How to disable firmware updates???
3419 2 2017-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
newman0912
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3428 ft
United States

Hi.  I'm happy to report that so far, so good with my P3S.
Bought it new a couple weeks before Christmas.
No problems at all with RTH, although I don't use it very often, when I've used it - even yesterday a few times, it worked perfectly.

I'm sorry others are having problems.

I'm running DJI Go version 3.1.2 and firmware version 1.7.09.
I've never updated firmware or the app, and I'm thinking that I will be hard pressed to do an update after reading the problems on this forum.

I've gone into my I Phone 6 settings and turned off the 'auto app update' option, so the DJI Go app will stay on 3.1.2 until I manually update it.

For the screen 'red' Update note for changing from 1.7.09 to 1.8.1, is there a way that I can disable this automatic note popping up?  I don't want to accidentally press the 'update' button.  

Finally, I think I know the answer to this.  If everything is working fine on my aircraft, there really isn't any need for me to update anything, correct?

Nigel, good luck to you and others.  You've helped me already with some good advice, I'm sorry to hear you're having problems.

I'm wondering.  When people that obviously know what they are doing (like Nigel) are posting problems, why doesn't DJI jump in with some kind of suggestion, or explanation?

Thanks,
Wayne
2017-1-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Just ignore the message.
It's just advising that an update is available but you don't have to accept it.
2017-1-22
Use props
Horus
lvl.2

Canada

Yep i see it the same way, i updated my quad and im not even going to try to fly the thing to risk having it crash or take off on me. im new to quad i dont have anyone around me here that has experience so that if i can go test the thing and loose control pass the controller on to them to bring it back.
DJI made these quad easy to fly but with the latest firmware all i read is bad things going on. us owners of the phantom3 standard deserve an explanation on whats going on with this app
and its up to DJI to come up with an answer as soon as possible with a clear answer as to why this is going on.
I always fallow Nigel threads this guy has experience and great video for all to watch but this guy says he has a problem with firmware and cant fly his quad well that just turn it all around for me
ill leave my quad on my dresser i still like playing with it in simulator mode. But until DJI come up with a clear why and a fix it will stay there till then.
im disappointed at DJI i thought highly of there products .

2017-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules