Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Lost GPS
1854 36 2017-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb8882a86
lvl.1
Flight distance : 403130 ft
United States

can flying near another drone cause inference with my gps signal. I was flying for around 10 minutes with no issues until my nieghbor decided to fly his Phantom, as soon as he started flying my gps signal went away and I had to hurry and land my Mavic, because with out gps it was unstable.
2017-1-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

No it shouldn't, be interesting to know if your neighbor lost gps also..
2017-1-23
Use props
fansb8882a86
lvl.1
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-1-23 12:54
No it shouldn't, be interesting to know if your neighbor lost gps also..

I need to find that out, I'm going to say no because he continued to fly and his drone looked stable. I didn't ask him but I'm going to. When I lost GPS my Mavic was all over the place until it locked back in right before I landed.
2017-1-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fansb8882a86 Posted at 2017-1-23 13:08
I need to find that out, I'm going to say no because he continued to fly and his drone looked stable. I didn't ask him but I'm going to. When I lost GPS my Mavic was all over the place until it locked back in right before I landed.

It obviously went into Atti mode once you have it in sight you should be able to control it, if this happens if you raise your aircraft altitude you should be able to regain gps. Good luck..
2017-1-23
Use props
fansb8882a86
lvl.1
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-1-23 13:19
It obviously went into Atti mode once you have it in sight you should be able to control it, if this happens if you raise your aircraft altitude you should be able to regain gps. Good luck..

I did have it in sight when I first lost GPS, I tried to go up but the drone went to the right in a half circle instead, then I got Gps back and was able to controll it before it went out again. I was able to land but it wasnt easy as without gps it was not as easy to control.
2017-1-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

The only interference that could happen is video signal if you are standing too close to him.
But if he was not close to you and you lost GPOS, I think it was just a coincidence that it happened when the two aircraft were up at the same time.
2017-1-23
Use props
jbkahandrone
New

United States

Trying to post to an existing close issue as the system doesn't allow me to post something new.  Please help

I received back my Mavic Pro as the camera wasn't working under warrentee. On my first flight the drone took off and I lost control.  I tried to hit the home butten but it crashed somewhere on a mountain side but I couldn't understand the red dot and the arrow on the app and how to locate it. I could see the camera was still on so it was broadcasting although battery I am sure is dead now.

1) How can I locate it? Is there some sort of GPS ordinance in the app (IOS)
2) How can the app locate myself. As best as I can tell the dot was the aircraft and the arrow was the original home location but there was no reference point to where I was so I couldn't walk to it.
3) I thought DJI care and/or the warrantee given the issue was the aircraft lost sensor with me would cover this but hearing may not be the case. please advise.

Please help. John
2017-1-23
Use props
fansb8882a86
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-23 13:26
The only interference that could happen is video signal if you are standing too close to him.
But if he was not close to you and you lost GPOS, I think it was just a coincidence that it happened when the two aircraft were up at the same time.

When I had Gps and the Mavic went into atti why would it not respond to my controls at first, I went to go up and the Mavic made a quick half circle to the right.
2017-1-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

jbkahandrone Posted at 2017-1-23 13:29
Trying to post to an existing close issue as the system doesn't allow me to post something new.  Please help

I received back my Mavic Pro as the camera wasn't working under warrentee. On my first flight the drone took off and I lost control.  I tried to hit the home butten but it crashed somewhere on a mountain side but I couldn't understand the red dot and the arrow on the app and how to locate it. I could see the camera was still on so it was broadcasting although battery I am sure is dead now.

Sorry to hear of your crash.

You probably can't post a thread because of your points.

Regarding finding your aircraft there is no way of tracking it , when you mention the dot that should be the home point where you took off, what you should have been looking for was the arrow that is the aircraft.
You can if you have logs of flight play them back and they will show you where your aircraft went down but no coordinate's .
You also should sync your flight logs to dji cloud.
3rd thing you can do is upload your logs to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/ and post them here there are a couple of guys here that might be able to help.
Good luck..
2017-1-23
Use props
jbkahandrone
New

United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-1-23 13:58
Sorry to hear of your crash.

You probably can't post a thread because of your points.

Thanks. I go to the map today and still see the arrow where the aircraft likely was last known coordinates.  How can I find the exact lat long and height? are you saying it doesn't record this in the logs?  Is there a way to inspect the logs to find it?

also I have the last picture taken from where it landed. It should have some sort of GPS coordinates.  No?  
2017-1-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

jbkahandrone Posted at 2017-1-23 15:17
Thanks. I go to the map today and still see the arrow where the aircraft likely was last known coordinates.  How can I find the exact lat long and height? are you saying it doesn't record this in the logs?  Is there a way to inspect the logs to find it?

also I have the last picture taken from where it landed. It should have some sort of GPS coordinates.  No?

I'm afraid there are no coordinates in the logs,  I'm not to sure about the last photograph but I don't think so,
Can you see from playing back the logs how far away the aircraft was when it crashed. Maybe you could use last photograph to figure out its location.
I know many have asked for proper coordinates to be available on dji app but nothing as of yet , some put trackers on there aircraft for this kind of situation.
Whether dji can locate from your logs I'm not to sure.
You could ask a moderator here on the forum they might be able to help.
2017-1-23
Use props
fansb8882a86
lvl.1
United States

What usually causes gps loss, and is it common.  
2017-1-23
Use props
xujiayi1256
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-23 13:26

There has been several posts with GPS issue lately and mine also lost GPS in a recent flight. Crashed somewhere in the neighborhood and luckily got it back the second day. Can't think of any reason it will lost GPS up there in the air. Any thoughts on that?
2017-1-23
Use props
jbkahandrone
New

United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-1-23 15:27
I'm afraid there are no coordinates in the logs,  I'm not to sure about the last photograph but I don't think so,
Can you see from playing back the logs how far away the aircraft was when it crashed. Maybe you could use last photograph to figure out its location.
I know many have asked for proper coordinates to be available on dji app but nothing as of yet , some put trackers on there aircraft for this kind of situation.

Thanks. I uploaded my latest data to Healthy Drones. Unfortunately it only has data to 12/26. I had the incident yesterday 1/23/2017. I double checked my approach using HD Synch from IPhone and synched what I thought was latest data but no luck.

How do I ask a moderator for help finding the coordinates of my drone?
2017-1-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fansb8882a86 Posted at 2017-1-23 13:42
When I had Gps and the Mavic went into atti why would it not respond to my controls at first, I went to go up and the Mavic made a quick half circle to the right.

I do not know, possibly the wind.
2017-1-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

xujiayi1256 Posted at 2017-1-23 18:03
There has been several posts with GPS issue lately and mine also lost GPS in a recent flight. Crashed somewhere in the neighborhood and luckily got it back the second day. Can't think of any reason it will lost GPS up there in the air. Any thoughts on that?

Without you sending in the aircraft in or supplying your flight records through the Assistant2 and the flight data analysis dept looks at it, it's hard to tell.
2017-1-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

jbkahandrone Posted at 2017-1-23 13:29

Sorry for your crash, PM me your email and I will get the last GPS coordinates and you can put that into Google and locate it.
Also, contact support and have your flight records from the GO app reviewed by the flight data analysis department to see if they see anything out of the ordinary.
2017-1-23
Use props
xujiayi1256
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-23 21:24
Without you sending in the aircraft in or supplying your flight records through the Assistant2 and the flight data analysis dept looks at it, it's hard to tell.

Already contacted support and got it resolved. Thanks for the reply and customer support has been great!
2017-1-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

jbkahandrone Posted at 2017-1-23 20:21
Thanks. I uploaded my latest data to Healthy Drones. Unfortunately it only has data to 12/26. I had the incident yesterday 1/23/2017. I double checked my approach using HD Synch from IPhone and synched what I thought was latest data but no luck.

Ok so I see support has come to you, let us know the outcome. Good luck
2017-1-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

xujiayi1256 Posted at 2017-1-23 23:01
Already contacted support and got it resolved. Thanks for the reply and customer support has been great!

OK, great. Glad it's being taken care of.
2017-1-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

jbkahandrone Posted at 2017-1-23 20:21

Just remember Healthy Drones does not provide reliable information as they cannot properly decode the flight data so only DJI is able to read the encrypted data correctly.
2017-1-24
Use props
adamflath
lvl.1
Flight distance : 604 ft
United States

That is really weird... same thing happened to me this weekend. After i lost GPS, i quickly got it home (it was very windy out so it was hard trying to get it back). I packed up after that and I walked 25 feet and realized there was another person flying his mavic!   So now that you mention this, I am curious as well.  The other major factor that could have caused the GPS loss of signal was that it was pretty foggy out with a ceiling of probably less than 1,500 feet. This can also contribute to loss GPS signal.  
2017-1-24
Use props
xujiayi1256
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-24 06:48
Just remember Healthy Drones does not provide reliable information as they cannot properly decode the flight data so only DJI is able to read the encrypted data correctly.

But Healthy Drones has provided me the last location data far more than DJI GO 4 provided in a fly away. I wouldn't find my drone if I only look at the the last location on DJI GO 4 where is FAR from the location the drone landed.
2017-1-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

xujiayi1256 Posted at 2017-1-24 14:35
But Healthy Drones has provided me the last location data far more than DJI GO 4 provided in a fly away. I wouldn't find my drone if I only look at the the last location on DJI GO 4 where is FAR from the location the drone landed.

From the Flight Records tab and in one of your flights you can download the GPS coordinates and connect the device to your computer and open the CSV file.
From a flight, tap the far right icon on the bottom, then Export CSV on the top right.
2017-1-24
Use props
xujiayi1256
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-24 15:41
From the Flight Records tab and in one of your flights you can download the GPS coordinates and connect the device to your computer and open the CSV file.
From a flight, tap the far right icon on the bottom, then Export CSV on the top right.

Still, that's the last point in DJI GO 4. Healthy Drones give me more points that is close to the the crash area. Don't know why.
2017-1-24
Use props
xujiayi1256
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-24 15:41

Healthy Drones link: http://healthydrones.com/main?share=HlHSoq
CSV file: https://docs.google.com/spreadsh ... nM/edit?usp=sharing
2017-1-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

xujiayi1256 Posted at 2017-1-24 16:58
Healthy Drones link: http://healthydrones.com/main?share=HlHSoq
CSV file: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15zbi2h6o4UOOCqEeHsyU23QranarSxcAHtb8wKibpnM/edit?usp=sharing

Did you find the aircraft?
2017-1-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Looks like you got plenty of warnings and simply did nothing to resolve, just kept flying straight out there,
You had so many data loss warnings, and other warnings which I can't make out as they are in Chinese, but I suspect they are signal warning , so making it difficult to initiate RTH, just wondering what it was like when you found it, did it land or did it crash.

Using this link will give you a lot more info.

ht/tp://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2017-1-25
Use props
fansb8882a86
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-23 21:23
I do not know, possibly the wind.

Had 3 mph winds and was unable to control the Mavic when I lost gps, why couldn't I control it When it went into atti mode. I went up and left but the drone went right into a half circle then I got gps back and landed.   
2017-1-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fansb8882a86 Posted at 2017-1-25 08:12
Had 3 mph winds and was unable to control the Mavic when I lost gps, why couldn't I control it When it went into atti mode. I went up and left but the drone went right into a half circle then I got gps back and landed.

Circling could be compass interference what kind of area where you flying in,
2017-1-25
Use props
fansb8882a86
lvl.1
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-1-25 08:48
Circling could be compass interference what kind of area where you flying in,

I was flying outside my house, a residential area.
2017-1-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fansb8882a86 Posted at 2017-1-25 08:58
I was flying outside my house, a residential area.

Well may not be the best area to fly if you are surrounded by concrete or metal steel fabrication, it may have an adverse effect on your compass.

Your aircraft circling can mean either compass interference or bad compass calibration
2017-1-25
Use props
Dronoob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 126079 ft
Germany

A simple way to get the last coordinates of your flight just using your phone and pen & paper if you cannot remember two 8-digit numbers:
  • Open the DJI Go 4 app on your phone
  • On the start page tap on the compass icon in the lower left corner above the string "disconnected"
  • At the bottom you will see some details of your last flight. Tap this and a list of flights opens.
  • Tap the top entry in that list and a map will open.
  • Press the play button at the bottom and wait until the flight is over (you can grap the slider to speed this up).
  • At the end of the flight, look at the numbers above the slider. These are the coordinates at the last position of you aircraft while is was connected to the controller.

• Write the coordinates down.
  • Go to the Google maps app and search for thos coordinates. The right syntax with dots and commas is this: 41.088,12.345
  • Google maps will show you a marker on a map for the search result and another marker for you current position.
  • The rest should be self-explanatory :-)

2017-1-25
Use props
xujiayi1256
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-25 06:48
Did you find the aircraft?

Yes, I found it.
2017-1-25
Use props
xujiayi1256
lvl.1

United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-1-25 07:59
Looks like you got plenty of warnings and simply did nothing to resolve, just kept flying straight out there,
You had so many data loss warnings, and other warnings which I can't make out as they are in Chinese, but I suspect they are signal warning , so making it difficult to initiate RTH, just wondering what it was like when you found it, did it land or did it crash.

Yes, the warnings seem minor compare to the aircraft loses GPS suddenly and changed to Atti mode up in the air. Then it flew away. The warnings before that is just saying remote signal is weak, where I can still control the aircraft. But once it loses GPS and changed to Atti, RTH will not work and it drifted by the wind. What I'm saying earlier is that if you look at the map from Healthy Drones, they provides more flight path which is closer to the landing point. But in the app the last location is far away from the landing point, makes it hard to find the drone in the first place.
2017-1-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

OK, glad you found it.
2017-1-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Dronoob Posted at 2017-1-25 10:10
A simple way to get the last coordinates of your flight just using your phone and pen & paper if you cannot remember two 8-digit numbers:
  • Open the DJI Go 4 app on your phone

• Invaluable post Dronoob , thanks for your very clear post. Good luck.
    2017-1-25
    Use props
    Advanced
    You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules