World Trip and bad support!
954 15 2017-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SirUlmer
New

United States

Hello,

i will go for 10 months on a world-trip and bought a mavic pro for this adventure!  

I orderd a mavic and payed it at 5.1.2017
I got one at 18.1.2017.

I flyed 0 seconds with it and saw that a plastic "cap" behind the gimbal is broken!  
I talked with a mechanik and he told me it is clearly a dead on arival and i should send it back.
He don't would recommend me to fly with that.

Okay now the service was quite good!  

But then the say i must contact Holland for a DOA !

You wait like 30 minutes to get somebody on the phone!  
Than you talk with somebody who dont speak german or english like it is his mother language!

Than after half an hour i dont get any good answer on the phone just send the bill and a mechanik will open you a case.
I dont have the oppertunity to talk with the mechanik!

I clearly want to know if i get this drone back before 31.1.2017 because otherwise i would take the damaged drone before i dont get anything fpor the travel!  
And than i also need a refund paper if i dont get it back until this day!  

You can read all mails in the case:

CAS-418800-Q9H0C6

I am very sad and angry if you dont find a good solution because than it is the last time i will buy a dji product and also only use a good service "1 day later you get a new one" like at amazon because it is not my fault and when I'am paying like 1300 € at YOUR homepage and i got a damaged product than i should get the best service you have!!!
IMG_4124.JPG
IMG_4118.JPG
2017-1-23
Use props
Harbourside
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

I am not really sure what I am supposed to be looking at in the photos ?
If you mean the "damage" to the back of the camera, that's just where you have not removed all of the sticker that had the yellow tab on it.......
Or do you mean something else ?
2017-1-23
Use props
Dronoob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 126079 ft
Germany

It looks like the gimbal clamp is broken. The gimbal clamp is used to hold the camera in a fixed position when it is not used. If you pull out the remaining piece of plastic behind the gimbal/camera, everything might be working just fine (assuming that the gimbal and camera have not been damaged). In that case you could ask DJI support if they can send you a new gimbal clamp.
2017-1-23
Use props
hariedo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10650 ft
Japan

The back plate of the camera itself is cracked in the middle.  This is identical to shipping damage that other people have reported also.  It looks like maybe the clear gimbal clamp actually applied additional force there during some shipping impact, and cracked that part of the camera.

From another person on another forum:

2017-1-23
Use props
Wandering Cloud
lvl.3
Flight distance : 839633 ft
United Kingdom

I doubt that you will receive your Mavic in time before 31st.
I sent mine back to Holland via UPS on the 12th Jan and still waiting to hear anything back from them.
2017-1-23
Use props
SirUlmer
New

United States

Thank you for the answers!

The back plate is broken from shipping or i dont know what !

The mechanik means that it "only" a cover for the cabel behind it.

But if i put it away i lose my warranty! And that is not the a good idea for a 1300€ thing that should be perfect when it arrived!

Now i had a drone in holland and now they told me the dont can change it until i will fly away ....
If i would know that, i wouldn't send it to holland because now i have nothing .....

2017-1-23
Use props
SirUlmer
New

United States

Ps: Dji send no parts that is also a problem.

And yeah you are correct maybe it would work if i put the clap completely away but then i don't have any warranty anymore ...

But at the first mails it sounds like the will make it really easy and i get it back early enough!
2017-1-23
Use props
Rezer
lvl.2
Germany

My Mavic is in the Netherlands since the 18th January, too.
Since then i have not heard anything from them....
2017-1-23
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

Sorry to hear it arrived with a defect. For what I've read here, the repair time with shipping is around 2 weeks.
2017-1-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

SirUlmer, really sorry that you're experiencing difficulties, we'll inform our related team to follow up your case, and let you know for any new information.
2017-1-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Rezer Posted at 2017-1-23 06:33
My Mavic is in the Netherlands since the 18th January, too.
Since then i have not heard anything from them....

Rezer, we'll escalate your case and help you receive an update as soon as possible.
2017-1-23
Use props
SirUlmer
New

United States

Problem is that my mavic is now in holland and the dont can give me a information when they get the new one! Just a easy yes it is possible that you get it back until ...
I dont need more
Please help me !
2017-1-24
Use props
Rezer
lvl.2
Germany

The Support in the Netherlands write me now, that they have no Mavic in Stock.
They are waiting for a new delivery....
But they can not say when this delivery arives in the netherlands.
2017-1-24
Use props
SirUlmer
New

United States

I hope that will work because i fast check up and sending back must be possible

I don't understand why they dont know when the get new one
IMG_4241.PNG
2017-1-24
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

The plastic part is important. It is where the gimbalclamp locked behind.

Btw, you say, 10 months worldtrip... I would then buy 2 mavics. Why? In 10 months, you will fly a lot I guess, to capture as many scenes as possible, your crash-rate will be a high or any other failure.

Don't count on 1 drone. Things WILL happen, a tree, a signal loss, a motor failure, it is just a matter of WHEN.
2017-1-24
Use props
SpeedSix
New
Flight distance : 104521 ft
United Kingdom

Thought I would add my comments here. I have a Mavic Air which on ascent and decent rotates horizontally either to the right or left. It was returned to DJI Netherlands for repair. Up on its return it still has the same problem, that was about four weeks ago. Since then I have contacted support with no success, they have asked for a video of the problem, which I have posted on You Tube and given them link. Still no response, so I chased, only to be asked for a video of the problem!!! I told them that they had already asked for this and gave them the link again.

I am still waiting for a response from DJI. Their support is very disappointing - it  started out well, but I get the feeling now, that they hope I will just go away and give up.
2018-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules