Updating firmware via PC
12523 4 2017-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Moonbeam 1
lvl.1

United States

I feel kind of stupid here. This is my first drone and my first time trying to get everything set up to fly. I need to update the firmware and so I downloaded the DJI Assistant 2 software onto my computer and followed the instructions on the tutorial video - connected the controller and the mavic, connected the controller to the computer via the cord, and signed into the program. The video tutorial says that my Mavic should show up under "connected devices." Well, I don't see any connected devices or any options to do anything at all. Not sure what I am doing wrong!
Lynn
2017-1-21
Use props
Leadfoot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 64413 ft
Australia

Hi Lynn,

When I did it I installed the software first. I then restarted my PC. Then connected the Mavic to the USB socket and turned the Mavic on (two presses on the top button)

Your PC won't find the drone unless it's turned on. Same as updating your controller.

Hope this helps

Safe flying
2017-1-21
Use props
Moonbeam 1
lvl.1

United States

I had both the controller and the drone connected and turned on. I didn't restart the computer, though. I can try that.
2017-1-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Lynn, have you tried to re-link RC with aircraft? Or you could try to update the RC and aircraft respectively.
2017-1-21
Use props
ChasD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 435965 ft
United States

Same problem here.....waited several months to get the Mavic and finally received it during the first week of January.  I couldn't upgrade the firmware with the Go 4 app so I downloaded the Assistant 2 software and was able to upgrade the firmware for the aircraft, remote control and 3 batteries. I was able to use the flight sim and had access to all areas of the Assistant 2 software.  No problem with the Assistant 2 software at that time. I have taken about a dozen flights since updating the firmware and the Mavic is AMAZING.  I"M GOING TO SCREAM IT....THE MAVIC ROCKS!!!!  

I'm trying to learn as much as I can about the Mavic hardware/software so I decided to go back into the Assistant 2 software to look at some of the flight logs.  I was unable to get it to work with a Mac Mini or a MacBook Pro....same Mac Mini I initially used.  I tried very possible scenario which meant iOS V10.12.2 and V10.12.3.  I also tried Assistant 2 v1.08 and 1.0.9.  I reloaded the Assistant software twice, used different USB cables, rebooted the computers, changed the startup sequences and nothing would work.  I have no problem connecting to the Mavic through my Remote Control before or after trying all the mentioned remedies.

So then I went to the DJI Chat Line and wasted almost 3 hours....I got booted from the que on 3 occasions, twice while trying to chat with DJI Support Reps.  Each time I had to start over from the beginning of the que....very frustrating.  The final suggestion from the rep was to send the unit back.  While waiting, I surfed several Mavic forums and it appears that several people are having the same problem.  Some said they tried a few days later and it worked...others mention a 1.0.9-2 version of the Assistant 2 software (not listed on the Mavic D/L site) and others claimed that it is a server issue on the DJI side.  

Does anyone have any additional suggestions.  I get it.... this whole Mavic adventure has evolved at a very high speed but the lack of even electronic PDF manuals for the Go app and Assistant 2 software is inexcusable.  I feel bad for the DJI moderators and the Customer Service people in the trenches because they have to deal with the lack of resources, both in supply and support.  Once again....GREAT drone...horrible Customer Support.
2017-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules