AM wanting to buy a mavic, but so many having problems!
845 14 2017-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa533000a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2330492 ft

United States

I been wanting to buy a mavic, but i seen so many posts that people was having issues with them flying out of control, they do things with no input commands to do, and seen so many who had gimble/ camera issues.What is DJI doing about this, I am wanting to buy as soon as i feel they have corrected these issues.

2017-1-21
Use props
JasonMBryant
lvl.3

United States

The forum is not a good way to judge reliability. One of the main reasons that people come to forums is to report problems and get help. Many, many people who don't have a problem with a product never go to its forum. We're not a random sample.
2017-1-21
Use props
BradC234
lvl.2
Flight distance : 219770 ft
Canada

Wait it out... I have had two separate units already both defective with different issues, give it a few months or until the next iteration of the drone is out. It's really hit and miss at the moment with what type of build quality you get from these expensive tools.
2017-1-21
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

i do agree that theres an uncomfortable amount of people having problems. fortunately i havent had any but i dont fly too often at least not in the cold. i blame dji for basically making us beta testers at least thats what it feels like. i just hope i dont run into any of these problems.
2017-1-21
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Love the way the Mavic Pro works and very glad I purchased it. The best way is to just get one and start having fun, no need to worry because if you do have a problem... DJI will correct it under warranty.

All new technology experiences some bugs in the beginning, don't let that stop you. Most of the units are out flying right now   

All the best
Rich
2017-1-21
Use props
DesertDave
lvl.3
Flight distance : 55807 ft
United States

Just as in the automotive industry, there are some bugs to work out. The forums are good feedback to DJI for firmware updates and enhancements. If you look at many of the posts, there is a bit of human error mixed with vague instruction. Both improve quickly. I usually don't buy a vehicle in the first model year or at least the first 6 months of the model. I let everyone else feel the road rash. But don't be turned off by the Mavic. It is one neat piece of technology.
Good luck.
Dave
2017-1-24
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Flight distance : 799718 ft
Austria

boostedford Posted at 2017-1-21 21:02
i do agree that theres an uncomfortable amount of people having problems. fortunately i havent had any but i dont fly too often at least not in the cold. i blame dji for basically making us beta testers at least thats what it feels like. i just hope i dont run into any of these problems.

That´s the fate of early-adopters, and every buyer should know this ..................
2017-1-24
Use props
luvtofly
lvl.1

United States

Imo I think the mavic was optomised to use ios i first flew with a non approved android phone (droid turbo)It worked for a trial but didnt want to take a chance and bought an I pad mini 4 feel more secure using it.And by no means an an apple fanboy,actually my first ios device.Im just wondering if some issues people are having are from incompatable devices.
2017-1-24
Use props
The Rev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1256837 ft
United States

You only see the bad points in Forums like this as its the place to get help. There will be a lot of faulty Mavics out there but I think the % will be low and also a lot of problems will be user error.
2017-1-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

There are some cases out there when there is a problem, but that's what the warranty is for. Most issues are pilot induced and failure to understand the aircraft and know it's features, functions, and limitations by reading the entire manual.
The Mavic an an extremely reliable aircraft so there's no reason to not purchase one.
And if every Mavic owner posted their experience, there would only be a tiny fraction of negative posts as most always they will not post when everything is just fine.
2017-1-24
Use props
takhawaja
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16378 ft
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-1-21 21:24
Love the way the Mavic Pro works and very glad I purchased it. The best way is to just get one and start having fun, no need to worry because if you do have a problem... DJI will correct it under warranty.

All new technology experiences some bugs in the beginning, don't let that stop you. Most of the units are out flying right now   

Yeah well they didnt fix my issue under warranty. Saying that I crashed it. When it clearly flys perfectly. My sports mode was the problem
2017-1-24
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

The Mavic is fine so long as you accept there are limitations on the video quality.
2017-1-24
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

takhawaja Posted at 2017-1-24 11:05
Yeah well they didnt fix my issue under warranty. Saying that I crashed it. When it clearly flys perfectly. My sports mode was the problem

Sorry you had a bad experience...   Hope you get it figured out my friend

Rich
2017-1-24
Use props
fans2e9aa3da
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7159 ft
United States

I received one with a bad gimbal on Jan 12th still waiting for my replacement.
2017-1-25
Use props
Alex SP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 112549 ft
Brazil

Yes we are beta-testers. Early adopters always are, but "new appliance consumers" who jumped into the drone wagon are having trouble understanding and accepting this idea. The Mavic is still in the infancy of its development curve, just like the P2 and P3 before it. It was pretty much the same back then, many just don't know or don't remember. But eventually it got better. Bugs take time to be worked out, especially in such advanced, small, heavy-tech, FW dependent flying machine. It will take a while, but DJI can't just come out and try to explain this concept to the general public.

And yes, also true it's a small part of Mavics out there presenting problems. Most are flying OK and we also need to discount pilot error which we know is not infrequent.
2017-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules