United States

Try to calibrate in DJI ASSISTANT SOFTWARE
2017-2-7
Use props
Daley
lvl.2
Flight distance : 197953 ft
United States

Here's my latest update.  On the end of the 4th day and this is my status.  DJI chat was very helpful in confirming that there is no update haha.  
I'm hoping the person who handled the shipping dates isn't the same person responsible for the repair date estimates!!

DJI.JPG
2017-2-8
Use props
Daley
lvl.2
United States

Here the last update.  It will be delivered to my house on Friday 2/17!  so all in all it from the time I sent it in to having received it will be a total of  3 weeks.  I live on the East Coast and the repair facility is in CA so 5 day shipping is normal.  DJI covered the shipping each way so I'm only out $103 for the repair.  The whole process has been seamless and I'm really impressed.

I will definitely be doing my own calibration in the DJI Assistant Software why I get it back.  And now I will be much more careful flying around trees!
2017-2-15
Use props
Daley
lvl.2
United States

The Roach Posted at 2017-2-7 12:35
You will not get the same drone back.  It will be a refurb.

I checked the serial numbers and they repaired my device... it is not a refurb.
2017-2-15
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

Daley Posted at 2017-2-15 03:59
I checked the serial numbers and they repaired my device... it is not a refurb.

That sounds good, happy flying
2017-2-15
Use props
bitboy0 - mavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 212201 ft
Germany

OAS ist good to have, but nothing to rely on. I'ts so easy to fly, but in the air you are in a 3D enviroment and you loose orientation fast. Even if there is a live-video on your display.
I had one crash with my mavic and this was only my fault. I learned the hard way to do all the things much more carefully and look ahead my flight path.

OAS is just the last Option if you allready have made a mistake. You flew to that tree in the first place because you was not aware of it. So who is to blame?
So to take responsibility is what to do, even if that sounds very hard to you. Even if I aggree that this System should have prevented that accident.
For me it did the job where I tested it. But avoid "testing" it is the best way to not having any crash at all.

2017-2-15
Use props
Daley
lvl.2
United States

bitboy0 - mavic Posted at 2017-2-15 05:19
OAS ist good to have, but nothing to rely on. I'ts so easy to fly, but in the air you are in a 3D enviroment and you loose orientation fast. Even if there is a live-video on your display.
I had one crash with my mavic and this was only my fault. I learned the hard way to do all the things much more carefully and look ahead my flight path.

I know exactly what I did wrong and won't be making that mistake again.   I 'informally' tested the OAS for everyone on the forum so now you know it will not pick up a  tree that is about 15"-18" in dia!

2017-2-15
Use props
bitboy0 - mavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 212201 ft
Germany

Daley Posted at 2017-2-15 05:26
I know exactly what I did wrong and won't be making that mistake again.   I 'informally' tested the OAS for everyone on the forum so now you know it will not pick up a  tree that is about 15"-18" in dia!

I tested OAS against several things ... and it works fine. I don't know what was wrong at your flight. This big tree should have been seen by OAS...

Every Situation where only OAS can save you is a piloting error in the first place. But of course it's really sad the OAS didn't work at that Situation. I heard that OAS can blinded by the sun if the highest parts of the picture is overexposed... maybe thats the Problem in your case. There where some bright reflections behind the tree and scattered sun from above.
2017-2-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules