Assistant 2 won't communicate Now Firmware Error
1426 16 2017-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LesB
lvl.2
Flight distance : 91765 ft
United States

Was trying to download flight logs to "Local" Assistant 2 V 1.0.9 lost communications and now won't connect to Drone P4P.  When I connect via the P4P+ controller it says  firmware abnormal.

Help
2017-1-21
Use props
LesB
lvl.2
United States

Also, Controller shows "Aircraft Encoder Error(0X20)
2017-1-21
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

LesB Posted at 2017-1-21 20:25

Aloha Les,

Update the aircraft again using the Assistant 2.  That should fix it.  The program may have thought you were trying to download the aircraft update not the flight logs.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-1-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

LesB Posted at 2017-1-21 20:25

Please try to restart the aircraft or unplug the USB cable, plug it in again, then check whether you can get it connected to your PC properly.
You've already upgrade the firmware to the latest or not?
You can restart everything and check whether the error message will disappear.
2017-1-22
Use props
LesB
lvl.2
United States

Here is what I have done so far.  Reinstalled the updated DJI Assistant to Ver 1.0.9   Still wont connect to PC.  I've tried restarting Both PC and P4P multiple times.  Also tried restoring PC to earlier date (in hopes it was a PC issue).  Still wont connect to the PC.    I did notice that when connected with the controller,  I can control the gimbal but no video show up on the screen.
2017-1-22
Use props
LesB
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-22 04:01
Please try to restart the aircraft or unplug the USB cable, plug it in again, then check whether you can get it connected to your PC properly.
You've already upgrade the firmware to the latest or not?
You can restart everything and check whether the error message will disappear.

Natalia,  is it not possible to reinstall the firmware via the sd card, or reset it back to a factory default via the controller?
2017-1-23
Use props
picky
lvl.2
Flight distance : 279 ft
Australia

LesB Posted at 2017-1-23 09:59
Natalia,  is it not possible to reinstall the firmware via the sd card, or reset it back to a factory default via the controller?

Hi was wondering what windows version you using
2017-1-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

You can restore the unit to factory settings, but it would not affect the firmware. You can also reapply the firmware if you noticed this occurring after the update.
2017-1-23
Use props
LesB
lvl.2
United States

picky Posted at 2017-1-23 22:59
Hi was wondering what windows version you using

I am using windows 7 pro, but I.ve tried connecting the drone to another computer running Windows 7 Standard.  I've also downloaded the app for android and tried to connect it that way.  In the end the USB port on the drone refuses to talk.
2017-1-24
Use props
LesB
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-23 23:17
You can restore the unit to factory settings, but it would not affect the firmware. You can also reapply the firmware if you noticed this occurring after the update.

Jamie,  the key here is the Drone will NOT communicate with the PC in any fashion.  Tried it on different computers and platforms USB dead
2017-1-24
Use props
PhantomPhil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44731 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Les,

You should try updating the firmware for the + controller via the SD card. Download the Phantom 4 Pro+ Remote Controller Firmware v01.01.01.01 to your PC from here ......
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _v1111_20161209.zip
Once downloaded extract the "GL300E_RC_User_v1111_20161209.bin" file and put it in the root directory of your SD card. Put the SC card in the controller, switch on controller, on start up screen click the gear icon, then system settings, then about device, then system update, then IMPORTANT click 3 dots in upper right of screen, then local update.
Note: I find it best to disable wifi first (from the settings, system settings menu) before doing a local update because sometimes the controller may start an update via wifi automatically before you are able to navigate the menus to do the local update and then you might end up with an error message while doing the local update.
Hope you get it sorted.
2017-1-24
Use props
PhantomPhil
lvl.4
United Kingdom

LesB Posted at 2017-1-24 08:55
I am using windows 7 pro, but I.ve tried connecting the drone to another computer running Windows 7 Standard.  I've also downloaded the app for android and tried to connect it that way.  In the end the USB port on the drone refuses to talk.

Hi LesB, In your first post you say that you have the P4P+ controller. There is no app for android that you can download to connect it that way.
With the P4P+  to update the drone controller connect to PC using latest version of DJI Assistant 2 v1.0.9 download from here.....
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _v1111_20161209.zip
and install on PC
The P4P+ controller can be updated via WiFi or local via SD Card.
I have already explained procedure for update via SD Card - I think this is the best method for you while you are having difficulties.
Best Luck, Phil.
2017-1-24
Use props
PhantomPhil
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-23 23:17

To Factory data reset the P4P+ controller on start up screen click the gear icon, then system settings, then scroll down to backup& reset, then Factory data reset. As DJI-Jamie posted this will not effect the firmware version.
Best Luck.
2017-1-24
Use props
LesB
lvl.2
United States

PhantomPhil Posted at 2017-1-24 09:15
Hi Les,

You should try updating the firmware for the + controller via the SD card. Download the Phantom 4 Pro+ Remote Controller Firmware v01.01.01.01 to your PC from here ......

PhantomPhil,  Thanks for trying to help me.  I may not have been clear on the issue.  The problem is not with the controller firmware.  it is up to date and appears to function correctly.  The problem appears to be with the Drone its self.  The Drone will not connect to the PC via USB.  In fact, it will not connect to any PC via USB.  Without this connection, there appears to be no way to update the bird, download flight logs to DJI or ??

Am I missing something ?
2017-1-24
Use props
LesB
lvl.2
United States

By the way, at this point it's just a learning exercise as the Drone left with UPS for the repair center.

I would like to thank everyone for their helpful support.  This is a great resource and community.
Les
2017-1-24
Use props
picky
lvl.2
Flight distance : 279 ft
Australia

LesB Posted at 2017-1-24 08:55

Try using djI asssitant version 1.0.7. I have windows 8.1 and the latest version of DJI assistant would not work..Good luck
2017-1-24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

LesB Posted at 2017-1-24 10:00
By the way, at this point it's just a learning exercise as the Drone left with UPS for the repair center.

I would like to thank everyone for their helpful support.  This is a great resource and community.

Good to hear you're getting it addressed. You'll be up and running again in no time.
2017-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules