Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Questions about the P2 Vision +
1804 10 2014-10-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
reddfactory
New

United States

Hi all. I have been thinking about purchasing a P2 Vision + but I keep hearing about these fly aways. Is this just a case of pilots not calibrating their compass or this something that I should have real concerns over?

My other question is if it is possible to upgrade a vision + to use a better FPV solution?

Thanks
2014-10-5
Use props
johnwarr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

I would not say you need to be overly concerned, but you should be familiar with the take-off procedure and how to confirm Home Lock before flying.
The V+ is sold as a fully integrated system, if you want to play with it and change things then you may be better off with a normal P2 and add the parts you need from scratch.
2014-10-6
Use props
xzgraham
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7 ft
United Kingdom

+1 on Better off with P2  and add your own fpv set up  give's you loads of options  and at least your gps signal wont drop out when you are recording video at hi def settings.
The P2V+ is a great platform just needs a few things ironed out by Dji.
2014-10-6
Use props
manof
New

Israel

Hi,
I received the Phantom 2 Vision+ after one year with the Phantom 1, just fantastic results!!
I saw in Vimeo that someone did RAW footage with P2 Vision+, is this
really possible?
Thanks for any advice
Samuel
2014-10-6
Use props
johnwarr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

No, but please share the link anyway.
2014-10-6
Use props
takreem
New

United Kingdom

I think most of the time its human error in case of fly away !!
Do your checks and hopefully you will be fine
2014-10-10
Use props
DJI-Sophie
lvl.2

China

We are trying to make the Phantom 2 vision + better, thanks for you guys' support. And we welcome your feedback.
2014-10-10
Use props
skymaker6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 49009 ft
United States

The one thing I will say about the P2V+, is that they have put  lot of work into it. I have been using my P2V+ for about a month, and then one day it was about 445 feet away and maybe 97 feet up, then the next thing I knew it was coming back home, It did what it should have, and I like that. Then I  took off one more time and it did the same thing. I was thinking maybe I set something wrong in the software, but I did not. It was the battery in my controller that was low, so I would say I lucked out,. Now I change may battery about every two weeks, depends on how much flying I have done. It there something that tell you when you controller batteries are low?.

For me the P2V+, is the best way to go for someone new, take your time, watch all of the videos you can find for new people, and you will be very happy you did. I have learned so much from all of the other people and DJI website. Thank you all for the help.
2014-10-11
Use props
reddfactory
New

United States

skymaker6@gmail Posted at 2014-10-12 09:08
The one thing I will say about the P2V+, is that they have put  lot of work into it. I have been usi ...

Thank you for sharing your experiences. I have watched hundreds of videos, read countless blogs and even registered in this  forum before finally deciding to go with a P2 & Gimbal with the new GoPro. It's a little more but I figure the GoPro's 4K ability is worth it and I can add FPV later.

I'm hoping that if I buy directly from DJI I will get one of newer model H3-3D Gimbals as I have read that the older versions won't support the GoPro 4.
2014-10-14
Use props
dhoomkethu
Banned

India

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-6-23
Use props
ilijaveselica
lvl.1
Croatia

Just follow the takeoff instructions EVERY time and you should be good