10142 62 2017-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Luchian
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6706 ft
Romania

Gallacherboy Posted at 2017-1-30 09:44
I understand that, the calibration software uses the Obstacle Avoidance cameras to calibrate the camera, my friend also has a Mavic which has no problems out the box, even flying in Canada with subzero temperatures with no Jello. Is your jello the same as the video I posted? Do you get jumping lines every now and then? Could you elaborate more on the video problems because it seems you have something completely different.

First video is mine

2017-1-30
Use props
Gallacherboy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 778209 ft
United Kingdom

Luchian Posted at 2017-1-30 11:29
First video is mine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vgvDWOCvrA

Sorry mate, my bad.
2017-1-30
Use props
Gallacherboy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Luchian Posted at 2017-1-30 11:29
First video is mine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vgvDWOCvrA

Hey man, so in watched your video a couple of times and what I had was completely different as to what Camera issues you are experiencing.

I had a lot of Grain, distortion and warp in my footage, it almost looked as if the screens bit rate was below 10 bit. Nothing was sharp.

So from what I saw on YouTube a while back when I first discovered my camera problem, you might find this helpful. What you have is not software related, its a mechanical problem. You going to have to send it your drone in.

Please watch until end so you understand everything, dont waste anymore of your time, send your Drone in.

2017-1-30
Use props
Luchian
lvl.3
Romania

Gallacherboy Posted at 2017-1-30 13:52
Hey man, so in watched your video a couple of times and what I had was completely different as to what Camera issues you are experiencing.

I had a lot of Grain, distortion and warp in my footage, it almost looked as if the screens bit rate was below 10 bit. Nothing was sharp.

Today i sent it back, now let's wait 1 month
2017-2-1
Use props
Gallacherboy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Luchian Posted at 2017-2-1 00:03
Today i sent it back, now let's wait 1 month

Good luck and I am sure it will come back with no problems, your country is beautiful
2017-2-1
Use props
fans48d34f9f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 199554 ft
United States

Question for all experiencing  the Jello . Did it happen right away? Reason I ask is I have had my Mavic for about a month and took it a couple times just to make sure I didn't have any inherent defects I read about while I was waiting to receive it. Great video the first few flights. At 4K. Took it out this weekend and saw the Jello eve one has been talking about. Not as bad as some but enough to make the video  subpar. It was a bit more windy than the first few flights. Lighting conditions the same overcast. Didn't make any changes with the setting and same software version. When through a few P3 that were bad out of the gate and was very happy the first few flights with the mavic but looks like I as well have to over come the jello issue. For now I will read up on it and am heading down to Florida in a couple weeks were I am hopping it doesn't  return. Not sure why  it worked so well then out of the blue the Jello issue.  

2017-2-5
Use props
Typhon
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-24 12:50
Sounds good, they'll take good care of you.

Hi ken, can you please explain what happens with my DJI care refresh if my mavic gets replaced under warranty? Obviously my care refresh is linked to my previous mavic's serial number which was only 2 weeks old!
2017-2-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Typhon Posted at 2017-2-6 12:29
Hi ken, can you please explain what happens with my DJI care refresh if my mavic gets replaced under warranty? Obviously my care refresh is linked to my previous mavic's serial number which was only 2 weeks old!

It will transfer to the new aircraft.
2017-2-6
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

Gallacherboy Posted at 2017-1-30 06:47
OK, READ ALL BEFORE DOING ANYTHING

Step 1: Ensure both Controller and Drone is charged maxed

How do i complete step 2?
I dont see a refresh button and i am on first version and wish to remain there.
What does the factory default button do?
2017-2-7
Use props
Gallacherboy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Step 2: Connect the controller to PC, run DJI Assist and Refresh the Firmware, once complete, disconnect only when prompted to do so. If you look under the Firmware tab, you will see the version of which firmware your controller is, it will be highlighted in RED as CURRENT, you should have a Reinstall or Refresh tab, if not, I will check on DJI Assist and come back to you. First time I did Refresh the firmware with out finding the Refresh tab. Unless its changed
2017-2-7
Use props
Wandering Cloud
lvl.3
Flight distance : 839633 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-2-6 20:47
It will transfer to the new aircraft.

Hi Ken,

DJI support have not replay to any emails for more than 1 week. Send some email on the 30th about blurry and jello images recorded on my new replacement but have not heard anything back.
It is really frustrating. Can't anyone do anything to hurry thing up a tiny bit?

Thanks
2017-2-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Wandering Cloud Posted at 2017-2-7 06:59
Hi Ken,

DJI support have not replay to any emails for more than 1 week. Send some email on the 30th about blurry and jello images recorded on my new replacement but have not heard anything back.

Sorry about that, what is your ticket or case# and I will forward it on.
2017-2-7
Use props
Wandering Cloud
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-2-7 07:22
Sorry about that, what is your ticket or case# and I will forward it on.

I haven't got a new ticket number yet. I am still waiting to hear from DJI Support.
2017-2-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Wandering Cloud Posted at 2017-2-7 08:09
I haven't got a new ticket number yet. I am still waiting to hear from DJI Support.

What is your email then. I need something to give to support to look you up in the system.An old ticket is fine too.
2017-2-7
Use props
Wandering Cloud
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-2-7 08:52
What is your email then. I need something to give to support to look you up in the system.An old ticket is fine too.

The old case number is : CAS-330781-D8Q1F3
Thank you Ken!
2017-2-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Wandering Cloud Posted at 2017-2-7 09:23
The old case number is : CAS-330781-D8Q1F3
Thank you Ken!

OK, I've inquired about it.
2017-2-7
Use props
Luchian
lvl.3
Romania

I refund from reseller and today i bought new one from DJI store, let's hope i'll have luck this time
2017-2-8
Use props
WYHSniper1007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1003822 ft
  • >>>
United States

There are so many MAVIC have issues
2017-2-8
Use props
Luchian
lvl.3
Romania

WYHSniper1007 Posted at 2017-2-8 12:25
There are so many MAVIC have issues

Unfortunately, but i said to me to try one more time. If i have problems and with this one i'll refund and go with P4 Pro
2017-2-8
Use props
Gotters
lvl.3
Flight distance : 553976 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There seems to be some very difinative statements being made about the jello effect and its causes, none of which fully make sense to me.

Some say its a mechanical problem, but in the video above they are observing the jello happening when the drone is on the ground and stationary - also the problem shows as waves coming down the image with areas of the image moving around, how would this be something mechanical from the gimbal ?

THe video concludes its a gimbal balance issue and that the filters somehow balance it better but again I'm not sure how that holds true ?

I'm a noob to drones but with my technical software testing head on the problem looks more like something in the image sensor or software to me.

I've now got 25 flights in on my Mavic, had 2 flights where I saw the jello effect, didn't do anything at all and it went away.

I may be way wrong but this feels more like a software image processing issue that needs fixing rather than something mechanical.
2017-2-9
Use props
Luchian
lvl.3
Romania

So i refunded my first drone (from first post) and bought a new one directly from DJI and now i have another problem.

It's completely new, first time use (flight). As you see in video bellow when i move drone's direction gimbal has "jello effect".

I've checked gimbal, i removed all the stickers, calibrated ALL: IMU, CAM, RC STICKS, VPS and COMPASS, refreshed latest firmware and the problem still persists as you see in video.

Temperature was ~6 degrees Celsius.

Any sugestions? Should i RMA/refund again?

2017-2-18
Use props
Luchian
lvl.3
Romania

Luchian Posted at 2017-2-18 13:18
So i refunded my first drone (from first post) and bought a new one directly from DJI and now i have another problem.

It's completely new, first time use (flight). As you see in video bellow when i move drone's direction gimbal has "jello effect".

I email today to DJI (EU), waiting to respond, but i think i'll send it to repair. I don't want refund, because with new Mavic drones it's like on lotery
2017-2-20
Use props
Janks
lvl.1
Finland

I bought new Mavic Pro yesterday and I get terrible jello in all videos. What a disappointment

I have tried all the fixes but nothing seems to help. I can't believe they still haven't fixed this issue, as my Mavic is from very new batch. It's going back to the store I bought it from and I am not sure if I want to buy DJI drones in the future after this "experience".
2017-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules