I Have the new Phanton 4 Pro + (plus) HELP PLEASE
750 10 2017-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sirrod
New

United States

I have spent hours ACTUALLY Days trying to set up th controler For this Phantom,

BUT IT WILL NOT CONNECT TO MY WI-FI

Keeps saying I do not have an account. My laptop connects,
my call phone connects, but not this controler.

Since I can't get past the wi-fi part of the set up I can't fly.
If I can't fly why did I buy this thing.

If I can't get it to work is this covered under the warantee. If so where do I send it?

Has anyone had a similar problem.

2017-1-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Which version of the Go app are you using?

RedHotPoker
2017-1-23
Use props
BashP4P+
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Are you seeing any other wifi that you can connect to? Eg a neighbours or any other hotspot? Are you able to create a wife access point on your phone temporarily just to connect to your RC..?

I have a P4P+ and i had same problem. I could not connect or see my wifi. I used my neighbours wifi. Set up account, upgraded RC and from then on i could connect to my wifi and use my RC and connect my AC
2017-1-23
Use props
sirrod
New

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-1-23 19:16
Which version of the Go app are you using?

Red Hot Poker...
I am new to this
Don't know what a Go app is.
2017-1-24
Use props
sirrod
New

United States

BashP4P+ Posted at 2017-1-23 22:29
Are you seeing any other wifi that you can connect to? Eg a neighbours or any other hotspot? Are you able to create a wife access point on your phone temporarily just to connect to your RC..?

I have a P4P+ and i had same problem. I could not connect or see my wifi. I used my neighbours wifi. Set up account, upgraded RC and from then on i could connect to my wifi and use my RC and connect my AC

I would But I am new to this area and don't  know the neighbor. I really would not feel comfortable asking them to for their user name and password.
2017-1-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sirrod, would you please try to use your phone hotspot? or maybe you can change your WiFi name and password for your home router.
2017-1-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

sirrod Posted at 2017-1-24 03:14
I would But I am new to this area and don't  know the neighbor. I really would not feel comfortable asking them to for their user name and password.

Most popular restaurants have free wifi networks. So no need to be neighbourly... Haha

RedHotPoker
2017-1-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

sirrod Posted at 2017-1-24 03:09
Red Hot Poker...
I am new to this
Don't know what a Go app is.

The app is what runs on the device. It will give you all the parameter controls and adjustments.
http://www.dji.com/goapp

RedHotPoker
2017-1-24
Use props
Langstonius
lvl.3
Flight distance : 218087 ft
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-1-24 03:35
The app is what runs on the device. It will give you all the parameter controls and adjustments.
http://www.dji.com/goapp

When you click on the wifi access point, what happens?

im assuming you are doing something like this?

*Have you checked your wifi router to see if its preventing a connection (low probability)
*I would recommend hitting a starbucks or somewhere with open wifi (as others mentioned) to try and test if it will connect. Very odd. How is your wifi setup? 2.4ghz? 5ghz? Shouldnt matter but at a minimum let us know so maybe DJI can pass this along to engineering dept.

2017-1-24
Use props
kmbit
lvl.1

United States

Langstonius Posted at 2017-1-24 07:17
When you click on the wifi access point, what happens?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtJOIpvZtyw&feature=youtu.be&a

i did run into the same issue - I setup a guest network with no password and no security on my router and connected to perform the upgrade - then deleted the guest network after being able to connect to my primary network.    If seems that the shipped FW had some issues with wifi but the update seems to have fixed that issue.  
2017-1-24
Use props
ROBERTO SMERA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 42619744 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Did you turn the Drone on to create your account through the controller app? I had the same problem and solved it when I turned the controller and the drone on before I tried to loging in on my account. Never worked when the controled alone was turned on. Best of luck.
2017-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules