Video file corruption
519 2 2017-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Damacone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 358622 ft
United Kingdom

I'm having trouble with videos on a freshly formatted (in the P4P) 128GByte card.

I can start filming, and it will run for a few minutes and then stop on its own - at which point I can re-start it.

When I examine the video later, the first file is just short of 4GBytes long, and unplayable.

This seems to happen regularly.  Has anybody else seen it and is there a common cause?

2017-1-22
Use props
Damacone
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Just following up on this.  The problem appears to be related to the memory card.

When I used a SanDisk Ultra 128 GB MicroSDXC UHS-I card, I saw the problem on every flight.

I've switched to a Samsung Memory 64GB Evo MicroSDXC UHS-I Grade 1 Class 10 card, and this seems to work perfectly - no corruption at all.

So, it seems our P4Ps are quite picky about the cards we use.   I benchmarked the write performance of both cards and in fact, the larger card seems better, so it looks like there is something else going on.

Strange!
2017-2-8
Use props
Damacone
lvl.2
United Kingdom

So..  looking into this further it appears that the 'U1' MicroSDXC cards support a guaranteed write speed of 10 MBytes/sec, which is lower than the 100Mbit/s (= approx 12.5 MBytes/sec) that the P4P can produce..
I am guessing that much of the time it is 'okay', but sometimes it can't keep up, leading to corruption.

I'll be ordering a U3 (30 MBytes/sec) card today...

2017-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules