tutorial to check the gimbal again and make sure you had removed all the stickers on the gimabl.

Firmware version is V01.03.0200. I have downgraded firmware and then upgraded again with no help. Restore factory defaults and done imu, gimbal and compass calibration many times with no help.
Checked gimbal many times and never been stuck. 4K, 2.7K and 1080p everything has that problem.
Weather was 0 to +3 celsius.
My drone is 1 month old and flown about 5 times without this problem. Now I have this problem everytime.
Now my stills looks like this also.
JPG
RAW

Here is another video.
Video
2017-1-22
Use props
Luchian
lvl.3
Romania

Today i calibrate IMU + Ghimbal and let Mavic cu hover ~2min, after he reach ~29-30celsius, everything was ok. But today was 1C yesterday when i made that video was -15C
2017-1-22
Use props
Typhon
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I have the same issue with every video, plus I have abnormal gimbal vibration issues continuously on my 1 week old mavic. I just got a "ticket" number but no response as yet but could really do with a quick fix or turnaround as I need to travel with my mavic in less than 2 weeks!
2017-1-22
Use props
Gallacherboy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 778209 ft
United Kingdom

I have the exact same issue, my Mavic is also a month old, flown 5 times. With the sun out and clear skies, I was shooting at 4K @ 25 Frames a second, 100 ISO, D-LOG. I also made sure my drone was set to PAL not NTSC. I plugged it into my PC and opened DJI Assist, ran the calibration twice and reinstalled the latest firmware. I see a lot of grain, jello in my footage, nothing is sharp, I have checked the gimbal, I always remove my gimbal lock before switching on. I am shooting a Corporate film mid Feb and I have DJI Care Refresh, please please someone help
2017-1-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Gallacherboy Posted at 2017-1-22 13:48
I have the exact same issue, my Mavic is also a month old, flown 5 times. With the sun out and clear skies, I was shooting at 4K @ 25 Frames a second, 100 ISO, D-LOG. I also made sure my drone was set to PAL not NTSC. I plugged it into my PC and opened DJI Assist, ran the calibration twice and reinstalled the latest firmware. I see a lot of grain, jello in my footage, nothing is sharp, I have checked the gimbal, I always remove my gimbal lock before switching on. I am shooting a Corporate film mid Feb and I have DJI Care Refresh, please please someone help

Can you post a video clip.
2017-1-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Typhon Posted at 2017-1-22 13:35
I have the same issue with every video, plus I have abnormal gimbal vibration issues continuously on my 1 week old mavic. I just got a "ticket" number but no response as yet but could really do with a quick fix or turnaround as I need to travel with my mavic in less than 2 weeks!

What is your ticket# and I will forward it on.
2017-1-22
Use props
Gallacherboy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-22 15:12
Can you post a video clip.

I will sure do so tonight, many thanks
2017-1-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Gallacherboy Posted at 2017-1-23 03:59
I will sure do so tonight, many thanks

Thank you.
2017-1-23
Use props
SeanOzz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 612405 ft
  • >>>
United States

have you downloaded the dji assistant 2 app to your mac or pc and used it to calibrate your camera and down facing sensor? it helped mine.
2017-1-23
Use props
Gallacherboy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

So I have used the DJI Go app to cut my video, the was shot on 20.01.2017
2017-1-23
Use props
Gallacherboy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Gallacherboy Posted at 2017-1-23 14:36
So I have used the DJI Go app to cut my video, the was shot on 20.01.2017

2017-1-23
Use props
Gallacherboy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Sorry guys, here is my video.
2017-1-23
Use props
Gallacherboy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I will conduct another test flight soon, weather forecast this weekend in London is cold, wet weather so I will have to wait for a gap over a weekend where skies are clear of rain, I cant fly after work because the sun sets at 16:30. I have used DJI Assist to calibrate the gimbal and downward vision cameras, also reinstalled the drones firmware, my first gimbal calibration on the flight settings was a failure but running it twice again passed just fine. Still to do a test flight. Can anyone tell me from the footage so far, what the problem could be?
2017-1-24
Use props
Gallacherboy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

SeanOzz Posted at 2017-1-23 09:44
have you downloaded the dji assistant 2 app to your mac or pc and used it to calibrate your camera and down facing sensor? it helped mine.

I have given that a try, still waiting to do a test flight, thanks for the help
2017-1-24
Use props
Typhon
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-22 15:13
What is your ticket# and I will forward it on.

Thanks for the reply ken, one of your good DJI fellows at repair HQ seems on with it now. If he drags his heals I'll be right back in touch much abliged though
2017-1-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Typhon Posted at 2017-1-24 12:40
Thanks for the reply ken, one of your good DJI fellows at repair HQ seems on with it now. If he drags his heals I'll be right back in touch  much abliged though

Sounds good, they'll take good care of you.
2017-1-24
Use props
Luchian
lvl.3
Romania

I tested last days and i saw (on mine) that cold is the problem. After the drone reach ~29-30C jello disappear.
2017-1-25
Use props
fanse0cfc412
New

Italy

My Mavic me from this problem
how do I fix?

password : mavic

2017-1-25
Use props
SeanOzz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 612405 ft
  • >>>
United States

Gallacherboy Posted at 2017-1-24 06:37
I have given that a try, still waiting to do a test flight, thanks for the help

hope it helps, it got rid of my camera glitch. however i still get a few horizon issues, still testing those myself,
2017-1-25
Use props
harfordhawk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18668 ft
United States

fanse0cfc412 Posted at 2017-1-25 03:19
My Mavic me from this problem
how do I fix?

same exact problem here... hope we find a solution
2017-1-25
Use props
Gallacherboy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

SeanOzz Posted at 2017-1-25 09:02
hope it helps, it got rid of my camera glitch. however i still get a few horizon issues, still testing those myself,

I have tested my Mavic in my studio and when resetting my camera setting to default, the image looked a lot more exposed however when panning softly left and right i noticed some jitter, buffer delay. My studio has fluorescent flood lights and I am assuming it could be that the light was not as good as it were to be if you were to shoot outdoor/natural light so it might be flicker and the shutter running a slow frame rate to compensate for low light. Still to do an outdoor film flight and conduct more tests. So far, a lot better. Did gimbal calibrations too before flight and filming.
2017-1-26
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

I also have the jello problem and no solution so far after calibrating everything. There seem to be so many users with this problem. I wonder if there was a faulty batch of cameras/gimbals/related parts.
It is also strange that some have been able to resolve it with calibrations/firmware and others can't. Just wish DJI would tell us what is really causing this problem.
2017-1-26
Use props
Gallacherboy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi Ken, I have done all Calibrations and reset the camera settings to default, was lucky to have a little bit of sunshine, I Refreshed both the controller and the drones firmware. Then once both the Controller and the Drones firmware is refreshed, I then ran the calibration on DJI Assist. The issue is resolved, I am SHOCKED at how sharp and awesome the footage looks. Guys who have the same issue, please follow my method, REMEMBER TO ONLY RUN CALIBRATION ON DJI ASSIST AFTER BOTH THE DRONE AND CONTROLLERS FIRMWARE HAS BEEN REFRESHED, then reset camera settings to default and do a gimbal calibration before you fly on the flight menu. Hope this helps others
2017-1-28
Use props
Gallacherboy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

SeanOzz Posted at 2017-1-23 09:44

Hey, yes I did and it worked perfect, thanks a lot
2017-1-28
Use props
fans825c0532
lvl.4
Flight distance : 341355 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-22 01:16
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnXekYjEJA8

Does flying in 0 degree C temperature cause gimbal to shake sometimes?  
2017-1-28
Use props
fans825c0532
lvl.4
Flight distance : 341355 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Gallacherboy Posted at 2017-1-28 08:37
Hi Ken, I have done all Calibrations and reset the camera settings to default, was lucky to have a little bit of sunshine, I Refreshed both the controller and the drones firmware. Then once both the Controller and the Drones firmware is refreshed, I then ran the calibration on DJI Assist. The issue is resolved, I am SHOCKED at how sharp and awesome the footage looks. Guys who have the same issue, please follow my method, REMEMBER TO ONLY RUN CALIBRATION ON DJI ASSIST AFTER BOTH THE DRONE AND CONTROLLERS FIRMWARE HAS BEEN REFRESHED, then reset camera settings to default and do a gimbal calibration before you fly on the flight menu. Hope this helps others

Can you share the exact steps with us.

Step 1.. how to refresh aircraft and gimbal...
step 2 .....

please. thank you
2017-1-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Glad it's resolved. Enjoy your Mavic.
2017-1-28
Use props
Luchian
lvl.3
Romania

fans825c0532 Posted at 2017-1-28 14:31
Can you share the exact steps with us.

Step 1.. how to refresh aircraft and gimbal...

I think he is talkin about DJ Assitant 2:

http://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads

after you connect your drone to pc you have there Refresh Software. I'll try today to do that, if not working i'll send it back to repair
2017-1-29
Use props
fansd0e20da3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 647989 ft
Germany

Wow, thanks!
Your trick does it for me. Had jello from time to time flying in cold weather below 0° C. Now there is only some jello for the first minute or two, so cooling down the gimbal to the outside temperature may be important. After that the jello is gone, even in todays quiet windy -5° C.
2017-1-29
Use props
Luchian
lvl.3
Romania

fansd0e20da3 Posted at 2017-1-29 02:36
Wow, thanks!
Your trick does it for me. Had jello from time to time flying in cold weather below 0° C. Now there is only some jello for the first minute or two, so cooling down the gimbal to the outside temperature may be important. After that the jello is gone, even in todays quiet windy -5° C.

I don't know if it's ok for even 1-2 min, i meet a friend yesterday who have Mavic and on -10C he doesn't have any jello from beggining...
2017-1-29
Use props
Luchian
lvl.3
Romania

I tryed and didn't do anything for me, i still have that jello effect. I'll RMA...
2017-1-30
Use props
Gallacherboy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Luchian Posted at 2017-1-30 01:09
I tryed and didn't do anything for me, i still have that jello effect. I'll RMA...

OK, READ ALL BEFORE DOING ANYTHING

Step 1: Ensure both Controller and Drone is charged maxed

Step 2: Connect the controller to PC, run DJI Assist and Refresh the Firmware, once complete, disconnect only when prompted to do so.

Step 3: Connect Mavic to DJI Assist and Refresh Firmware, once complete, disconnect only when prompted to do so. So you know, you will be asked to restart the craft after the Refresh, do so and make sure it reconnects with DJI Assist. Then disconnect.

Step 4: Once both devices have been Refreshed, Reset the Camera settings to default and then go into Quick Gimbal Calibration in the settings tab.

FYI guys, make sure your controller is off when Refreshing the Drones Firmware, in other words, once the Refresh is done, switch off the device, then Refresh the next. The drone and the controller will try connect and it could risk issues during the Refreshing process.

I hope everyone found this information useful, I hope this could help, please be nice and share this onto other pilots, DJI Ken, please could you pass this onwardS in other channels if you any at your disposal.
2017-1-30
Use props
Gallacherboy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Gallacherboy Posted at 2017-1-30 06:47

Sorry guys, I forgot to add that, after both devices have been refreshed. Open DJI Assist and run the Calibration ONLY AFTER BOTH DEVICES HAVE HAD A FIRMWARE REFRESH<<<< Very Important<<< If you want it to work properly.
2017-1-30
Use props
Gallacherboy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

fansd0e20da3 Posted at 2017-1-29 02:36
Wow, thanks!

Hey man, glad you have a working Mavic with no camera issues, I am still shocked at how sharp and awesome the image looks. Fly safe and responsibly
2017-1-30
Use props
Luchian
lvl.3
Romania

Gallacherboy Posted at 2017-1-30 06:47

I allready did  all of that, as u said and i still have the jello effect...

p.s. you know that the calibration from DJ Assist is for sensor cameras and doesn't affect camera and ghimbal? reset camera settings & ghimbal calibration i think i did evey time when i try to fly "maybe" jello effect will go away

And as i tell you, i meet with a friend who got his Mavic 2 weeks ago, he didn't do any calibration/refresh etc. and his drone work like a charm, at -10-15C he fly without any jello
2017-1-30
Use props
Gallacherboy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Luchian Posted at 2017-1-30 07:49
I allready did  all of that, as u said and i still have the jello effect...

p.s. you know that the calibration from DJ Assist is for sensor cameras and doesn't affect camera and ghimbal?  reset camera settings & ghimbal calibration i think i did evey time when i try to fly "maybe" jello effect will go away

I understand that, the calibration software uses the Obstacle Avoidance cameras to calibrate the camera, my friend also has a Mavic which has no problems out the box, even flying in Canada with subzero temperatures with no Jello. Is your jello the same as the video I posted? Do you get jumping lines every now and then? Could you elaborate more on the video problems because it seems you have something completely different.   
2017-1-30
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules