Left stick question.
701 4 2017-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SN0WY3000
lvl.2
Flight distance : 127740 ft
United Kingdom

Is locking the left stick down a CSC and making the motors stop in mid air ??

2017-1-22
Use props
Andy4195
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1046870 ft
United Kingdom

Locking the left stick down will lower the drone down , but don't forget to knock the left stick back into central position well before it hits the ground
2017-1-22
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

No it will not stop the motors in mid air ... but the descent rate will be quick ... till it gets about 20 - 30cms of the ground and then let down slowly. Once the AC stops on the ground - it detects no change in barometric pressure and stops the motors after a second or so ...

Personally - I control my descent myself and then use the left stick lock down to stop motors once landed.

Funnily enough I demo'd the above to a new Standard owner yesterday who asked same question on the flight field. I had her about 50m up ... put left stick to lock down ... and let her land. She did exactly what I describe above.

Nigel
Nigel
2017-1-22
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2064587 ft
Spain

solentlife Posted at 2017-1-22 12:45
No it will not stop the motors in mid air ... but the descent rate will be quick ... till it gets about 20 - 30cms of the ground and then let down slowly. Once the AC stops on the ground - it detects no change in barometric pressure and stops the motors after a second or so ...

Personally - I control my descent myself and then use the left stick lock down to stop motors once landed.

there is question of if you have your mavic flying and you have the default settings of toggling both stick inward that the mavic will cut the power to the motor and fall I think, it won't because in that option there is a CSC something and emergency toggle something which i am thinking that the emergency toggle will not cut the juice of the motor but the other will the CSC one...
2017-1-23
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

watuse Posted at 2017-1-23 00:34
there is question of if you have your mavic flying and you have the default settings of toggling both stick inward that the mavic will cut the power to the motor and fall I think, it won't because in that option there is a CSC something and emergency toggle something which i am thinking that the emergency toggle will not cut the juice of the motor but the other will the CSC one...

??

Sorry you have lost me there ....
And this is P3S / 4K forum ... has nothing to do with any other model - especially Mavic.

Nigel
2017-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules