New Phantom 2 Vision+ - Motors won't start
3829 10 2015-2-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alex
New

Canada

Hi, I have a brand new Phantom, just got it out of the box yesterday!  I'm excited to fly it but I can't seem to get it started.  I think I've got it all setup.  I have the remote turned on, the extender turned on, I've calibrated the compass, the app connects to the camera.
I've got the latest recommended firmware installed according to the Assistant.

I then push both stucks down to the inside corners (CSC) to fire up the motors, and then the LEDs on two of the arms flash red quickly 3 times.  It then goes back to a slow yellowish flash.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

2015-2-17
Use props
tucknrotor
lvl.1

United States

are you on top of metal or concrete?
2015-2-17
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Did you calibrate the sticks on both the transmitter and the Phantom?
2015-2-17
Use props
alex
New

Canada

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-2-18 10:32
Did you calibrate the sticks on both the transmitter and the Phantom?

I calibrated the sticks on the remote using the Phantom assistant (Phantom connected via USB), and I've done the compass calibration.

1. Do you know what the 3 red flashes of the LED mean?
2. Is there another calibration I need to do?
2015-2-17
Use props
alex
New

Canada

tucknrotor@hotm Posted at 2015-2-18 10:30
are you on top of metal or concrete?

Nope!  The Phantom is sitting on my desk in my office.  I also tried in a park on grass yesterday.
2015-2-17
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

alex@alexblack. Posted at 2015-2-18 10:37
I calibrated the sticks on the remote using the Phantom assistant (Phantom connected via USB), and ...

Did you do the IMU calibration? The 3 red flashing red lights then 3 yellow lights means, (not stationary or bias to big).  can you connect to the PT2 program and get a screen shot of the imu calibration page?
2015-2-17
Use props
alex
New

Canada

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-2-18 10:59
Did you do the IMU calibration? The 3 red flashing red lights then 3 yellow lights means, (not sta ...

Thanks, that did it!  Previously IMU calibration appeared disabled in the UI, but this time it was enabled.

Shit, I fired up the motors, and then had no idea how to turn them off.  I read up quickly, and I guess screwed up the CSC, and it flew off my desk. It looks like it survived, lol.  fingers crossed.
2015-2-17
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

alex@alexblack. Posted at 2015-2-18 11:07
Thanks, that did it!  Previously IMU calibration appeared disabled in the UI, but this time it was ...

Always take off your props when inside.  Recalibrate the sticks on the Phantom and the transmitter.  Normal shut off is left stick down to you for 3 seconds.  Emergency shut off is both sticks down to you and to the center,  Never do emergency while in flight or you will crash.  The motors will stop immediately.
2015-2-17
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

unless it is headed from your desk to your face.  then a midflight emergency CSC is perfectly acceptable.  so says my fingers.  

which, btw gerry, are all sans bandaids as of today

but yes, always take props off inside, an accident with this thing will mess you up and worst case it will hurt other things inside your house including itself along the way.
2015-2-17
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

gnixon2015 Posted at 2015-2-18 11:34
unless it is headed from your desk to your face.  then a midflight emergency CSC is perfectly accept ...

No more bandaids,  that's great.
2015-2-17
Use props
ruud
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4409 ft
Netherlands

Hi,
I need some help here, since Dji is on Holliday:
Last Sunday my phantom 2 vision, made a unexpected move without controlling it. The phantom was hovering, and I wanted to take a picture. Than suddenly it toke of full throttle. Because it was going to the road, I cut off the motors. So it crashed on the gras from one and a half meter high. The battery was out of the phantom, but there was very little damage. One prop guard was broken. When I tried to restart the phantom, only the red lights stayed on. Hooked the phantom to my pc and error message was: COMPASS-ERR. abnormal compass data. Restart the flight controller or reconnect the compass due to the loss connection.
In the assistant software there is no data in IMU compass.
In the software upgrade screen there is no version of gps in the screen.
Replaced compass but did not work. What can it be?
Any suggestions?
Regards from Holland.
Ruud.
2015-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules