phantom 2 Vision plus, help?
1254 6 2017-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hazah21kno
lvl.1
Flight distance : 281480 ft
Ireland

Hi, I've had a few small quadrocopters before, and my ultimate dream has always been to own a dji top quality drone. However this was never achievable as price and the like were unnachievable for my unworking mess, but then this opportunity arose; my friend found drone in a tree, looked for the owner who he couldnt identify. So he offered it to me, and I'm buying it for $50, honestly I'm so hyped. So at this stage I've identified it as a Phantom 2 vision+, and was just wondering a few things. Is there anyone who has/had this drone, and what do i need to get for it, to set up and start off. Thanks for any help, counting my blessings,
                                                                                                                                                            Harry Knoblauch
2017-1-23
Use props
Hazah21kno
lvl.1
Ireland

Phantom 2 vision plus help

Hi, I've had a few small quadrocopters before, and my ultimate dream has always been to own a dji top quality drone. However this was never achievable as price and the like were unnachievable for my unworking mess, but then this opportunity arose; my friend found drone in a tree, looked for the owner who he couldnt identify. So he offered it to me, and I'm buying it for $50, honestly I'm so hyped. So at this stage I've identified it as a Phantom 2 vision+, and was just wondering a few things. Is there anyone who has/had this drone, and what do i need to get for it, to set up and start off. Thanks for any help, counting my blessings,

2017-1-23
Use props
Ob1415
lvl.2

United States

There's alot of folks that have these drones.  I would recommend checking out Phantompilots.com.  There's a guy named "Hunch" there who runs a repair shop and has a lot of parts for your bird.
2017-1-23
Use props
Ob1415
lvl.2

United States

There's a guy on this forum that goes by "hunch", who runs a repair shop.  He has a lot of Phantom 2 Vision + parts.
2017-1-23
Use props
Gil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

At the absolute minimum you're going to need a remote control, a smart device (phone or tablet) and a charger for the battery.  Should have no problem finding them on ebay.  However, before I'd spend a nickle I'd want to get some kind of confirmation that the silly thing actually works.  I mean really, it was found in a tree after all!  See if you can find anybody in your area that already has a Phantom 2V+ (look for local hobby or RC clubs), they can attempt to bind the Phantom and camera to their remote and see if it is even worth the effort.  

Good luck!
2017-1-23
Use props
Hazah21kno
lvl.1
Ireland

Gil Posted at 2017-1-23 13:37
At the absolute minimum you're going to need a remote control, a smart device (phone or tablet) and a charger for the battery.  Should have no problem finding them on ebay.  However, before I'd spend a nickle I'd want to get some kind of confirmation that the silly thing actually works.  I mean really, it was found in a tree after all!  See if you can find anybody in your area that already has a Phantom 2V+ (look for local hobby or RC clubs), they can attempt to bind the Phantom and camera to their remote and see if it is even worth the effort.  

Good luck!

Thanks for that. The light goes on when battery is pressed, and camera on gimbal moved when turned on so I'm pretty sure it is. But I'll check thanks
2017-1-23
Use props
Hazah21kno
lvl.1
Ireland

Ob1415 Posted at 2017-1-23 12:59
There's alot of folks that have these drones.  I would recommend checking out Phantompilots.com.  There's a guy named "Hunch" there who runs a repair shop and has a lot of parts for your bird.

Thanks v much I'll check it out,
2017-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules