Update on my P4P returned, Not happy NOW HAPPY
4081 57 2017-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

BenStein Posted at 2017-2-10 07:47
Really sorry to hear about your experience, thought I would relate mine for better or worse. I purchased a P4P+ direct from DJI. No matter where I was (including isolated woodlands), it reported strong magnetic interference. The only metal around was the iron in my blood. Both Compass 1 and 2 would say "Check compass module installation direction". Would not calibrate (failed each attempt). Send it in. I had previously purchased DJI Care Refresh.

I got a brand new model back. It looked brand new and had all the packing stickers on it (the warnings near the prop mounts, and the little orange tabbed protector stickers over all the sensors and lens). Different serial number of course. I do not know if having DJI Care Refresh made a difference (ie did I get a new one because of that, or just luck of the draw).

We're very sorry to hear your experience, keep us updated of the progress.
2017-2-10
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Dear OP, as stated on DJI website T&C,  DJI  may issue a functioning replacement instead of a new one, and DJI considers this drone functioning properly and does not regard the loose battery chamber affects the performance of the drone.

As for the camera pointing left issue, I'm sorry that you need to send them in. We have a photo of the drone before it's shipped out and it looks normal. So it might be damaged during the transport process.
2017-2-10
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1064780 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Thor, thanks for the input, I can agree to a point, if the drone I sent back was tatty and broken then the replacement could quite easily be a used fixed drone, I personally look after my equipment to the highest standard and to receive one back that obviously had a lot of signs of neglected use, that to me is not acceptable, when the time comes and you bring out a new model and I purchase that model, like I have with previous models, I will want and need to sell my old one and want to sell it as "as new condition"  with its original box and serial number on the packaging, when you send a replacement drone, nothing matches up and questions will be asked by a potential new buyer which makes it harder to sell.
You state in your message that a "loose battery does not effect the performance of the drone"  its like sending a 6 week new car back to the garage you purchased it from because it had a fault and they replace it with a secondhand car with dents all over it, and the garage saying "don't worry the dents will not effect its performance"

And to get the cost of the P4P into perspective I paid double the price for the drone than I did for my car, I am far from rich and had to work hard and save long and hard to be able to buy the drone and so far I have been without my P4P longer than I have owned it.
2017-2-11
Use props
Odan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182913 ft
United States

I  have not needed any repairs on my P4 yet but I have read of this switch happening.  I have also registered my drone with FAA
and have put the Numbers on the outside body of P4.  I think this might make it harder for someone to pull a switch in this drone
without some sort of explanation as to why these numbers are missing.
Don't know if this will make a dif, but it could help.
Does anyone on this thread have your reg # on drone ???   
2017-2-11
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I wonder if someone has my original drone, like you say Odan last 7 digits are 0A20242
What is annoying, when I check the repair status the last section it has been stuck on is the under repair and says please wait 2 to 3 days, that was dated 03/02/17 that was 10 days ago !!!!! And still not have a clue when I will receive something back, like I said in previous post, I will give it till Valentine's Day 14/02/17 if nothing has been heard I am getting back to my bank to start proceedings for a full refund, I spoken to them last week and with all the evidence I gave them they are quite sure I will get the refund. I really don't want to be doing this but it is my only option, which is sad to say DJI
2017-2-13
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I AM A HAPPY MAN :-)
DJI have just sent me an email saying they are sending me a new p4p and adding a new battery for compensation
2017-2-13
Use props
BashP4P+
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Good result happy for you and good of DJI to send a new AC plus battery. All the best.
2017-2-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Snowwolfwarrior Posted at 2017-2-13 02:15
DJI have just sent me an email saying they are sending me a new p4p and adding a new battery for compensation

A free battery? Wow, you hit the jackpot,

Hopefully not one of those rejects that don't light up... ;-)

Hahaha, I jest of course. Just kidding. . .

Congrats, that's fantastic.

RedHotPoker
2017-2-13
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

Maybe it's just me, but it seems DJI could increase or at least save customer satisfaction levels if they would either (when faced with a defective brand new drone),  (1) repair and send back the original drone, or (2)  send a brand new drone.  All this swapping for someone else's drone would just make me mad. How hard can it be to tag a drone when it comes in for repair and link it with a specific customer?
2017-2-13
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Yes, I'm glad it is getting resolved, I await more info from them and will let you know when it has been sent, soooooo looking forward to flying again, it seems like an age since I was able to fly and take photos,  you are right Robert, they should do a tagging system, even if it takes a bit longer, it is always best to keep with your original drone if possible.
2017-2-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Snowwolfwarrior Posted at 2017-2-13 11:01
Yes, I'm glad it is getting resolved, I await more info from them and will let you know when it has been sent, soooooo looking forward to flying again, it seems like an age since I was able to fly and take photos,  you are right Robert, they should do a tagging system, even if it takes a bit longer, it is always best to keep with your original drone if possible.

Good look Snowflowerwarrior and hopefully back in the air soon.
2017-2-13
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I got my valentine present from DJI this morning, the tracking number for my new p4p :-)
2017-2-14
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Nice! Looks like you will be flying soon!
2017-2-14
Use props
PhantomPhil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44731 ft
United Kingdom

Snowwolfwarrior Posted at 2017-2-13 02:15

Thanks for sharing this experience. Its nice to read a story with a happy ending. Wishing you all the best.
2017-2-14
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I will update when it arrives, the email they sent back was showing the serial number of my original P4P that was returned on 5th January, but they are probably using the serial number from original problem, that is my guess.I cant wait to get flying again, been sooo long.
2017-2-14
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Snowwolfwarrior Posted at 2017-2-14 12:17
I will update when it arrives, the email they sent back was showing the serial number of my original P4P that was returned on 5th January, but they are probably using the serial number from original problem, that is my guess.I cant wait to get flying again, been sooo long.

Happy it's worked out for you eventually and you don't  get another dud!
I just can't believe that they are shipping out duds in the first place considering what they cost,
I thought DJI tested them before shipping them out?
2017-2-14
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I am considering buying the refresh insurance as I have lost my confidence since owning the p4p, I had only covered about 8 flights, previously I had a P4 before and had done over 150 flights and was full of confidence flying it, the latter p4p has been a pain with problems, but it is probably down to the faulty unit, I'm hoping the new replacement is going to build my confidence back up, but I do think I will purchase the refresh cover
2017-2-14
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi all, just to recap, new drone arrived fine, booted up and registered all seems ok, not had a fly yet but have set up all the parameters on the Go App may be able to have a fly after work tomorrow eve, hope weather is ok, a big thank you to DJI for sorting out  and giving me a new battery for my inconvenience.
2017-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules