Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Using P4 batteries on both P4 and P4P
1257 16 2017-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The-CROW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 59892 ft
Lebanon

Hi All,
I have a P4 with spare batteries and all firmware is up to date. I just got a P4P and figured I 'd use the P4 batteries with it.
I upgraded the firmware on the P4P and when i inserted my P4 batteries in, it showed the "inconsistent firmware found" notification on all of them so i updated them fine. Now the thing is that when I inserted those batteries back in my P4 it also showed that notification. So i updated again on the P4. Then to test, I reinserted them in the P4P and again, the "inconsistent firmware notification" reappeared!!! Is that how it's supposed to be? Every time i switch aircraft on these batteries i have to update the batteries' firmware? Any solution or workaround?
Thank you kindly in advance.

2017-1-23
Use props
theGrindLab.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

Awww man. That sucks.
2017-1-23
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

This is because the battery firmware embedded in the craft firmware updates fell out of sync between the P4 and the P4P updates. I reported this in this forum sometime ago, and DJI advised that they would alert the engineers.
On the upside, just keep your batteries separate until the next P4 firmware update which will hopefully be released soon.
2017-1-23
Use props
Grizz 1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120066 ft
United States

i think both aircraft need to be on the same firmware if thats possible ?????   edit : i dont think that is possible,  disregard

i know i updated my P4 and P4 P batteries using the dji assistat 2 app and it worked for all 10 batteries, 5 of each
2017-1-23
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Grizz 1 Posted at 2017-1-23 13:30
i think both aircraft need to be on the same firmware if thats possible ?????   edit : i dont think that is possible,  disregard

i know i updated my P4 and P4 P batteries using the dji assistat 2 app and it worked for all 10 batteries, 5 of each

Good to hear, but I'm curious. You have both your P4 and P4P at their most recent firmware levels, and you've cycled through each of your batteries with those respective upgrades. You have 5 hi-capacity and 5 standard-capacity batteries.
So you're saying that the standard-capacity battery which you (presumably) updated while in the P4 can be inserted into the P4P with no' Incompatible firmware' message?
2017-1-23
Use props
The-CROW
lvl.2
Lebanon

Thank you guys for replying!
That's a real bummer as i don't plan on buying more batteries for now cos my spare P4 batteries are still brand new under 10 charges, plus they are all I need for the time being.
If i keep updating the batteries' firmware before each flight on each aircraft, do you think it will cause any problem for the batteries or mishap while flying?
I guess I should wait for DJI to fix this.
Punchbuggy what did you end up doing?
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you kindly.
2017-1-23
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

The-CROW Posted at 2017-1-23 16:24
Thank you guys for replying!
That's a real bummer as i don't plan on buying more batteries for now cos my spare P4 batteries are still brand new under 10 charges, plus they are all I need for the time being.
If i keep updating the batteries' firmware before each flight on each aircraft, do you think it will cause any problem for the batteries or mishap while flying?

Hi Crow. I originally kept two batteries for the P4P (in it's pack), and two batteries for the P4 (in it's pack). My plan wasn't to keep flashing them up or down, but to leave them at a level which suited the respective craft until such time as DJI brought the P4/P4P releases in sync.
But the info from Grizz conflicts with our experience, so I'm interested in getting more detail from him (see earlier).
Regardless, DJI are aware and there may be good news for us with the next P4 FW release.
2017-1-23
Use props
The-CROW
lvl.2
Lebanon

Oh I see... Maybe Grizz is not interchanging the batteries between systems.
2017-1-24
Use props
Grizz 1
lvl.4
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-1-23 16:18
Good to hear, but I'm curious. You have both your P4 and P4P at their most recent firmware levels, and you've cycled through each of your batteries with those respective upgrades. You have 5 hi-capacity and 5 standard-capacity batteries.
So you're saying that the standard-capacity battery which you (presumably) updated while in the P4 can be inserted into the P4P with no' Incompatible firmware' message?

i up graded the firmware on all 10 batteries in the P4P aircraft using the assistant 2
2017-1-24
Use props
Grizz 1
lvl.4
United States

The-CROW Posted at 2017-1-24 01:12
Oh I see... Maybe Grizz is not interchanging the batteries between systems.

that is correct, if you use the batteries with p4p fw update, it would have too be re-updated to use on the P4 aircraft.
2017-1-24
Use props
Grizz 1
lvl.4
United States

i'm sorry for the confusion guys and gals !
2017-1-24
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Grizz 1 Posted at 2017-1-24 10:34
that is correct, if you use the batteries with p4p fw update, it would have too be re-updated to use on the P4 aircraft.

Ah, OK - thanks. I take that to mean that you are seeing the same issue. Regardless, DJI are aware and will sort it.
2017-1-24
Use props
The-CROW
lvl.2
Lebanon

Well I really hope DJI sort this out really soon as it is a major inconvenience! I'm now forced to use one aircraft with my spare batteries or i have to keep applying battery firmware each time I switch aircraft!
2017-1-24
Use props
The-CROW
lvl.2
Lebanon

This is still not fixed!
I'm using the latest firmware on both my P4 and P4P and still have to upgrade batteries firmware (P4 batteries) each time i insert them in my drones.
I was told that DJI were working on a fix couple of months ago. Any update?
Thank you.
2017-3-31
Use props
Uptowndisco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7394987 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I fly both the P4P and a P4 with the same batts ,  the batteries have been updated to suit the P4P on latest firmware
I do get inconsistent notice on the P4 but I have ignored it , never had any problems doing it this way , in fact I was
told by a dji rep to do it this way , no names mentioned though, your drones your choice :-)
2017-4-1
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

The-CROW Posted at 2017-3-31 18:16
This is still not fixed!
I'm using the latest firmware on both my P4 and P4P and still have to upgrade batteries firmware (P4 batteries) each time i insert them in my drones.
I was told that DJI were working on a fix couple of months ago. Any update?

That is because DJI have not yet released an updated firmware for the P4 which incorporates the same battery firmware version as the version in the current P4P firmware. You may note in another thread on the P4 forum, however, that DJI have announced they will release it on or around the end of this week (hopefully).
Stay tuned, Crow.
2017-4-2
Use props
The-CROW
lvl.2
Lebanon

Thanks a lot guys!
2017-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now