12Next >
4070 57 2017-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1064780 ft
United Kingdom

This is an update from the big fly away problem I had a month ago, sent the P4P back to DJI which arrived back today, the one I received back is not the drone I sent to them, they have replaced it with a secondhand unit, you can see where the battery has been changed lots of times, also the camera is constantly pointing to the left, I have tried everything to make that point forwards but cant, also the battery is really wobbly when inserted, I have included a photo of the camera and a video of the battery, come on DJI whats going on here, these bits of kit are not cheap and I have not had the drone long, I would have expected a new replacement and to be honest with you I WANT A NEW REPLACEMENT!!!!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yh4pqt ... 2003%2002.jpeg?dl=0

2017-1-23
Use props
JWC P4 P
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8176 ft
South Africa

Utter nonsense - you bought new and therefore should get your own back - at least!
2017-1-23
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I'm gutted to be honest JWC
2017-1-23
Use props
Svt04cobra
lvl.2
United States

Not good but you would have known in advance if you checked the emails. The same thing happen to me. I sent mine in for the Camera gimbal issue and they sent me an email back saying it was repaired under warranty. What they didn't say was they actually replaced the P4P with a different one. I noticed the email they sent to confirm the P4P was received had my original serial number on it, but the email they sent me with the tracking info was a different serial number. I called on 2 different occasions to confirm mine was a NEW P4P and not a refurbished. Double check your emails.
2017-1-23
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I just checked the email they sent with tracking number and the serial number is the same as the one I sent to them, but the drone I received is a different serial number
2017-1-23
Use props
Ob1415
lvl.2

United States

Snowwolfwarrior Posted at 2017-1-23 07:36
I just checked the email they sent with tracking number and the serial number is the same as the one I sent to them, but the drone I received is a different serial number

The Refurbished units should have Serial #s that end in "R".  If the one they sent back to you does not end in "R" it SHOULD BE a new replacement.  They really should send back the same units that are being sent to them.  I have an insurance policy through State Farm and if DJI replaced my unit for another, my State Farm policy may not cover a claim if the S/N doesn't match with the one I initiated my policy with.
2017-1-23
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
United Kingdom

The serial number of the one that was sent to me does not end in an R but it is clearly secondhand with no stickers on any of the sensors, not even one on the camera lens, the grey strips on the feet are dirty and you can clearly see that the battery has been in and out a lot of times, and what topped it all was the really loose battery fit and the gimbal points the the left.
2017-1-23
Use props
PKPhantom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275276 ft
United States

It appears that the exchange was with another returned drone from a different customer. If the warranty process was within a month of ownership, you should have atleast received a BRAND NEW drone. Nonetheless, a wobbly battery is another disaster waiting to happen....unexplained power loss midflight and drop from the sky.
You would think DJI could actually verify the unit's functionality prior to shipping out the replacement. SMH
2017-1-23
Use props
Ob1415
lvl.2

United States

Snowwolfwarrior Posted at 2017-1-23 10:00
The serial number of the one that was sent to me does not end in an R but it is clearly secondhand with no stickers on any of the sensors, not even one on the camera lens, the grey strips on the feet are dirty and you can clearly see that the battery has been in and out a lot of times, and what topped it all was the really loose battery fit and the gimbal points the the left.

Sorry to hear that.  I'd get in contact with one of the Mods and see if they can help you out in making arrangements to return it to them.
2017-1-23
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I do hope one of them on here helps me get it sorted out, I have been really excited over the weekend knowing it was going to arrive today, was soon shattered when I see it
2017-1-23
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
United Kingdom

PKPhantom Posted at 2017-1-23 10:18
It appears that the exchange was with another returned drone from a different customer. If the warranty process was within a month of ownership, you should have atleast received a BRAND NEW drone. Nonetheless, a wobbly battery is another disaster waiting to happen....unexplained power loss midflight and drop from the sky.
You would think DJI could actually verify the unit's functionality prior to shipping out the replacement. SMH

The loose battery would be a disaster waiting to happen, I will never be flying this drone ever
2017-1-23
Use props
fans8a678ad4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 261788 ft
United Kingdom

Sadly I had the exact same battery problem with mine when I received it. The dealer agreed that it wasn't fit for purpose, I nearly didn't send it back and was thinking at just taping it up each flight, but why should I, it's a lot of money and should be right. I agree, the quality control is very poor, so many problems I'm reading about. Hopefully the new one I have on order from elsewhere will be ok, but I'm not holding my breath :/
2017-1-23
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
United Kingdom

fans8a678ad4 Posted at 2017-1-23 10:51
Sadly I had the exact same battery problem with mine when I received it. The dealer agreed that it wasn't fit for purpose, I nearly didn't send it back and was thinking at just taping it up each flight, but why should I, it's a lot of money and should be right. I agree, the quality control is very poor, so many problems I'm reading about. Hopefully the new one I have on order from elsewhere will be ok, but I'm not holding my breath :/

Sorry to hear about your problem, it is quite disheartening, I do hope you receive a new drone
2017-1-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Snowwolfwarrior Posted at 2017-1-23 10:37
The loose battery would be a disaster waiting to happen, I will never be flying this drone ever

On that alone I would immediately ship it back, it's a disgrace that they would send you this unfit unit, you should also be given a credit for the wat your being treated.
I wish you luck mate,  and remember take note of the serial number..
2017-1-23
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-1-23 11:00
On that alone I would immediately ship it back, it's a disgrace that they would send you this unfit unit, you should also be given a credit for the wat your being treated.
I wish you luck mate,  and remember take note of the serial number..

Thanks hallmark, I will take a photo of the serial now, I'm still shocked they have sent something out this bad, it's a shame really as the drones are very good bits of kit al in all, been without it for a month now, and I guess it's going to easily be another month before I can fly
2017-1-23
Use props
LesB
lvl.2
Flight distance : 91765 ft
United States

I'm getting ready to send my P4P in  (received on 12/15/16) for repair.  I have no more than 10 -12 minutes total flight time on this drone.  There aren't even fingerprints on it.  Is there any way to protect my self from getting someone else's junk back as a replacement.  Frankly if I could, I would just get my money back and wash my hands of it.
2017-1-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Frankly! Hmmmm hahaha eh, I hope you all get what you have coming to you. What you paid for and obviously deserve, and wished for.
I feel bad reading these anx filled posts, with unhappy DJI customers. I know how devastating it feels to be let down big time, by a huge corporation like DJI has become.
Much empathy, and wishes for a positive solution.
Thankfully there are forum mods here who care and work towards a happy ending for our requests and needs.  
Wishing the best outcome for all and any who are in this similar situation.

RedHotPoker
2017-1-23
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-1-23 12:40
Frankly! Hmmmm hahaha eh, I hope you all get what you have coming to you. What you paid for and obviously deserve, and wished for.
I feel bad reading these anx filled posts, with unhappy DJI customers. I know how devastating it feels to be let down big time, by a huge corporation like DJI has become.
Much empathy, and wishes for a positive solution.

I do hope so RHP I think I deserve a new p4p in the return post, even before I need to send it back, I have heard from DJI and they want all the details I sent again when I sent my drone off to them so they can escalate a repair, omg not another repair.
2017-1-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Snowwolfwarrior Posted at 2017-1-23 13:50
I do hope so RHP I think I deserve a new p4p in the return post, even before I need to send it back, I have heard from DJI and they want all the details I sent again when I sent my drone off to them so they can escalate a repair, omg not another repair.

Omg! Yes, several of those expletives, and more. Haha

They always seem to want to provide us with the best CS, but somehow that message often gets mixed up, at the shipping end... Someone needs to be enlightened, before shipping out the bad-goods... ;-)
Like they grabbed one off of the wrong pile. Incoming and outgoing should be kept very separated...

RedHotPoker
2017-1-23
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2064587 ft
Spain

I have had the same issues I sent them my Mavic pro for a ESC error and my serial number does not match with the one I sent to them, This one I got has some issues like when I am in sport mode the gimbal always reach its limit or something  I get Motor overload messages and recently when I am flying I get this battery over current warning.....
2017-1-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Snowwolfwarrior, sorry that you're experiencing difficulties, may I know you've contacted our support again or not?
If no, may I have your case number?
For the camera issue, please try to manually rotate the gimbal in the opposite direction of the tilt until it reaches its limit. Do this several times, and the gimbal should be centered.
I'll bring this to the attention of our support team as well and help you escalate it again.
2017-1-25
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi Natalia, thanks for seeing and helping, much appreciated, the loose battery compartment is really not acceptable, I have not had that with my P4 or last p4p they were nice and snug as they should be, I have sent an email to kevin and he has arranged a UPS RMA and will be sending back tomorrow, the new case number is CAS-425358-H8N2Y4
I really do hope a new p4p is sent back to me, if it was much older then fair enough but I had not had it long and only done a handful of flights with the p4p
2017-1-25
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
United Kingdom

The email I got back from DJI was stated that my original p4p with the same serial was returning back to me, but a different one arrived, all this crap about the gimbal getting knocked about in transit is utter nonsense, it had a gimbal protector installed and can't physically move, how can the gimbal move in transit?????
Someone had sent this drone in because it had an offset gimbal and a faulty battery housing, and that same drone was then sent as a replacement to me with DJI not even looking at it!! So obvious it's unbelievable
2017-1-25
Use props
kabookis
lvl.1

United States

It's cold comfort, Snowwolfwarrior, but your post has saved me a lot of potential trouble. I was just moments away from purchasing DJI Care, but I can see that could have very well been a waste of money, given DJI's poor handling of your and watuse's problems. There will be no purchase of DJI Care, and I have resigned myself to writing off the cost of my Phantom in the event of a terminal crash.
I sincerely hope someone at DJI will recognize how much goodwill this kind of mismanagement costs their company and takes steps to remedy your situation immediately.
2017-1-25
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

kabookis Posted at 2017-1-25 13:42
It's cold comfort, Snowwolfwarrior, but your post has saved me a lot of potential trouble. I was just moments away from purchasing DJI Care, but I can see that could have very well been a waste of money, given DJI's poor handling of your and watuse's problems. There will be no purchase of DJI Care, and I have resigned myself to writing off the cost of my Phantom in the event of a terminal crash.
I sincerely hope someone at DJI will recognize how much goodwill this kind of mismanagement costs their company and takes steps to remedy your situation immediately.

Look into the State Farm Insurance. There are a few threads here. It seems to be a great deal.
2017-1-25
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
United Kingdom

kabookis Posted at 2017-1-25 13:42

I will keep you up to date on the progress
2017-1-26
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Update, faulty replaced P4P sent back to DJI and has now arrived at DJI on Tuesday 31st Jan and is now on their system, they sent an email saying they had received my drone with serial number ending in 242 which is the serial number of my original drone!!!!! the one they received from me the other day is a different serial number as it was the faulty second hand drone they replaced my original one with, I dont know whats going on with DJI's costumer service, I can see this not ending well at all
2017-2-2
Use props
freelanderuk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 177720 ft
United Kingdom

Did you pay by credit card, if you did could you not file a complaint and try and get your cash back and then just re-buy another
2017-2-2
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
United Kingdom

It was a Santander bank visa card, wonder if they have the same cover ? I will see what DJI send back to me this time, if it second hand and or faulty again I will go down that route
2017-2-3
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Just an update, I have checked the DJI trace/repair link and the graph is showing that it is under repair, I gave Santander a call yesterday and gave them all the details of my problems I have had the last two months and they are going to make a case of it if DJI do not replace with a new p4p and as it has been in the repair section since last week I guess it will not be replaced with new, I will just need to wait until a replacement arrives, but I am glad I gave Santander a call yesterday, they were very very  helpful .
2017-2-6
Use props
ACW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Snowwolfwarrior Posted at 2017-2-6 09:52
Just an update, I have checked the DJI trace/repair link and the graph is showing that it is under repair, I gave Santander a call yesterday and gave them all the details of my problems I have had the last two months and they are going to make a case of it if DJI do not replace with a new p4p and as it has been in the repair section since last week I guess it will not be replaced with new, I will just need to wait until a replacement arrives, but I am glad I gave Santander a call yesterday, they were very very  helpful .

I ordered my P4P (without screen) on 27 November - expecting it to take weeks to arrive it was shipped immediately and received at my home address on 30 November! I could not believe it took just three days to reach me after all of the issues with the Mavic delivery times!

I unboxed my new P4P when I returned home from work... The charger was hissing, the gimbal was not stable, the cooling fans inside the drone were very loud and the IMU calibration failed every time and prevented even taking off! I received a complete DOA unit!

After 64 emails and several telephone calls from 'thank you' to essays - I finally received my replacement P4P on 30 December - one-month later!

It was a complete nightmare and at times I thought I would never see my drone again - I even threatened legal proceedings and considered calling my lawyer at one point but I gave them the benefit of the doubt.

The replacement was brand new - different serial number and a completely brand new package, even the props. The IMU calibrated perfectly and I've experienced no problems at all. I've flown 14 times since the new year with over 5 hours of flight time and it's a stunning and very impressive drone.

I dealt with just one CS advisor in the latter half of my journey with DJI support and he was great with regular updates and restored my confidence in DJI. Emailing DJI support is the way to go and asking to only deal with one person so you don't pull your hair out endlessly repeating yourself. Keep on to them DAILY asking for updates and be firm (not rude) - tell them to replace with a brand new package as it does seem they are in breach of your statutory consumer rights and they need to know that you know - which is why Santander will be able to get your money back should they fail you again.

Personally, I love DJI products and will remain a loyal customer but will think twice before buying from their on line store again. I don't expect to be sent a broken product after paying a company £1,589 in the good faith and trust that I will receive what I paid for!

Good luck and I hope it turns out as well for you as it finally did for me!

Andy

2017-2-8
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Thanks for you update ACW I do hope they do send a brand new drone back to me as I really think I'm entitled to one,, if it is not then my only option is to,let Santander to  use their legal rights to claw back a refund, if that ends up being the case I will still want to own a DJI drone as I really do think they are great bits of kit once all the niggles are ironed out, I still have a feeling they are going to replace this second drone with another secondhand unit or even the secondhand faulty unit they sent me two weeks ago, if that's the case I'm going for the total refund and then buying from a place like amazon, after sales service from them is faultless
2017-2-8
Use props
fans833db9c9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1099472 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dji does this with most returned for repair items. They do not care.
2017-2-8
Use props
CyFA
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1372369 ft
  • >>>
Cyprus

They did the same with my P3Pro. Sent mine one month old with a few flights, went back and forward for over a month 3 times and ... finally got someone else second hand named "death from above" ...
2017-2-8
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
United Kingdom

To be honest I am not going to put up with it, I have spoken to my banks legal team who I must say we're very concerned about the situation, the bank was willing to start proceedings there and then, I said I would wait and see what is going to be sent back to me from DJI  the last response I had from DJI was on the 03/02/17 saying to wait 2 to 3 working days, perhaps I may hear something tomorrow, I have completely lost interest in this whole P4P facade, I had over 150 great flights with my P4 but the P4P has been a complete nightmare, I find it a real shame these bits of kit are let down so badly by their workforce and infrastructure.
If I don't hear anything by 14th of February which is Valentine's Day I will be getting in touch with my bank again to get the ball rolling, I hate writing things like this but it is you DJI that is pressuring me into the only way ahead for me, I spent nearly £1700 on a bit of kit that has not worked properly, it is really not fair you do this to your customers!
2017-2-9
Use props
DJI_无中生有
DJI R&D Squad

Hong Kong

Snowwolfwarrior, we design can be a small shake when you move the battery up and down, this is a normal phenomenon.
2017-2-9
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Thanks for the input, but none of my four batteries were loose in my original p4p they fitted nice and snug in the compartment, and I want my original p4p repaired and sent back to me, if you are not able to do that I want a full refund or a new drone sent to me.
2017-2-10
Use props
24ctDrone
lvl.2

United States

Snowwolfwarrior Posted at 2017-2-10 02:04
Thanks for the input, but none of my four batteries were loose in my original p4p they fitted nice and snug in the compartment, and I want my original p4p repaired and sent back to me, if you are not able to do that I want a full refund or a new drone sent to me.

I have the same issue with my battery not being snug.  It looks like it was not molded correctly.  @DJI Natalia,  can this be traded in for a new one, if so, how?
2017-2-10
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I have 4 batteries and all were snug in my original p4p and all were very loose in the secondhand p4p they sent me, so it's not the batteries, it was a problem with the p4p they sent me.
2017-2-10
Use props
BenStein
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2066532 ft
United States

Really sorry to hear about your experience, thought I would relate mine for better or worse. I purchased a P4P+ direct from DJI. No matter where I was (including isolated woodlands), it reported strong magnetic interference. The only metal around was the iron in my blood. Both Compass 1 and 2 would say "Check compass module installation direction". Would not calibrate (failed each attempt). Send it in. I had previously purchased DJI Care Refresh.

I got a brand new model back. It looked brand new and had all the packing stickers on it (the warnings near the prop mounts, and the little orange tabbed protector stickers over all the sensors and lens). Different serial number of course. I do not know if having DJI Care Refresh made a difference (ie did I get a new one because of that, or just luck of the draw).

Unfortunately, this one was also defective. Compass 2 is fine, always reads nicely, and it calibrates, BUT Compass 1 always says "Disconnected". It flew fine, but I paid $1700 for a device with redundancy and I should not have to settle for one with only one working compass. So I just sent that one back in also. It just arrived in Carson, CA yesterday.

Will see what happens. But this point, I am sure they have a lot of returns (including my original!) so I may get a used/refurb. Will see.
2017-2-10
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules