DJI - Question for you! Licenses:
1066 10 2017-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JWC P4 P
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8176 ft
South Africa

Apologies to those that have seen this in another thread for some time now.  DJI must be real busy and has missed this:

If I buy the I2 and X5S as two separate items because the combo is not available here yet, can I at a later stage buy the SSD AND the licenses??  My dealer mailed me and from what I read (from his mail) it is NOT possible  as he says he understands that the "potential" to use the 5.2K must be  linked to the X5S before shipping - hence the COMBO offer. ...  How can  that be??  Can DJI please tell me what the real deal is?

Can I please get a clear answer (yes / no) to the question?  Regards.

2017-1-23
Use props
jetforce
lvl.3
Denmark

You can upgrade later.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-77525-1-1.html

See #16
2017-1-23
Use props
BrianDavis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 394528 ft
United States

From everything I've read, you can buy the licenses at a later time and don't need to purchase the combo. This is why DJI sells the licenses separately. Also you can just purchase separately the prores license for $500 or the raw license for $1000 instead of both of them together.  I purchased the combo and my inspire 2 came with the licenses already activated. For those who purchase the licenses separately, you can activate those through the DJI Assist 2 app while your Inspire 2 is connected to your computer. I believe the license is connected to the inspire 2 since that's where the image recording/processing happens and not connected to your X5S camera.

All the best!

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong and left any valuable info out.
2017-1-23
Use props
fans82a02d84
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8049101 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'd like to add to that question.  I have purchased the Inspire 2 Premium Combo. I don't have the SSD's yet and haven't tried to see if the Lic are activated or if I still need to do the activation process.  My main question is if I purchase a second aircraft (Inspire 2 back-up) do I have to purchase another set of licenses?  I hope that is NOT the case.  Please respond DJI.  Thanks
2017-1-23
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 463012 ft
China

fans82a02d84 Posted at 2017-1-23 15:07
I'd like to add to that question.  I have purchased the Inspire 2 Premium Combo. I don't have the SSD's yet and haven't tried to see if the Lic are activated or if I still need to do the activation process.  My main question is if I purchase a second aircraft (Inspire 2 back-up) do I have to purchase another set of licenses?  I hope that is NOT the case.  Please respond DJI.  Thanks

If you read the data on the web site the licence is associated with the processing so seeing as this is processed in the I2 then you will need to buy licences for each and every I2 you buy...
2017-1-23
Use props
JWC P4 P
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8176 ft
South Africa

jetforce Posted at 2017-1-23 12:13
You can upgrade later.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-77525-1-1.html

Thanks!  Makes sense but still a lot of confusion....   Many quote contradictory emails.  Regards!
2017-1-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Jet force hit the nail on the head.
2017-1-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fans82a02d84 Posted at 2017-1-23 15:07

Dr Jon is correct that you will need to purchase a license for every Inspire 2 you have.
2017-1-23
Use props
fans82a02d84
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8049101 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-23 22:59
Dr Jon is correct that you will need to purchase a license for every Inspire 2 you have.

Ugh! So much for a backup.
2017-1-27
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 463012 ft
United Kingdom

can i add me 5 cents here... Buy a new camera that has ProRes processing do you ask for a discount because you have a camera that already shoots  ProRes? If you did ask what was the answer? I can guess....

So in defence of DJI the licence is with APPLE for ProRes. Okay if your going to promise to sell 1 million the price gets better but DJI I2 are never going to sell this number....

So i asked APPLE how much for 10,000 guess how much they said ... Yes you guessed right go look at DJI web site minus 20%
Hey dont get me wrong i hate paying so much for a licence ... but I2 is aimed at PRO market... us humble guys who just make a pathetic living out of filming short videos the answer is make the tax man pay....

2017-1-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Dr Jon Posted at 2017-1-27 06:16
can i add me 5 cents here... Buy a new camera that has ProRes processing do you ask for a discount because you have a camera that already shoots  ProRes? If you did ask what was the answer? I can guess....

So in defence of DJI the licence is with APPLE for ProRes. Okay if your going to promise to sell 1 million the price gets better but DJI I2 are never going to sell this number....

For multi orders like that, you might be able to work with Online Sales in the Discount side of the Store. If it's for work purposes, you might be able to try getting a discount from the Enterprise portion. It would be worth a try.
2017-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules