Mavic Short distance
1606 14 2017-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans3d582e1d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24839 ft
Australia

Hoping someone higher up in DJI see's this and can get some action for me. Support has been pathetic.

From the start:

I was flying my drone around and had it about 2-3m in front of me and a few meters up. All of a sudden with no warnings the drone initiated its return to home. Unfortunately for me right above it was a large Gum Tree. The drone bounced around and finally came down to the ground, after I broke its fall haha. I replaced the four props and dusted the dirt off it. Its sure hard to kill as I was able to complete a test flight successfully. I started reading around the DJI forums of other users having their Mavic lose connection when it was VERY near to them. I emailed DJI asking what the go is and should I be worried and do I have a defective drone.

DJI asked me to send it back for a Navigation System Analysis. I synchronized the flight logs and shipped it back. After waiting some time it got there was assessed as having no problems, was test flown and would be sent back at no charge. I was happy at this point. That ends CAS-383880-M7B3X6

It arrived back at my house. It should be noted that it was not packed correctly as the Gimbal Clamp was not attached leaving the camera to bounce around in transit. I updated the Mavic to the latest firmware and put it away till the weekend when I was planning on using it next. The weekend came around and I had planned some great shots. Turned the drone on and immediately got a message saying I was using the wrong App and should be using the DJI GO 4 app. promptly downloaded that and connected to the drone. First off I received a battery error for about 5 seconds but that went away and I brushed it off as a passing error. To be safe I changed the battery with another one. The drone took off, I did the usual hover tests, and short bursts in each direction to make sure it was working ok. Then I send it out over the water. It would have been about 30-40m out before I lost video connection but the drone still responded to the controls. Noticing this I stopped, ascended and brought it back.

The final straw was the second attempt. Instead of heading out over the water I flew it straight up. At approx. 42m the drone lost all connection and initiated Return to Home. I recovered the drone and made the decision to stop and contact Support.

Here is a photo that I managed to take with a friends phone of the drone powered on with the remote sitting next to it. This was taken about a minute after it landed. Important to note that the site I was flying the drone was a Water storage dam so there was no chance of any interference.

The remote screen says NO RC SIGNL

Approx. 48 hours ago I sent in my email to DJI Support letting them know the problems and formally requesting that the drone be replaced. All I have received is five emails with no text other than

"Dear Valued Customer,

Due to the Chinese New Year, email service from DJI’s China Support Centre will be temporarily suspended from January 26th to January 31st.

We are sorry that our responses will be delayed due to the holiday. If you have any urgent issues, please contact our other regional offices directly by phone, email, or live chat:"

I spend half an hour on the phone prior to typing this to a lady named Melody from the UK Support Line (NA107). I was told she can do nothing other than send an email to Sophia Huang who is apparently handling my case. 24 hours ago I got on to the support chat and was told that she would email me back before the day was over. I never received and still haven’t received an email. This is a shame considering the praise I've seen regarding Sophia here on the forums. I contacted support again today and was assured once again that it would be dealt with quickly and I'd be contacted etc. Again, still nothing. Its pathetic that I have to keep calling up and waiting in the support chat line just to get someone to even acknowledge that they are looking at my case. I would not put it past the Chinese Support, which covers my country of Australia, ignoring me until the Chinese New Year Holiday. I have some work lined up for next weekend and was needing the use of my drone but that looks like its gone out the window now so thanks DJI for not even having the guts to answer and give me an ETA.

Please someone else share your DJI Support horror stories with me so I know its not just me getting ignored.

PS: I have checked my emails again and a sixth email has been send to me with the exact same text as the others.

Drone and Remote

Drone and Remote
2017-1-24
Use props
Ejder Bingül
lvl.2
Turkey

Sorry for that. I got tired reading those horror stories about Mavic (Mine also totally damaged), DJI should accept there are really big problems with Mavic. Support team should assess each complaint more sensitive and deeply analyse to understand the case.
2017-1-24
Use props
fans3d582e1d
lvl.1
Australia

Ejder Bingül Posted at 2017-1-24 05:18
Sorry for that. I got tired reading those horror stories about Mavic (Mine also totally damaged), DJI should accept there are really big problems with Mavic. Support team should assess each complaint more sensitive and deeply analyse to understand the case.

I suppose the only saving grace is that the laws in Australia give the consumer the right to choose a refund, replacement or repair if the product suffers what's known as a "Major Failure" which this falls under. I feel sorry for others overseas who have to go through the repair process but don't have good Consumer Protection Laws.
2017-1-24
Use props
hyderja
lvl.3
United States

I agree but in a unrelated story to the Mavic. I am having some Osmo accessories delivered and the order totals $93 but they are requiring FedEx to obtain a signature. I have asked and they claim FedEx is the one that requires the signature. I could understand if they were delivering  a Mavic, Phantom, and especially a Inspire 2 but under $100 is pathetic. Thor suggested I just have them hold at their facility and I go pick it up but when their warehouse is 35 miles away that is unacceptable. I can't miss work to be home to pick up such a minimal order package.
2017-1-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

From the picture obviously drone and RC are not connected.

Did you receive any warnings, did you calibrate compass, what mode were you flying, lots of questions I know but if your looking to find out what happened, then you might be able to post some info regarding your flight.
You could upload your logs to ht/tp://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/ and maybe someone can help you out as to what occurred.
Good luck...
2017-1-24
Use props
fans3d582e1d
lvl.1
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-1-24 05:29
From the picture obviously drone and RC are not connected.

Did you receive any warnings, did you calibrate compass, what mode were you flying, lots of questions I know but if your looking to find out what happened, then you might be able to post some info regarding your flight.

All calibrated. It kept switching between GPS and ATTI mode very rapidly during the second flight only. The Logs clearly show a two periods where the drone is in one spot and a split second it has moved.
2017-1-24
Use props
SLiWooDy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 126234 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

here is my story: http://forum.dji.com/thread-81979-1-1.html

I am dreading get my Mavic back from Support, when that will be I have no idea. I am in the never beginning, never ending queue called DJi Repair.
(why I need a repair on a faulty delivered product is beyond me)
2017-1-24
Use props
fans3d582e1d
lvl.1
Australia

Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably "foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure." - Comes in every package and is even on the Support T&C for Australia. Does the UK have something similar? If so I'd be using it.
2017-1-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fans3d582e1d Posted at 2017-1-24 05:34
All calibrated. It kept switching between GPS and ATTI mode very rapidly during the second flight only. The Logs clearly show a two periods where the drone is in one spot and a split second it has moved.

Once it goes to Atti if will move freely or downwind, this is normal, did it loose connection with RC and this caused it to RTH which is normal, flying direct overhead and having your sticks pointing the way they are in the picture can cause a lack of signal between RC and AC .

But one can only surmise without seeing logs.
2017-1-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

SLiWooDy Posted at 2017-1-24 05:37
here is my story: http://forum.dji.com/thread-81979-1-1.html

I am dreading get my Mavic back from Support, when that will be I have no idea. I am in the never beginning, never ending queue called DJi Repair.

I think you should get your drone back in two weeks , I have used dji repair service in holland and it's excellent you might have to wait a day here or a day there where noting seems to happen, but you should get it back soon.
Good luck..
2017-1-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry for the difficulties you're experiencing, we do understand how frustrating that must be.
You case has been escalated, and our support will reply your e-mail soon with the details.
Please feel free to let us know for any further questions, we'll try our best to help you.
2017-1-24
Use props
gnom
Second Officer
Flight distance : 716572 ft
United States

This is my case.
http://forum.dji.com/thread-82030-1-1.html
I cant belive that i should pay for it.
2017-1-25
Use props
gnom
Second Officer
Flight distance : 716572 ft
United States

Why the title of the thread has been added?
2017-1-25
Use props
fans3d582e1d
lvl.1
Australia

gnom Posted at 2017-1-25 02:47
Why the title of the thread has been added?

I can assure you I haven't changed it. It must have been the mods. The original title was and still is correct. Its terrible customer support from DJI.
2017-1-25
Use props
fans3d582e1d
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-24 18:40
Sorry for the difficulties you're experiencing, we do understand how frustrating that must be.
You case has been escalated, and our support will reply your e-mail soon with the details.
Please feel free to let us know for any further questions, we'll try our best to help you.

It's now a week later and I've only had one reply asking a me how far I can fly it and have I uploaded my flight log. No acknowledgement or follow-up email. This is still pathetic DJI. I've asked for a replacement drone as is my right under the ACL so there is no wait time for repairs.
2017-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules