VPS Error During Flight (Information)
569 0 2017-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Trent Mavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1098924 ft
United Kingdom

This information might not be of much use to DJI but haven't seen this posted elsewhere with regards to all the VPS issues so here goes...

Have found my Mavic has the VPS issue showing that i'm less than 1foot above ground sometimes and going to into landing mode when trying to descend (http://forum.dji.com/thread-77495-9-1.html)...

However, have just been flying around, I was at roughly 300ft just flying forward and had an error pop up saying see app and something about sensor calibration error (first time seeing this). It also said possibility of precision landing being unavailable or something to those words. Brought it back to the garden and landed no problem at all.

Said I needed to recalibrate the VPS. So did it via the app moving it in the square motion. All worked fine. It then said for more accurate calibration use the DJI assisstant on PC. So thought I'd be better doing that.

Downloaded and installed DJI Assistant 2 and started the calibration with the PC screen. Finished moving the drone and it said final calibration can take up to a minute. It got to 85% and said calibration failed. Thought I would give it another go and it worked that time.

Restarted it all, put a new battery in and went up again, within couple minutes I was having the VPS problem again with it flashing a low height in red and going into landing mode whilst trying to descend.

When I have had the errors they've been very intermittent and I haven't actually had to turn VPS off yet to get it to land as pushing throttle up cancels it and repeating that eventually stops the problem for a short while. Only once that I mentioned in another thread that during a sunrise flight I struggled a lot to get it down as nothing at that point was working to cancel the problem (before I learnt of this known issue).

Not particularly asking for help on this problem as I know it's an ongoing thing that is being looked into but the information may help somebody who's looking into it
2017-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules