123Next >
8000 80 2017-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eljaano
lvl.1

France

Simple test.
If you use DJIGo without RC and without drone, you can see that the position where he locates you is false, he locates at 1.2 km West-North-West from the real position.
If you use GoogleMap or Litchi, the position is good, not with DJIGo.

It is definitively a real and heavy bug of the DJIGo app.

Dont use anymore DJIGo until they fixe this issue
2017-1-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

eljaano Posted at 2017-1-24 02:17
Hello from France !

Exactly that I experimented last saturday.

Could you please provide us the information mentioned above so that we can analyze the data?
2017-1-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Nicolas T Posted at 2017-1-24 01:08
Thanks Natalia.
Let us know when your engineers have the results. I think I'm not the only one waiting for their verdict. ;)

Since the aircraft was damaged, I do suggest you send it in to our service center.
You can get in touch with our tech support for a case number here: http://www.dji.com/support/product
2017-1-24
Use props
eljaano
lvl.1

France

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-24 02:47
Could you please provide us the information mentioned above so that we can analyze the data?

http://healthydrones.com/main?share=OkzbkX
2017-1-24
Use props
eljaano
lvl.1

France

Hi natacha,
Where can I upload you the entire log file ?
2017-1-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

eljaano Posted at 2017-1-24 02:59
Hi natacha,
Where can I upload you the entire log file ?

You can sync it through DJI GO app firstly, then let m know your APP account.
2017-1-24
Use props
eljaano
lvl.1

France

The sync is already done, but what is my APP account ?
My user name is "eljano".
2017-1-24
Use props
Nicolas T
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45039 ft
France

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-24 02:50
Since the aircraft was damaged, I do suggest you send it in to our service center.
You can get in touch with our tech support for a case number here: http://www.dji.com/support/product

Hello Natalia,

I will contact the support during the first week of March because, as I said earlier, I really need the drone in February. I hope we will have answers about this issue in the next days so I will be able to explain more precisely my case to the support.
2017-1-24
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Apparently this problem has persisted for a while now.  Here is a post on this from the pp forum:  http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... 04141/#post-1072635
2017-1-24
Use props
Nicolas T
lvl.1
France

eljaano Posted at 2017-1-24 02:23
Simple test.
If you use DJIGo without RC and without drone, you can see that the position where he locates you is false, he locates at 1.2 km West-North-West from the real position.

Hello French mate

I definitely need to test that. My drone went also 1.2 km in the north west direction (more west than north).
If the DJI Go App regularly shows the wrong location, maybe it will be better to install an older version. Someone suggested that the wrong location could be due to the latest DJI Go version.
2017-1-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

eljaano Posted at 2017-1-24 03:13
The sync is already done, but what is my APP account ?
My user name is "eljano".

It is the e-mail address used to login to DJI GO app.
2017-1-24
Use props
eljaano
lvl.1

France

Nicolas T Posted at 2017-1-24 03:19
Hello French mate

I definitely need to test that. My drone went also 1.2 km in the north west direction (more west than north).

There is a good chance, otherwise we would have heard about that since a long time.
2017-1-24
Use props
eljaano
lvl.1

France

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-1-24 03:18
Apparently this problem has persisted for a while now.  Here is a post on this from the pp forum:  http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/rth-and-distance-wrong.104141/#post-1072635

this post is from today...
I have reply it and explained my experience, but as I am beginner on that forum, I am waiting for a moderator approvement...
2017-1-24
Use props
eljaano
lvl.1

France

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-24 03:24
It is the e-mail address used to login to DJI GO app.

Natalia,
I sent you my email by PM.
Let say to me if you have received it.
2017-1-24
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

Here's another thread on the same problem:  http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... 04138/#post-1072680
2017-1-24
Use props
Fruxen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1370630 ft
Sweden

eljaano Posted at 2017-1-24 02:23
Simple test.

I'm not claiming anything to be true/false in this matter, but to give some feedback from my own testing I see nothing strange with the app, at least not DJI Go 4. I started DJI Go 4 on three devices without any connection to RC or drone.

Connected to 4G mobile network but Wifi turned off:
- Samsung Galaxy S6. Showed the correct position immediately.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S. At first showed a position 500m north of me, but switched to the correct position after 5-10 seconds as the GPS locked on to the satellites, I guess. When I start Google maps it shows exactly the same error but takes even longer to set the correct location. It seems to be something with the tablet GPS. But I already know from experience that it is not very good.

- Lenovo Tab2 A10-30. Only connected to my home Wifi (no SIM card). Gives a decent rough position at first within 50m or so, and then jumps around for a few seconds before locking at the correct position.

2017-1-24
Use props
PracticallyGeeK
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Happened to me today with a new replacement Standard.
Nearly lost it but just cancelled RTH.
No expert but would put this down to the recently updated GO app but no sure, seems googlemaps ans other map based apps seem to show my location as it is but GO shows me at least a mile or so away . . .you can check this by going into the app without the drone connected and with gps on it will shoe your location wrong
2017-1-24
Use props
eljaano
lvl.1

France

PracticallyGeeK Posted at 2017-1-24 07:56
Happened to me today with a new replacement Standard.
Nearly lost it but just cancelled RTH.
No expert but would put this down to the recently updated GO app but no sure, seems googlemaps ans other map based apps seem to show my location as it is but GO shows me at least a mile or so away . . .you can check this by going into the app without the drone connected and with gps on it will shoe your location wrong

Exactly.
And one more new case on the french DJI forum...

"Bonjour a tous
meme probleme pour moi hier
localisé a Eletot pres de Fécamp pour le décollage
rth recorded
suite a une nappe de brouillard arrivé rapidement de la mer,
mon drone était a 350 m et 40m de haut et perdu dans le brouillard
juste apres que j'ai appuyer sur le retour home ,le ptit gars s'est barré a 1.868 m plus loin
pour atterir dans une plaine pres de Senneville sur Fécamp.
alors qu'avant la mise a jour de l'appli tout fonctionnait normalement.
j'ai  mis 5 Heures pour le retrouvé.et enfin grace au LED dans la nuit  tombante que j'ai pu le localiser dans une plaine a 20 m de la falaise.
pour infos aujourd'hui nouveau vol et de nouveau rth planté rien ne fonctionne.
aurais le meme probleme que vous ?"

"Hello everyone
Same problem for me yesterday
Located at Eletot near Fécamp for take-off
Rth recorded
Following a fleece of fog arrived quickly from the sea,
My drone was at 350 m and 40m high and lost in the fog
Just after I press the back home, the guy got stuck at 1.868 m away
To land in a plain near Senneville sur Fecamp.
Whereas before the update of the app everything worked normally.
I  put 5 Hours to find it. And finally thanks to the LED in the falling  night that I could locate it in a plain 20 m from the cliff.
For info today new flight and again rth planted nothing works.
Would have the same problem as you?"

2017-1-24
Use props
fans987d278a
lvl.4
Flight distance : 124180 ft
Canada

eljaano Posted at 2017-1-24 08:15
Exactly.
And one more new case on the french DJI forum...

If you guys visit the phantom pilots site, a fellow over there is an absolute genius at reading flight logs says- Definitely a bug in latest DJI go app, there are 3 or 4 if not more cases of the home point randomly being reset in flight, & for no reason , sometimes with no  "home point has been reset warning".
Logs have been sent into DJI for analysis & all are waiting for a reply.
If your not flying LOS, this could be a phantom killer.
2017-1-24
Use props
richmars
lvl.4
Flight distance : 209537 ft
United Kingdom

fans987d278a Posted at 2017-1-24 08:38
If you guys visit the phantom pilots site, a fellow over there is an absolute genius at reading flight logs says- Definitely a bug in latest DJI go app, there are 3 or 4 if not more cases of the home point randomly being reset in flight, & for no reason , sometimes with no  "home point has been reset warning".
Logs have been sent into DJI for analysis & all are waiting for a reply.
If your not flying LOS, this could be a phantom killer.

There are a few other reports of the same fault from last year, so I don't think it's to do with the latest software update.
See here Reset home point

What's very disappointing is that DJI don't seem to have done anything about it.
2017-1-24
Use props
PracticallyGeeK
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Pretty sure people have said older versions of GO work without problems, potentially we have two different faults.
2017-1-24
Use props
Nicolas T
lvl.1
France

I just made the test myself.

With the latest DJI Go App (3.1.2) :
- On my Nexus 7 : I'm located more than 1 km away on the west of my position (just like when the drone crashed)
- On my Meizu M2 Note : I'm also located at the exact same spot, more than 1km away from my real position !

I decided to desinstall the app on my phone and tried with the previous one (3.1.1) : I'm perfectly and instantly located in my current position, at more or less 5 meters.

We can't say for sure my issue was the app fault, but I know for sure that I prefer to fly with an app indicating my real position !
2017-1-24
Use props
DanMan32
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2489501 ft
United States

I'm going to downgrade.  This is too dangerous.
Not completely relevent but I found out my Galaxy Tab E doesn't have a compass.   That can make the radar not as useful since the app can't easily tell what direction I am facing unless it is deduced by GPS when moving around.
2017-1-25
Use props
fans987d278a
lvl.4
Flight distance : 124180 ft
Canada

DanMan32 Posted at 2017-1-25 05:45
I'm going to downgrade.  This is too dangerous.
Not completely relevent but I found out my Galaxy Tab E doesn't have a compass.   That can make the radar not as useful since the app can't easily tell what direction I am facing unless it is deduced by GPS when moving around.

I;m running on Go app-3.01 with none of these RTH issues,
Seems to be only the latest 3.1.2 are experiencing issue of  re-setting of home point to  off in middle of nowhere!
I know a lot of flyers over at phantom pilots suggesting downgrade to  - 3.0.1 or 3.1.1
Google maps too, thankfully!
2017-1-25
Use props
richmars
lvl.4
Flight distance : 209537 ft
United Kingdom

fans987d278a Posted at 2017-1-25 07:43
I;m running on Go app-3.01 with none of these RTH issues,
Seems to be only the latest 3.1.2 are experiencing issue of  re-setting of home point to  off in middle of nowhere!
I know a lot of flyers over at phantom pilots suggesting downgrade to  - 3.0.1 or 3.1.1

It was seen last year (May / June in think) so I don't think it's related to the latest (or even the one before) version.
2017-1-25
Use props
DanMan32
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2489501 ft
United States

I just downgraded the app to 3.1.0, now it shows my mobile location accurately within the app.
2017-1-25
Use props
PracticallyGeeK
lvl.2

United Kingdom

richmars Posted at 2017-1-25 08:29
It was seen last year (May / June in think) so I don't think it's related to the latest (or even the one before) version.

I dont think its a hardware fauly though, I think whatever they do to the app its happened again.
2017-1-25
Use props
HWCM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5484997 ft
United States

Fruxen Posted at 2017-1-24 05:33
I'm not claiming anything to be true/false in this matter, but to give some feedback from my own testing I see nothing strange with the app, at least not DJI Go 4. I started DJI Go 4 on three devices without any connection to RC or drone.

Connected to 4G mobile network but Wifi turned off:

Seems to only happen with the P3 series.
2017-1-26
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

This thread seems to be a nice summary of the problem:  http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... -rth-issues.104355/
2017-1-26
Use props
Sam Cornwall
lvl.1
Flight distance : 188346 ft

United Kingdom

I've just had the same scary issues...

A couple of days ago I had a major problem with the my Phantom 3 Advanced. I was flying it as normal but when I pressed the return to home button on the DJI app it suddenly changed its home position to a totally random location about 1800m away from where I was flying it. As this meant the drone now thought it was outside of the 400m flight limit zone I had set it started heading to the new home point it had recorded.

There was nothing I could do to stop it from making its way there as it would not respond to any commands  from the controller other than to ascend and descend so I put it higher in the sky to stop it from hitting anything on the journey it had decided to take.

It lost transmission signal at some point after which point all I could do was hope and pray that it was still in one piece and that I would get it back.

I was very lucky as I was able to find and drive to the location that it had selected as its home point on the map and by some miracle it had landed safely in a field.

I am really worried that this might happen again and I am sure I wouldn't be as lucky next time and it may end up damaged or lost.

Here's a link to my flight log for the flight where my Phantom 3 Advanced malfunctioned:  http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/ZAM7V3UTULGXUTEJFI3B/  I'm not sure how clear it is to see from this but I am flying the drone from Longrock Beach roughly just below a place called the Mexico Inn. This is also where the Phantom took off from and then I flew it East towards St Michael's Mount for a while. But then at 6m 23.4s (when I used the return to home function) the Phantom chose a new homepoint for itself (The most Westerly point on its track). This seems to be totally arbitrary and a long way from where I am flying it from.

I feel very lucky that my Phantom was not damaged and it sounds like we all really need to know why this happened and how to avoid it in the future.

It's also clear from this thread that issues like this were coming up early last year too http://forum.dji.com/thread-50045-1-1.html?&page=3
2017-1-26
Use props
Nicolas T
lvl.1
France

The fact the the drones always seem to go west makes me think that this issue is definitely more an app issue than a device issue (because devices have different GPS hardware and it will be really strange that all the devices deviate west).
2017-1-26
Use props
formentera
lvl.2

Germany

Sam Cornwall Posted at 2017-1-26 07:51
I've just had the same scary issues...

Hi Sam Cornwall,

it is not your fault. The 3.1.2 DJI GO app is faulty. Your HP jumped even 2 times WNW.
Erase 3.1.2  and get a previous version.
2017-1-26
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534587 ft
France

I'm really curious what firmware is your P3P,at and what is tx and app at?
2017-1-26
Use props
Peo
First Officer
Flight distance : 25409793 ft
Sweden

The problem is with Android. Changing settings in the 3:12.

Have  "Enable Amap (For China Mainland) On
And
Calibrate Map Coordintes (For China Mainland) Off. And do a restart off the app
Then you have the right homepoint.
Then the map ar ok, But only on Android Phons and tablets
2017-1-26
Use props
Sam Cornwall
lvl.1
Flight distance : 188346 ft

United Kingdom

formentera Posted at 2017-1-26 08:38
Hi Sam Cornwall,

it is not your fault. The 3.1.2 DJI GO app is faulty. Your HP jumped even 2 times WNW.

Thanks Formentera, I'll try the older version of the app and keep fingers crossed  that it doesn't happen again. DJI need to realise this is a real problem which they need to acknowledge & fix ASAP...
2017-1-27
Use props
Chief250
lvl.1

United States

Hello, I'm a new PH3AD owner. I noticed with the DJI go app on three different devices it said that I was 2+ miles away from my aircraft which was hovering just over head. I tried everything put couldn't resolve the issue. So I thought I would try the Litchi App and BOOM. My position has been dead on since. I always make sure the home point on the map is where I took off before starting RTH So far zero Issues. All my limits are turned off. Not sure if this helps anyone. Good Luck!
2017-1-27
Use props
fans168f2385
New

South Africa

Hi we are in South Africa and have a P4P pro Plus is there an app for the controller for no fly Zones as the previous model would only work on Apple ios.
2017-1-31
Use props
fans6f9786d5
New

United Kingdom

same happend to me
videolink:
flight log:http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/HFFFFX0JPJ5H1UNXYNWJ/
2017-2-7
Use props
高晓松
New

China

This problem is caused by a bug in Android DJI GO APP. This bug  causes home point to jump to a wrong location .  To fix this problem, new version of Android DJI GO 3.1.2(582) has been released.  Consumers will also be notified through official channel. Please update the DJI GO if you are using the old version.
2017-2-9
Use props
dhimmakada
Banned

India

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-6-23
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules