Old rubbish needs to be expunged !!
650 0 2017-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Over time various operations / advices get repeated so often that they become ipso facto but with no basis in reality. They just get accepted as is.

Knowledge has moved on from the dark early days of LiPo's and also software.

Items such as Deep Discharge to correct battery inbalance ... shown to be completely wrong unless with secure individual cell monitoring which DJI battery does not perform. Scratch one.

Item such as repeated Compass calibration .... if you want your model to be affected by local anomalies - go ahead !! Then cry that the heading factor was lost and model did its own thing ! Re-calibration is only needed if you move significant distance from original setup location. (Contact me offline and I can give you all the reasons and information why - I've posted enough times ... )

GPS position and Glonass .... this is a real hot chestnut ... and one that seems to be misunderstood by so many ..... NOT ALL SATS are used in posituon computation - you can have 100 sats ... but unit will only use the number of sats it is programmed to use and rejects others based on information of errors / active etc. uploaded by ground stations to the sats etc.
Glonass DOES NOT INCREASE ABSOLUTE ACCURACY OF POSITION ... it only increases the number of sats available to use for calculation.
Regardless - the accuracy of GPS is only within 3m ... up to 10m .... and the position you see is based on AVERAGING .... If you take a GPS receiver and plotter - place the GPS receiver  and leave it for a period ... then after that - study the plot - it will show position varying over an area .... that area far larger than you imagined with your P3 !!

WiFi is active on both 2.4 and 5.8Ghz ... but both rely on DATA PACKETS .... and binding with units .... When a corrupted packet arrives - it is discarded ... awaiting clean data packet. Giving the channels and frequency hopping used by various items working on those bands - the P3 sits ... and has to work. This is why you have reduced range in urban areas ... due to discarded packets ....

There are many other items I could add to this post ..... but lets leave it there !!

Nigel
2017-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules