24647 131 2017-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
x1War Monger1x
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1880 ft
United States

superjet96 Posted at 2017-2-7 07:34
Ex Machina, x1War Monger1x and anyone else in the Burke or Lorton area where are you flying now?  I need a good but LEGAL place to fly this weekend for my first flights.
I just got my Mavic yesterday.  I have read the manual twice VERY slowly and drinking it in.  Tonight I will play with the simulator and maybe go out and see if I can fly at home (doubtful).  Even if I can my house has tons of trees around it and is no place to learn.
This weekend I want to get out and give it a go.  Let me know if anyone wants to meet up anywhere and fly/give me some pointers.  Any recommendations on where to go would be great.  Occoquan park is about 10-15 minutes from me.

so are you going out this Saturday to Occoquan? I am thinking about going out there. up at the top they have a couple of baseball fields and a fairly large open area that nobody is out in. I am probably going to try for sunday because the weather is supposed to be cooperative and in the upper 60's to 70 degrees.
2017-2-10
Use props
superjet96
lvl.3
Flight distance : 142743 ft
United States

Sunday might be tough for me but can try.  I sent you a PM.
2017-2-10
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

That Bex Posted at 2017-2-9 01:46
Tried to edit a post & got deleted - trying again.

This issue has come up in a couple other threads and after some trial & error to test a theory, here is what appears to be the issue: some or all Mavics were shipped with firmware that has erroneously-extended the 15 nautical mile Flight Restriction Zone (FRZ) around Washington DC to the full extent of the GREEN "Enhanced Warning Zone" as shown on the DJI "flysafe" maps. This means no amount of controller unlocking or Advance Unlocking on the DJI site will unlock this area and if you are trying to fly a Mavic, you will get the No Fly Zone notification if you are ANYWHERE in the Green or Yellow (and obviously red, but correctly-so) zones outside of the FRZ.

Looks like there is a new Android update that incorporates a new NFZ database -- maybe this will help?
http://forum.dji.com/thread-84471-1-1.html
2017-2-10
Use props
That Bex
lvl.1
Flight distance : 768 ft
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-2-10 10:19
Looks like there is a new Android update that incorporates a new NFZ database -- maybe this will help?
http://forum.dji.com/thread-84471-1-1.html

OOOOH - that looks promising! Thanks for the heads-up.

Did you get a chance to try out the manual un-lock they gave you? I assume you use iOS?

70 degrees on Sunday...would be nice to get some air time!
2017-2-10
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

That Bex Posted at 2017-2-10 17:25
OOOOH - that looks promising! Thanks for the heads-up.

Did you get a chance to try out the manual un-lock they gave you? I assume you use iOS?

Yeah I'm on iOS -- I'm going to give it a shot tomorrow -- fingers crossed!
2017-2-10
Use props
That Bex
lvl.1
Flight distance : 768 ft
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-2-10 17:36
Yeah I'm on iOS -- I'm going to give it a shot tomorrow -- fingers crossed!

Good luck!
2017-2-10
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

Unlocking worked for me today after some initial stumbling -- woot! See the details in http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 9967&fromuid=494753
2017-2-11
Use props
kilobravo
lvl.1
United States

DJI: The latest update to the Mavic and NFZ's now prevents me from flying anywhere NEAR my home. I am retired but flew air carrier aircraft for 25 years so I understand airspace rules. However, my home is outside the red NFZ for Waldron NOLF (see image below.) I also tried three other locations in my area (numbered 2-4) and only at #4 was I able to takeoff.

Does your NFZ map need updating or am I missing something?

http://backtaxi.com/temp/dji-nfz-map-corpus.png

VERY frustrated...

kilobravo
2017-6-16
Use props
Tannoy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18071 ft
France

Hello,

I am a professional French pilot.
I have all the necessary authorizations to practice my profession.
Overnight, DJI decides to remove the flight authorizations without distinguishing between professionals and amateurs.
Dji could ask the account of each user, the documents proving that we are in conformity with the rules of our countries, and this, definitively.
We have the right to fly in all no-fly zones after obtaining the agreement of our administrations.
Dji places himself above the sovereignty of each country by proceeding in this way.
As a client, I find this inadmissible.
2017-7-26
Use props
kitefiter
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13 ft
United States

Does anyone know if programmed flight apps like Drone Deploy, Pix4D Capture, Map Pilot, Litchi, etc. work with Pre-Authorized Unlock zones?  I just failed to complete an aerial mission. I was in a yellow zone so I called the airport, got clearance, and did the unlock thing on DJI Go when onsite.  None of the above apps would work. the forums from two of the apps stated that programmed flight is not possible in locked zones even when unlocked.   I need to take 900 photos so a manual work around is not really feasible.
2018-1-20
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-24 07:00
OK thanks. You can see that Red line is very close to you. That is the reason why you cannot take off.
If you go a little further away you should be able to take off but altitude gradually  gets less restrictive the further you get from the edge of the NFZ.You can email FlySafe@DJI.com to see about getting permission to fly at your house and possibly block out a chunk of the NFZ.

I have a similar situation. (not 3 layers deep tho!)
I did what Ken said (contact flysafe@dji.com) and I have a "special" unlock called "home" that I get unlocked every 3 months via email... you will have to give them your controller SN and also your home coordinates to have the custom unlock setup. I got the geo coordinates from Google maps if that helps.
2018-1-28
Use props
Bomberuk1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16759 ft
Canada

i had the same problem until i went here https://nolimitdronez.com/ now my mavic flys like it should.
2018-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules