Is there really no way to downgrade firmware?
3786 47 2017-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phantom-Paul 7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2551634 ft
Australia

I have nothing else running on the Galaxy A7 except the Go App it is used exclusively for the 2 Phantoms only (P3S and P3A) .  I Also use a Samsung 5S which is on the approved list of devices but I find with my ageing eyes its too hard to read the camera settings at the top on the fly (IE eg shutter speed etc.. )  so I prefer the A7  not too big like a 10" and not too small like a phone.

I have just learned to work around it knowing that a quick flick to Photo and back to video fixes it. I'll be interested to see how you get on.
2017-1-25
Use props
Phantom-Paul 7
lvl.3
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-24 01:49
Thanks for your details, that seems interesting.
May I know if you have another brand mobile device to have a try?
If you can record a small video showing the situation, it will be highly appreciated.

Below are a couple of screenshots of the "Go App black & White screen bug"  where the camera view stops working but everything else keeps going.
This was halfway through the flight by shear coincidence I had just come in to land to change ND filters and as I was about to touch down when it went black. It was still recording and just hitting stop and changing to still camera mode brought the screen back to life as usual. Usually if you click the cancel RTH message a few seconds later the screen goes completely black.
What I find strange is that it says No image available Return home ?   Nothing about no signal just no image.
Screenshot_2017-01-28-07-35-06[1].jpg
Screenshot_2017-01-28-07-34-59[1].jpg
2017-1-29
Use props
Joe VP
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35453 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-22 23:37
Please try to re-link aircraft and remote after you upgraded firmware.
Have you tried to fly it in different open places? please be far away from the interference since it's WiFi image transmission.
Also please fly it farther then higher and let us know the performance.

I have done everything.  Tried different firmware and app combinations.  Re-linked.  Calibrated everything.  Different locations.  Nothing is working for me.  I take of and in 30-seconds get Weak Signal the No signal messages.  If I could return it I would.  I am so frustrated with it now.  
2017-1-29
Use props
pjhudson
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4820 ft
United States

Phantom-Paul 7 Posted at 2017-1-29 01:11
Below are a couple of screenshots of the "Go App black & White screen bug"  where the camera view stops working but everything else keeps going.
This was halfway through the flight by shear coincidence I had just come in to land to change ND filters and as I was about to touch down when it went black. It was still recording and just hitting stop and changing to still camera mode brought the screen back to life as usual. Usually if you click the cancel RTH message a few seconds later the screen goes completely black.
What I find strange is that it says No image available Return home ?   Nothing about no signal just no image.

I had that exact problem and I switched back to 3.1.1 Go App. Ever since I did that I have not had this problem.
2017-1-29
Use props
Phantom-Paul 7
lvl.3
Australia

townsendfrank Posted at 2017-1-25 09:16
yes it is random.Sometimes within 30 feet and sometimes after 10 mins or more in flight.As soon as I
can get out I am going to try and stop all running apps.I was told to even stop the dji go app.My little
LG wall mart phone dose not have the problem.Hope it is not a thing with my samsug A7 tab.

Well Frank I am sad to say its looking like it may be a combination of the A7 tablet and different versions of the Go App.   I've tried 3 different devices  (outside of my A7 )  and 2 out of the three had the blank screen issue at some stage  My Samsung S5 appears to work without issues on ver 3.1.0. I went back to the A7 and I managed nearly 3 batterys before it happened again on the A7 and then it happened 3 times in 5 mins.  The A7 has been stripped of everything bar the essentials and only gets used for the 2 Phantoms .   I think I will just learnt to live with it as I know that a quick jump from Video back to Still usually fixes it straight away.  I never fly beyond VLOS so loosing the video feed is just annoying rather than dangerous.  
2017-2-7
Use props
fansf274e658
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53465 ft
United States

I am having similiar experiences since the update... And we are not the only ones..
it seems almost ignorant that DJI thinks its something else what.. Does not take a genius to figure that out its the software
2017-2-7
Use props
djiuser_sMTQ65jgT3AN
lvl.1
United States

My p3s is got the 3.1.26 v of the go app and the fw is 1.9.20+ .when I log in to the app at the top right of screen I hold down on the 3 little lines and it says to down grade to 1.9.20 but it keeps telling me it fails to download.
2018-1-30
Use props
Ron B
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5577 ft

United States

DJI Natalia,

So why has DJI taken away the ability to downgrade our P3s firmware?

Whats the truth, is it to force us (out of frustration) to abandon our standards for a new P4????????
I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER DJI PRODUCT UNTIL THIS IS CORRECTED!!!!!
2018-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules