Dji Care refresh
584211 584211 2017-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansde8b3c54
lvl.2
Flight distance : 727799 ft
Australia

Hi just wanted to see if anyone wanted care refresh and missed the 48hrs time frame. I applied on the 4th day of owning my Mavic. Of course I was rejected so I sent an email to support with photos,serial no. And saying I could send flight logs. Well I know they are very busy but a week has passed and no answer. I missed the boat marginally but now it's over a week of owning. Can anyone from DJI assist?? Anyone apply by email late? An answer either way would be great.

Regards James
IMG_1177.JPG
2017-1-22
Use props
DJI-Pixo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 157211 ft
France

Same for me
2017-1-27
Use props
BradC234
lvl.2
Flight distance : 219770 ft
Canada

The cost for Care Refresh really is not worth it, not only do you have to pay $99 USD but also $79 for the first incident. That's almost $180 USD, I've sent my unit back twice (first time was covered under care refresh) where the cost of repair was close to $140 USD and then has to send it back again where the repair cost would have been $140 again for the gimble. It's not something I'd personally recommend, besides the entire Refresh process has proven to be a joke.
2017-1-27
Use props
DJI-Pixo
lvl.1
France

Some say it's essential. Do you know if there are still problems of loss of signal or loss of GPS ?
2017-1-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

BradC234 Posted at 2017-1-27 13:21
The cost for Care Refresh really is not worth it, not only do you have to pay $99 USD but also $79 for the first incident. That's almost $180 USD, I've sent my unit back twice (first time was covered under care refresh) where the cost of repair was close to $140 USD and then has to send it back again where the repair cost would have been $140 again for the gimble. It's not something I'd personally recommend, besides the entire Refresh process has proven to be a joke.

Trust me, if you accidentally smack your Mavic into something while in Sport Mode (it happens ALL the time) you will have a very high repair bill.
I highly recommend DJI Care Refresh.
2017-1-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

It is Chinese New Years right now and you should receive an answer back the end of next week.
2017-1-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Pixo Posted at 2017-1-27 14:03
Some say it's essential. Do you know if there are still problems of loss of signal or loss of GPS ?

A crash due to malfunction would be covered under the warranty.
DJI Care Refresh is for pilot error crashes.
Flight data analysis would determine if it was a malfunction or pilot error.
2017-1-27
Use props
DJI-Pixo
lvl.1
France

So is that too late for us to suscribe care refresh ?
2017-1-27
Use props
DJI-Pixo
lvl.1
France

A pilot error may occur later even if the drone has been activated for several days.
This can also be checked with the flight data and the date of purchase of the DJI care refresh
Isn't it ?
2017-1-27
Use props
DJI-Pixo
lvl.1
France

(I beg your pardon for the quality of my English.)
2017-1-27
Use props
Como Lake
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7481496 ft
Italy

DJI-Pixo Posted at 2017-1-27 14:44
So is that too late for us to suscribe care refresh ?

Yes you can....just from few week is possible!
2017-1-30
Use props
DT393
lvl.3
Flight distance : 282979 ft
United States

When I bought my Mavic, I purchased Care Refresh along with it. It seems strange to me that I should buy a "refresh" when I'm not sure what it is refreshing on a new model I assume when I receive my Mavic in a few weeks, I will be able to use the activation code I will eventually get sent to be part of the program.
2017-1-30
Use props
DT393
lvl.3
Flight distance : 282979 ft
United States

Also I assume Refresh doesn't cover fly-away craft, no matter the cause?
2017-1-30
Use props
tellus1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 105551 ft
Australia

From my understanding the drone must be retrieved and returned to DJI for care refresh
2017-1-30
Use props
mejia
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36198 ft
United States

People have spoken within the forums of State Farm having drone insurance, which covers fly away and anything else possible. Look through the forums for it. Price varies depending on location and there's a minimum premium. Just letting you know in case they don't let you get the Care Refresh.
2017-1-30
Use props
Defender4he1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 466 ft
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-27 14:16

In  care refresh exclusions page my understanding is no cover if using third party app (Litchi)  but have read posts saying not so .Can we get a definitive answer here ?

Thanks Noel
2017-1-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Defender4he1 Posted at 2017-1-30 14:09
In  care refresh exclusions page my understanding is no cover if using third party app (Litchi)  but have read posts saying not so .Can we get a definitive answer here ?

Thanks Noel

For a detailed answer you can email djicare@dji.com and they can assist.
I do see the last says software.

These are the exclusions.
DJI Care Refresh does not cover the following:
1) Lost or partially lost aircraft, gimbal or accessories.
2) Stolen, forgotten, or abandoned product.
3) Damage caused by flight under unsuitable conditions.
4) Remote controller, battery of Inspire 2 and Phantom 4 Pro, and modification accessories.
5) Deliberate losses.
6) Abrasions and shell damage that do not affect the performance of the product.
7) Direct or indirect losses caused by force majeure.
8) Replacement requests for damage incurred outside the period of validity.
9) Extra fees resulting from technical enhancements or performance improvements.
10) Damage resulting from modifications that are not in accordance with manual recommendations, or the use of incompatible batteries and charger.
11) Damage resulting from the use of third party accessories, batteries or software.
2017-1-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-30 14:33
For a detailed answer you can email  and they can assist.

# 11 does say as a result of using third party accessories batteries or software,

If you crash your Mavic into a wall due to pilot error,  then your crash is not resulting from the use of third party accessories, batteries or software.

But if your crash is due to using any of the above, you have a problem.

That is the way # 11 reads and I don't think there is any small print.

So I think defender is reading this all wrong, nowhere does it say you not covered if using ie litchi app, but rather your not covered if litchi is the cause of your crash..
2017-1-30
Use props
aviscomi
lvl.3

United States

mejia Posted at 2017-1-30 13:49
People have spoken within the forums of State Farm having drone insurance, which covers fly away and anything else possible. Look through the forums for it. Price varies depending on location and there's a minimum premium. Just letting you know in case they don't let you get the Care Refresh.

Its actually called State Farm  Personal Articles Policy and the average premium for a Mavic is $65.  I pay a bit more because I also insure my Inspire 2
2017-1-30
Use props
SJT
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-30 14:33
For a detailed answer you can email  and they can assist.

DJI-Ken,

I bought DJI Care Refresh at the same time as my Mavic Pro but I don’t know if my drone is covered.

When I check coverage using the following page - https://repair.dji.com/en/djicare/coverage it says “serial number has no DJI Care record”.

Can you help?
2017-1-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

SJT Posted at 2017-1-30 16:09
DJI-Ken,

I bought DJI Care Refresh at the same time as my Mavic Pro but I don’t know if my drone is covered.

If you can please email djicare@djicare.com and they will be able to assist you.
2017-1-30
Use props
mejia
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36198 ft
United States

aviscomi Posted at 2017-1-30 15:03
Its actually called State Farm  Personal Articles Policy and the average premium for a Mavic is $65.  I pay a bit more because I also insure my Inspire 2

thank you for clarifying!
2017-2-1
Use props
SJT
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-30 18:52
If you can please email  and they will be able to assist you.

DJI-Ken,

I've been messaging them back and forth and they don't seem to know what they are doing.  I have been asked to input my DJI Care code but I never received one in the first place (and yes, I have checked my spam folder).  Also my order is still showing as "Shipping" and not "Complete".  Is it not complete because, although they have sent me a £1300 drone kit, they have not sent me an e-mail with a code in it?

My ticket number is 413284.  Can you, or someone, please chase it up?
2017-2-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

SJT Posted at 2017-2-3 02:06
DJI-Ken,

I've been messaging them back and forth and they don't seem to know what they are doing.  I have been asked to input my DJI Care code but I never received one in the first place (and yes, I have checked my spam folder).  Also my order is still showing as "Shipping" and not "Complete".  Is it not complete because, although they have sent me a £1300 drone kit, they have not sent me an e-mail with a code in it?

Sorry for the difficulty, I've sent an email to the Care team to assist you.
2017-2-3
Use props
SJT
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-2-3 07:24
Sorry for the difficulty, I've sent an email to the Care team to assist you.
Thanks for the help.

I've now received a notification email from DJI to say that my Mavic has shipped (even though I received it on Monday and that by DJI Care Refresh "Will come later".  You can't make this stuff up!
2017-2-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

SJT Posted at 2017-2-3 07:58
Thanks for the help.

I've now received a notification email from DJI to say that my Mavic has shipped (even though I received it on Monday and that by DJI Care Refresh "Will come later".  You can't make this stuff up!

The tracking notification can take some days to get updated into the system, so that may be why it still says shipped.
2017-2-3
Use props
SJT
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-2-3 08:10
The tracking notification can take some days to get updated into the system, so that may be why it still says shipped.

I have now received the DJI Care agreement and I've just checked it on the Remaining Balance page.  It has been updated but coverage doesn't start until Sunday.  Dare I fly it tomorrow?

Thanks again.
2017-2-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

SJT Posted at 2017-2-3 10:53
I have now received the DJI Care agreement and I've just checked it on the Remaining Balance page.  It has been updated but coverage doesn't start until Sunday.  Dare I fly it tomorrow?

Thanks again.

You've already purchased Care Refresh and activated your aircraft so I would think you are ok.
But I'm not the authority on that.
You can reply to the email and ask the Care team.
2017-2-3
Use props
Ely324
lvl.3
Flight distance : 904888 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-27 14:16

DJI Ken, would failure of obstacle avoidance with a head on wall be covered under warranty? I was flying using P-OPTI mode with the vision system active and the drone and myself were not able to slow it down in time.
2017-3-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Ely324 Posted at 2017-3-1 10:49
DJI Ken, would failure of obstacle avoidance with a head on wall be covered under warranty? I was flying using P-OPTI mode with the vision system active and the drone and myself were not able to slow it down in time.

The Flight Data Analysis department would determine that after reviewing the flight logs.
2017-3-2
Use props
Ely324
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-2 07:37
The Flight Data Analysis department would determine that after reviewing the flight logs.

Ok, I understand, but if you are flying with the vision system active, how does the mavic crash into a head on wall? Isn't that the point of the obstacle avoidance system?
2017-3-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Ely324 Posted at 2017-3-2 07:57
Ok, I understand, but if you are flying with the vision system active, how does the mavic crash into a head on wall? Isn't that the point of the obstacle avoidance system?

Yes it should avoid it as long as the aircraft was withing the obstacle avoidance limitations like not flying at night or directly into the sun or other limitations mentioned in the manual.
2017-3-2
Use props
Ely324
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-2 09:55
Yes it should avoid it as long as the aircraft was withing the obstacle avoidance limitations like not flying at night or directly into the sun or other limitations mentioned in the manual.

Ok, I guess I will have to see what they say when they receive the drone. It is suppose to arrive at DJI tomorrow.

I was flying indoors in a well lit building. Unfortunately the video from the flight is unplayable. The file is on the memory card but I'm guessing from the Mavic shutting down after the crash the file was not completed. A photo did show up on the flight log in the app so they can see that.
2017-3-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Ely324 Posted at 2017-3-2 20:12
Ok, I guess I will have to see what they say when they receive the drone. It is suppose to arrive at DJI tomorrow.

I was flying indoors in a well lit building. Unfortunately the video from the flight is unplayable. The file is on the memory card but I'm guessing from the Mavic shutting down after the crash the file was not completed. A photo did show up on the flight log in the app so they can see that.

The internal flight data recorder will tell them what happened. When it arrives it will take a few days to move from receiving to the evaluation department.
2017-3-3
Use props
Ely324
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-3 08:46
The internal flight data recorder will tell them what happened. When it arrives it will take a few days to move from receiving to the evaluation department.

Is California the only location for repair in the states for those with Care Refresh?

The reason I am asking is this process takes an awful long time for a customer who paid money upfront for this program, and a program that makes it seem like you won't be without  your drone for an extended period of time. I guess how long it takes is all perception, but 5 days shipping for those on the east coast, and then a 5-7 days turnaround time, plus another 5 days shipping, which doesn't include weekend days, makes this process nearly a 3-4 week time period without your drone. So at the end of the day you don't get preferential treatment or faster service with Care Refresh to get you back flying quickly.

I hate to complain, but this is not "Rapid Support." I'm not sure why there isn't an option to just check that you would like a replacement and forego the assessment process, and have a replacement drone shipped out as soon as the damaged drone is received. My drone arrived to DJI California on Friday and here I am 4 days later with no update on my repair status.
2017-3-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Ely324 Posted at 2017-3-7 10:08
Is California the only location for repair in the states for those with Care Refresh?

The reason I am asking is this process takes an awful long time for a customer who paid money upfront for this program, and a program that makes it seem like you won't be without  your drone for an extended period of time. I guess how long it takes is all perception, but 5 days shipping for those on the east coast, and then a 5-7 days turnaround time, plus another 5 days shipping, which doesn't include weekend days, makes this process nearly a 3-4 week time period without your drone. So at the end of the day you don't get preferential treatment or faster service with Care Refresh to get you back flying quickly.

That's how the process works, Refresh is a priority over the normal aircraft that come in for repair.
California is where the repair center is so if you live East Coast then yes you can have up to two weeks for shipping both ways.
2017-3-7
Use props
Ely324
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-7 10:28
That's how the process works, Refresh is a priority over the normal aircraft that come in for repair.
California is where the repair center is so if you live East Coast then yes you can have up to two weeks for shipping both ways.

Oh ok, I asked online support and they said 5-7 day turnaround time whether refresh or not.

It's hard to see how refresh has priority when it has been at DJI since Friday and my repair progress doesn't even show it has been received yet.
2017-3-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Ely324 Posted at 2017-3-7 13:10
Oh ok, I asked online support and they said 5-7 day turnaround time whether refresh or not.

It's hard to see how refresh has priority when it has been at DJI since Friday and my repair progress doesn't even show it has been received yet.

It's a massive facility, when shipping trucks drop off st the loading docks it can take several days for packages to move through logistics to the correct departments.And any time quoted does not include shipping and it's from when received in not when the truck drops it off.
2017-3-7
Use props
Ely324
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-7 13:11
It's a massive facility, when shipping trucks drop off st the loading docks it can take several days for packages to move through logistics to the correct departments.And any time quoted does not include shipping and it's from when received in not when the truck drops it off.

I understand the entire process, I just think it could be greatly improved by reducing the time that customers get their drone back. So on top of 4-5 days shipping time of UPS etc. there is the additional time of my package making it's way through this massive facility.  In my opinion this is not rapid support. And I am not trying to hate, I just think the process is rather weak for a replacement insurance type program where DJI already has already received a good bit of my money just to be eligible for a replacement.

With dji authorized repair centers spread through out the country, maybe they should become authorized care refresh centers as well.
2017-3-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Ely324 Posted at 2017-3-7 14:42
I understand the entire process, I just think it could be greatly improved by reducing the time that customers get their drone back. So on top of 4-5 days shipping time of UPS etc. there is the additional time of my package making it's way through this massive facility.  In my opinion this is not rapid support. And I am not trying to hate, I just think the process is rather weak for a replacement insurance type program where DJI already has already received a good bit of my money just to be eligible for a replacement.

With dji authorized repair centers spread through out the country, maybe they should become authorized care refresh centers as well.

Only the DJI repair facilities can do warranty work and Refresh.
I'm sorry about that.
2017-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules