Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Is H3-3D compatible with A3?
2314 6 2017-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Draco95
lvl.1

Australia

Hi,

I previously had the A2 system and used the GrPro H3-3D gimbal as my FPV, while my co-pilot controlled the 3 axis gimbal and Sony camera.  Now I'm on A3, does anyone know how to connect the H3-3D with the A3?  It works with Wookong, NAZA and A2; why would DJI incompatiblise their own components?

Thanks,
Draco  

2017-1-21
Use props
Draco95
lvl.1

Australia

Ok, so I can't get the H3-3D to work with the A3, but I can get the video output from the GoPro to the iOSD and video link.  If you go to this link, there's a very useful video showing how it's done...

Alternatively, I can just go back to using the A2, which I know lives up to all my expectations and functions perfectly.
2017-1-24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

The H3-3D and H4-3D are not considered HD gimbals, like the newer Z15s are. You can get a video feed, since you're connecting directly into your FPV system via HDMI or AV, but the A3 will not recognize the gimbal for tilt control. Older products becoming incompatible with newer systems is common as technology progresses, and unfortunately these two gimbals are not expected to become compatible in the future.
If you want to keep the A3, you would need to change out to a 3rd party gimbal, which can now be customized via the F-ports on the A3. Based on the information provided, you are using a SBus RC/receiver combo with your rig, correct?
2017-1-25
Use props
Draco95
lvl.1

Australia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-25 15:19
The H3-3D and H4-3D are not considered HD gimbals, like the newer Z15s are. You can get a video feed, since you're connecting directly into your FPV system via HDMI or AV, but the A3 will not recognize the gimbal for tilt control. Older products becoming incompatible with newer systems is common as technology progresses, and unfortunately these two gimbals are not expected to become compatible in the future.
If you want to keep the A3, you would need to change out to a 3rd party gimbal, which can now be customized via the F-ports on the A3. Based on the information provided, you are using a SBus RC/receiver combo with your rig, correct?

Correct, I was using SBus, but I've now dismantled the A3 and re-installed the A2, everything is funtioning again.  The only gain I got from the A3 was triple redundancy, and that alone wasn't worth all the set backs.
2017-1-29
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Draco95 Posted at 2017-1-29 15:20
Correct, I was using SBus, but I've now dismantled the A3 and re-installed the A2, everything is funtioning again.  The only gain I got from the A3 was triple redundancy, and that alone wasn't worth all the set backs.

If you absolutely needed the H3-3D, then going back to the A2 would be the best course of action. There were ways to get a similar set up, if you choose to revisit the upgrade.
2017-1-29
Use props
igorshiling
lvl.2

Russia

H3-3D with N3 will work
2017-2-10
Use props
davidbitton
lvl.1
United States

how about the H4-3D?