Video seems to be of poor quality.
1145 10 2017-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kmbit
lvl.1

United States

I am new to the DJI products - and I am starting out very slow, staying in beginniers mode - and only flying in great conditions - so I was suprirsed when I downloaded the images I was taking indoors - while playing with the drone in my living room that the quality is not what I expected it to be.   Now this is my first time playing in the 4K video formats but I have switched to the smaller of the two formats,  set the format to MP4 ( for windows ) and I am seeing some green screens and stripes then a few screens later it clears up -  and then the video will distort and then clear.   I am sure that I am doing something wrong but for the life of me I can not determine what it is.   Also I do not see the same issues on my P4P+ RC screen,  it seems to be in the video that is on the micro SD card that is in the bird.

Could it be the tool I am using to playpack ( I am using VLC )?  What tools should I consider using?  

Thanks for your input and feedback.  

Kevin

Phantom 4 Pro+

2017-1-22
Use props
kmbit
lvl.1

United States

EDIT:  I should also mention that the Still Images are Chrystal Clear
2017-1-22
Use props
ePetLicensing.c
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

You are not going to get decent picture with low lighting inside the house. Take it outside and you will see the difference.
2017-1-22
Use props
CCrew
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41568 ft
United States

Could very well be the processing power of the computer you're trying to view the video on. When looking at it on the controller you're looking at the locally cached version which is lower resolution.

4K video on a computer takes a decent GPU to deal with it.
2017-1-22
Use props
C_LUU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 481988 ft
Australia

Hi Kmbit

Do you have access to another computer? The green screen slash glitching is typical of a computer struggling to play 4k back in real time. try recording in 1080p and see if that plays normal,  if it does, its probably your computer being a little sluggish
2017-1-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Kevin, you can also upload an original file to Dropbox and post the link here, we'll help you check it.
2017-1-23
Use props
kmbit
lvl.1

United States

I will get that done today - thank you.  
2017-1-23
Use props
kmbit
lvl.1

United States

Video uploaded -

https://www.dropbox.com/s/whzocko0aa3eo4m/DJI_0004.MP4?dl=0
2017-1-23
Use props
srachamallu
lvl.1

United States

I have the same issue, I am using s7 edge while recording and saw green bars etc, when downloaded video to computer tried with vlc and same but worked perfectly fine when I played the same file using windows video player.
2017-1-23
Use props
kmbit
lvl.1

United States

C_LUU Posted at 2017-1-22 21:14
Hi Kmbit

Do you have access to another computer? The green screen slash glitching is typical of a computer struggling to play 4k back in real time. try recording in 1080p and see if that plays normal,  if it does, its probably your computer being a little sluggish

I do not at the moment - but the system I am using is an I7 with 64G or ram and an SSD for storage - so unless it is the graphic that is lagging I doubt it is the processing power.   I will how ever take the advice of recording in 1080 and see if it is better.   

Thanks

Kevin

PS: new system arrives in Feb - Dual processor 128G ram and dual SSD with a dual GPU graphics Card From AMD/ATI.  
2017-1-24
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

kmbit Posted at 2017-1-24 21:35
I do not at the moment - but the system I am using is an I7 with 64G or ram and an SSD for storage - so unless it is the graphic that is lagging I doubt it is the processing power.   I will how ever take the advice of recording in 1080 and see if it is better.   

Thanks

Try downloading VLC Player, it is quite good at handling 4K. And the latest version can take advantage of any GPU you might have fitted to the computer.
2017-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules