Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Identify a phantom 3 help?
4644 23 2017-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hazah21kno
lvl.1
Flight distance : 281480 ft
Ireland

Hi, I I'm just asking is there any way to identify a phantom 3 type by appearance. My friend found a phantom 3, and is selling it to me, however I need to know what type it is to get the right remote. Here are pictures he Sen me, thanks for any help.         
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
2017-1-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I'm only guessing, but it seems to be a Phantom 3 Standard.

Please don't hesitate to Correct me if I'm mistaken. Thanks.

RedHotPoker
2017-1-23
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Hazah,

Looks like a Phantom 2 Vision + to me.  Totally different controller and operating system.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-1-23
Use props
Hazah21kno
lvl.1
Ireland

Cetacean Posted at 2017-1-23 02:49
Aloha Hazah,

Looks like a Phantom 2 Vision + to me.  Totally different controller and operating system.

Thanks so much for that, yep I'm pretty sure you're right. Hadn't even considered that. Do you know much about vision plus 2, and what id need to get. Thanks so much for that, seriously
2017-1-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Cetacean Posted at 2017-1-23 02:49
Aloha Hazah,

Thanks Ken, yes, I think you are correct. Good to have others here with far-more experience with this dji Phantom drone knowledge than I do...

How's your P4 flying going, on these windy days? ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-1-23
Use props
Ob1415
lvl.2

United States

Definitely looks like to P2 Vision +.
2017-1-23
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hazah21kno Posted at 2017-1-23 12:12
Thanks so much for that, yep I'm pretty sure you're right. Hadn't even considered that. Do you know much about vision plus 2, and what id need to get. Thanks so much for that, seriously

Aloha Hazah,

Here is the DJI product page for the Phantom 2 Vision +.

http://www.dji.com/phantom-2-vision-plus

Do be aware that there are both 2.4 and 5.8 GHz Remote Controllers for the P2 depending on which one you have.  The Vision + uses the 5.8 GHZ controller.  It also includes a Range Extender that acts like a mobile hot-spot for WiFi.  Look at the specifications on the link above to be sure you are getting the right units for the flight system.  The Range Extender used to be $100 for the more powerful one and $69 for the lower powered one.  I think the controller was also $100.  DJI does not offer them anymore but may have some ideas about how to get what you need.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-1-23
Use props
freelanderuk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 177720 ft
United Kingdom

If he found it it is not his to sell, it belongs to someone else, has he tried to find the person who lost this, as most people seam to use social media it may be worth posting that it has been found
2017-1-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

freelanderuk Posted at 2017-1-23 23:43
If he found it it is not his to sell, it belongs to someone else, has he tried to find the person who lost this, as most people seam to use social media it may be worth posting that it has been found

If people don't place a name, home number or some way to contact them, what more can a poor boy do?

RedHotPoker
2017-1-23
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-1-23 12:29
Thanks Ken, yes, I think you are correct. Good to have others here with far-more experience with this dji Phantom drone knowledge than I do...

Aloha RedHot,

The first Phantom I worked on was a P2 V+.  Even made a preventer for the gimbal so the gimbal would not separate on hard landings and crashes and damage or break the ribbon.  The P2 V+ is the one we figured out and researched Vortex Ring State with, so I have had a little bit of experience with it.  

But the P1 was the first Phantom I ever saw fly.  The owner offered me a chance to fly it, but I declined even though it looked like a lot of fun.  Next thing I know I am up to my armpits in Phantoms!

Really, it has been very windy these days and finally we got some rain.  I prefer it to rain when it is windy so we can fly on the other days.  Take care now!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-1-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Cetacean Posted at 2017-1-23 23:50
Aloha RedHot,

The first Phantom I worked on was a P2 V+.  Even made a preventer for the gimbal so the gimbal would not separate on hard landings and crashes and damage or break the ribbon.  The P2 V+ is the one we figured out and researched Vortex Ring State with, so I have had a little bit of experience with it.  

Ken, Yes, I know you have been struggling with the unruly Hawaiian weather. Bummer, how can you stand it? Haha
You really should look into www.realflight.com where you can fly every day, rain or shine...

Winter here, is very dry. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-1-23
Use props
freelanderuk
lvl.3
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-1-23 23:48
If people don't place a name, home number or some way to contact them, what more can a poor boy do?

This still doesn't mean he has a right to sell it , , I have found things before that had some value, I handed it in to the local police and was given a recipt, if it was not claim in 6 weeks I was given the item back and it was mine, there are plenty of options open to try and find the owner ,that's what I would do
2017-1-24
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-1-23 23:59
Ken, Yes, I know you have been struggling with the unruly Hawaiian weather. Bummer, how can you stand it? Haha
You really should look into www.realflight.com where you can fly every day, rain or shine...

Aloha RedHot,

You have written about that simulator game previously.  I meant to ask, do you use your own controller for the input or do you have to buy theirs?  I have pedals, joystick and throttle and just about every flying game there is.  But, Phantom Flight is the best so far.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-1-24
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hazah21kno Posted at 2017-1-23 12:12

Aloha Hazah,

Has your friend tried to find the owner of the P2 V+?  If you do try to find the owner, note that it has red and blue stripes but only after you or your friend are contacted.  They would have to say that to identify the P2 V+.  They should also have to say how the stripes are oriented.  (Mine are single stripes right next to each other but different colors and only on the front side.)  Otherwise everybody and their brother will say it is theirs.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-1-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

freelanderuk Posted at 2017-1-24 00:01
This still doesn't mean he has a right to sell it , , I have found things before that had some value, I handed it in to the local police and was given a recipt, if it was not claim in 6 weeks I was given the item back and it was mine, there are plenty of options open to try and find the owner ,that's what I would do

Yes, of course you are correct. But I'm no ones moral compass.. Or high ground.
It's smart to put your phone number on something that could fly away...

RedHotPoker
2017-1-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Cetacean Posted at 2017-1-24 00:26
Aloha RedHot,

You have written about that simulator game previously.  I meant to ask, do you use your own controller for the input or do you have to buy theirs?  I have pedals, joystick and throttle and just about every flying game there is.  But, Phantom Flight is the best so far.

It's not a game, but a worth while tool. And for realism, RealFlight X will be a winner for a long time to come. Check out the videos on YouTube to see X in action. Remarkable.

With most versions you can hook up your own RC controller, not with RealFlight Drone though...
Anyway, it can be purchased with an adequate RC to have all the control input you need.
Do you have any hobby shops, in town, that might have a demo copy already running?  Once you get into RealFlight, you'll understand my sentiments for it.

RedHotPoker
2017-1-24
Use props
Hazah21kno
lvl.1
Ireland

Cetacean Posted at 2017-1-23 23:41
Aloha Hazah,

Here is the DJI product page for the Phantom 2 Vision +.

THANKS, Super helpful
2017-1-24
Use props
Hazah21kno
lvl.1
Ireland

freelanderuk Posted at 2017-1-23 23:43

Yeh your right, hes hed it for 3 years, illl tell him that. Think I'll save up for a good new one.
2017-1-24
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hazah21kno Posted at 2017-1-24 15:14
Yeh your right, hes hed it for 3 years, illl tell him that. Think I'll save up for a good new one.

Aloha Hazah,

That is probably a wise decision.  The cost of replacement components (RC, battery, Range Extender, etc.) would probably cost more than buying a much newer model with much better capabilities.

The P3 Advanced and the P3 Professional are not sold anymore, but refurbished ones are sold by DJI.  The refurbished models are almost like new and very inexpensive.  The P3 Advanced sold by DJI would probably be your best bet.  You may want to look into it.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-1-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Can't beat the prices listed now, with the deductions these days... Hope that you can get your hands on a trouble free unit.

That experience is priceless. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-1-24
Use props
freelanderuk
lvl.3
United Kingdom

The batterys doing well for 3 years old ,did he find the charger also
2017-1-24
Use props
Hazah21kno
lvl.1
Ireland

freelanderuk Posted at 2017-1-24 22:53
The batterys doing well for 3 years old ,did he find the charger also

No charger , or seen the battery work though
2017-1-25
Use props
KevDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475522 ft
United States

Looks like a Vision 2+.Check the Serial Number
2017-1-31
Use props
Odan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182913 ft
United States

Like has been stated....dump this one...The money you would spend on "MAYBE" getting it to work.  If it doesn't work, you are stuck with a bunch of crap.
Get a new, from a cool DJI shop or Amazon and fly without having to look over your shoulder for the cops....  This could be stolen too.
If you get a new unit just like it you will prob spend less and get everything you need to fly.  
2017-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules