Which one to buy?
1420 8 2017-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jalwhit
lvl.2

Philippines

Hey guys! I'm fairly new here, i don't have a drone of my own yet, but looking at the creative videos and awesome shots shared here, i'm planning to buy one. Ive read some reviews about DJI drones, but which one do you think would match a beginner like me?
2017-1-21
Use props
Airobotix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357310 ft
United Kingdom

They're all pretty much idiot proof. No, wait, there are a lot of of people who buy a drone, take it out of the box, fire it up and have problems. Those are the people who don't read the instruction manuals and don't watch the tutorial videos . There is no substitute for learning as much as you can before you fly. Sure, you buy your drone and can't wait to get it into the air, it's human nature. All of the DJI drones are masterpieces of design and engineering, treat them as such. Sounds like I'm lecturing? Well, maybe, just start off slow and in no time you'll be having a ball!
2017-1-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

For photography p4p , it has a great camera, it is also an awesome drone, it has everything the Mavic has and a lot more. But the Mavic has portability it also has a very good camera and is a great drone to fly, if you can afford an inspire2 well I would go read up about this drone it's awesome but expensive but for a first drone maybe not. Lots of choices, good luck..
2017-1-21
Use props
jalwhit
lvl.2

Philippines

Airobotix Posted at 2017-1-21 12:53
They're all pretty much idiot proof. No, wait, there are a lot of of people who buy a drone, take it out of the box, fire it up and have problems. Those are the people who don't read the instruction manuals and don't watch the tutorial videos . There is no substitute for learning as much as you can before you fly. Sure, you buy your drone and can't wait to get it into the air, it's human nature. All of the DJI drones are masterpieces of design and engineering, treat them as such. Sounds like I'm lecturing? Well, maybe, just start off slow and in no time you'll be having a ball!

Thanks! I'm actually looking at the tutorial videos here.. weird I don't have a drone yet.. but like what you've said "There is no substitute for learning as much as you can before you fly."
2017-1-22
Use props
jalwhit
lvl.2

Philippines

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-1-21 12:57
For photography p4p , it has a great camera, it is also an awesome drone, it has everything the Mavic has and a lot more. But the Mavic has portability it also has a very good camera and is a great drone to fly, if you can afford an inspire2 well I would go read up about this drone it's awesome but expensive but for a first drone maybe not. Lots of choices, good luck..

Thanks! I'm very excited! I'm planning to order the Mavic soon!
2017-1-22
Use props
NJflyer
New

United States

Hi jalwhit, did you order the Mavic? If so, how is it working out for you?

I've been reading through this article http://mydroneauthority.com/reviews/best-drones-with-cameras-buying-guide/ but I'm not sure which to get. I'm looking for my second drone (first was a Syma X5C-1) but I feel like the Mavic or P4 might be too big of an upgrade.
2017-10-9
Use props
Mavvy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1386637 ft
United States

The Mavic pro was my 2nd drone and i really can't imagine owning anything else, there are plus and minus to it but for the most part, the portability is key for me.
Both when i travel and just fly around my home area, i can't even imagine toting around a Phantom drone, now the camera i hear is better on the Pantom but the Mavics 4K suits me just fine.

You WILL experience small glitches with whatever you buy but reading here and YTube videos are your friend and the range on the Mavic is just incredible

do your research and good luck.
2017-10-9
Use props
NJflyer
New

United States

Mavvy Posted at 2017-10-9 14:52
The Mavic pro was my 2nd drone and i really can't imagine owning anything else, there are plus and minus to it but for the most part, the portability is key for me.
Both when i travel and just fly around my home area, i can't even imagine toting around a Phantom drone, now the camera i hear is better on the Pantom but the Mavics 4K suits me just fine.

Thanks for the insight. I'll definitely look more into the Mavic. Its portability is a huge plus for me as I travel quite often
2017-10-11
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sounds like you're going for the MP, good choice. You won't regret it. Superb copter !
2017-10-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules