Remove a simple signature requirement by FedEx
12Next >
12022 42 2017-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hyderja
lvl.3
United States

DJI you suck at customer service when you can't simply call FedEx and ask them to remove a simple signature requirement for a order under $100.
2017-1-24
Use props
HTC
lvl.1
United States

ISIS probably has better customer service than DJI.
2017-1-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Probably because you would have ten fold people on here saying they never received there orders..
2017-1-24
Use props
hyderja
lvl.3
United States

I told DJI, I would release them from all liability once FedEx stated they delivered.
2017-1-24
Use props
Tahoe Ed
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41668330 ft
  • >>>
United States

hyderja Posted at 2017-1-24 08:22
I told DJI, I would release them from all liability once FedEx stated they delivered.

Then tell FedEx.  We will not change our policies for signatures.  You can leave a note on your door releasing FedEx from liability.  I have done it, so can you.
2017-1-24
Use props
hyderja
lvl.3
United States

Tahoe Ed Posted at 2017-1-24 08:55
Then tell FedEx.  We will not change our policies for signatures.  You can leave a note on your door releasing FedEx from liability.  I have done it, so can you.

Perfect example of customer service. "I have done it, so can you."
2017-1-24
Use props
look_alive
lvl.1

United States

Wow. What an incredibly rude and unprofessional response from DJI. Basically proved the original poster's point to a T.  Unbelievable.
2017-1-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

hyderja Posted at 2017-1-24 08:22

I think the point is you might be honest enough to do this, but really do you think this would not cause more problems than it's worth.

As someone who sends many parcels out everyday , as soon as you opt for a package not to be signed for it almost certainly goes missing, some call it human nature, I prefer to call it theft.
2017-1-24
Use props
hyderja
lvl.3
United States

DJI needs to provide an alternative and not expect someone always to be available for a package delivery. Whether that be an option to release them from a liability from not getting a signature and the purchaser accepting responsibility for said delivery. If I was having a Mavic, Phantom, or Inspire 2 being delivered I would ensure that I would be hope to accept said package. Also DJI should inform the customer when ordering when that a signature will be required when delivered. That would give the option to the customer to choose a different delivery location at the point of sale. I would never imagine that an order under$100 would require a signature. I would fully expect that one of their drones would.
2017-1-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

hyderja Posted at 2017-1-24 10:13
DJI needs to provide an alternative and not expect someone always to be available for a package delivery. Whether that be an option to release them from a liability from not getting a signature and the purchaser accepting responsibility for said delivery. If I was having a Mavic, Phantom, or Inspire 2 being delivered I would ensure that I would be hope to accept said package. Also DJI should inform the customer when ordering when that a signature will be required when delivered. That would give the option to the customer to choose a different delivery location at the point of sale. I would never imagine that an order under$100 would require a signature. I would fully expect that one of their drones would.

You make a good point. Good luck..
2017-1-24
Use props
takhawaja
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16378 ft
United States

Trust me I am with on it. I have been on the phone multiple times with them and get no answers. One call I waited nearly 1h45min and got nowhere. I clearly stated my sports mode is giving me an error. I even have picture proof and yet they want to charge me for something that hasn't happened yet. I love your products, but if I can't even get a hold of anyone or help me fix my problem without getting charged then it is only going to turn me away.
2017-1-24
Use props
hyderja
lvl.3
United States

Just spoke with a driver for FedEx here in my office and he stated they will not deliver with a note because it requires a direct signature but said they would if it was requiring a indirect signature.
2017-1-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

takhawaja Posted at 2017-1-24 11:03
Trust me I am with on it. I have been on the phone multiple times with them and get no answers. One call I waited nearly 1h45min and got nowhere. I clearly stated my sports mode is giving me an error. I even have picture proof and yet they want to charge me for something that hasn't happened yet. I love your products, but if I can't even get a hold of anyone or help me fix my problem without getting charged then it is only going to turn me away.

If your aircraft is experiencing an manufacture issue then it is covered under the warranty.
I don't know why they would tell you there would be a charge, it's free to send in an have it evaluated and DJI even pays for the shipping in the US.

Since your topic is unrelated to the DJI shipping policies of this thread, can you start another thread with your issue and I will assist you and reply to you when you start the thread.
2017-1-24
Use props
hyderja
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-24 12:39
If your aircraft is experiencing an manufacture issue then it is covered under the warranty.
I don't know why they would tell you there would be a charge, it's free to send in an have it evaluated and DJI even pays for the shipping in the US.

Can you help me out on this thread, Ken?
2017-1-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

hyderja Posted at 2017-1-24 12:41
Can you help me out on this thread, Ken?

I provide technical support and do not have any access to any shipping info and cannot change any kind of policy.
I know DJI says signature required but when I have stuff delivered from the online store FedEx just leaves it at the front door.

I've suggested to other people to leave a note to leave the package or deliver to the next door neighbor.
What I can do though is send a message to see about re-delivery. What is the order# ?
But since your FedEx needs a signature then for future orders you may want them delivered to an office or somewhere that you know someone will be there at any day during the week.
2017-1-24
Use props
hyderja
lvl.3
United States

If I would have known that an order under $100 would have required a signature, I would have had it delivered to my office. DJI should state at the point of sale whether a signature for the items being ordered will or will not require a signature. Order#  0010089112364.

Thank you.
2017-1-24
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

You can have the automated system text you when the order is out for delivery. I usually set that up when the packages hit the states. Then have a neighbor or someone who's around wait for it. The sign saying drop it at neighbors would probably work too like Ken said. We have a sign that says do not leave packages on front porch. He usually puts them on the side of the house under trees or back porch (I don't know why post office does this), they basically have to trespass through a gate into a breezeway to get to the back door lol

And fed ex throws it ace ventura style into the front bushes. Anything but on the front porch! Had a $40 dollar package from digikey stolen once. Hasn't happened since the sign is up.

btw nice mustache!
2017-1-24
Use props
hyderja
lvl.3
United States

thehippoz Posted at 2017-1-24 13:11
You can have the automated system text you when the order is out for delivery. I usually set that up when the packages hit the states. Then have a neighbor or someone who's around wait for it. The sign saying drop it at neighbors would probably work too like Ken said. We have a sign that says do not leave packages on front porch. He usually puts them on the side of the house under trees or back porch (I don't know why post office does this), they basically have to trespass through a gate into a breezeway to get to the back door lol

And fed ex throws it ace ventura style into the front bushes. Anything but on the front porch! Had a $40 dollar package from digikey stolen once. Hasn't happened since the sign is up.

Unfortunately, all of my neighbors are like myself and we are all at work during the day. As far as having them text me when they are close is not an option either because I commute an hour to work.

That is a pic from last year and I am in the process of the resurrection of that stache. Thank you.
2017-1-24
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

hyderja Posted at 2017-1-24 13:22
Unfortunately, all of my neighbors are like myself and we are all at work during the day. As far as having them text me when they are close is not an option either because I commute an hour to work.

That is a pic from last year and I am in the process of the resurrection of that stache. Thank you.

Can't you pick it up at the fedex station the next day after delivery attempted? I've had to do that a few times on signed stuff. I'd call them and see what the options are. Maybe they're open Saturday. Yeah I used to have a mustache, we'll more pedo stache, think going to grow mine out again too.
2017-1-24
Use props
13MStang
lvl.3
Flight distance : 892749 ft
United States

The issue is between you and FEDEX, not DJI.

It is unfair to blame DJI on their shipping policies.
2017-1-24
Use props
dennish
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

13MStang Posted at 2017-1-24 14:34
The issue is between you and FEDEX, not DJI.

It is unfair to blame DJI on their shipping policies.

Actually not - the shipper, i.e. DJI, specifies the terms of the shipment.  In this case direct signature required....  I ordered a battery for my mavic from the DJI store on newegg and they delivered indirect signature required.  Signed the form good to go.  I order a $9.00 pair of props direct from DJI and required a direct signature had to wait for one delivery attempt prior to drop off and a Fedex location for pickup.

Indirect Signature Required: FedEx obtains a signature in one of three ways:
From someone at the delivery address
From a neighbor, building manager or other person at a neighboring address
The recipient can authorize release of the package without anyone present
This option may not be available for all shipments or to all destinations.  Special handling fees may apply.  See the FedEx Service Guide for more details.

Direct Signature Required: Someone at the recipient's address may sign for the delivery.  If no one is at the address, FedEx will reattempt delivery.  This option may not be avilable for all shipments.  Special handling fees may apply.
2017-1-24
Use props
hyderja
lvl.3
United States

No, the issue is with DJI.
1. Requiring a signature for an order of such a minimal amount. Which according to my door tag has to be someone from the stated delivery address and must be over 21. So if I had a child under 21, or a neighbor neither would be able to fulfill that requirement.
2. Not informing the customer of the requirement of a signature before delivery, which would allow the option of stating a better delivery address.
3. I have contacted DJI from the 20th of this month daily through online support trying to resolve the issue and each time I am told they will followup via email within 24-48 hours. I have not received ANY email replies. Not once has any representative stated that DJI's policy for any or all orders require a signature.
2017-1-24
Use props
hyderja
lvl.3
United States

thehippoz Posted at 2017-1-24 13:46
Can't you pick it up at the fedex station the next day after delivery attempted? I've had to do that a few times on signed stuff. I'd call them and see what the options are. Maybe they're open Saturday. Yeah I used to have a mustache, we'll more pedo stache, think going to grow mine out again too.

If I wish to drive 35 miles one way to their nearest facility. Which I am guessing is not open on a Saturday.
2017-1-24
Use props
SeanOzz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 612405 ft
  • >>>
United States

hyderja Posted at 2017-1-24 10:13

will your fed ex guy not let you just sign the back of the slip they leave on your door and bring it back the next day after you sign it?  mine does.

sucks if your's will not.  
2017-1-24
Use props
enc3phalon
lvl.2
United Kingdom

You could call up fedex with your tracking number and ask then to deliver it on Saturday. I've done it in the past and I think it just cost me 5 quid more for Saturday delivery. Or if you really need on the delivery date, you could throw in a sickie at work .
2017-1-24
Use props
The Roach
lvl.3
Flight distance : 412835 ft
  • >>>
United States

hyderja Posted at 2017-1-24 12:37
Just spoke with a driver for FedEx here in my office and he stated they will not deliver with a note because it requires a direct signature but said they would if it was requiring a indirect signature.

Have it redirected to your office.  I never ship anything to my house but reception is always available to sign at work.  I concur the first response was harsh and unprofessional, particularly from a 'Super Moderator'.  
2017-1-24
Use props
Rob Weeks 9
lvl.2

United States

Cant you set the delivery date or time to when you will be available via the website? I thought I saw that option the other night when checking my tracking number. My fed ex guy didn't show up until after 6pm with my drone. Totally understand your issue.
2017-1-24
Use props
Rob Weeks 9
lvl.2

United States

Rob Weeks 9 Posted at 2017-1-24 21:23
Cant you set the delivery date or time to when you will be available via the website? I thought I saw that option the other night when checking my tracking number. My fed ex guy didn't show up until after 6pm with my drone. Totally understand your issue.

fedex website
2017-1-24
Use props
takhawaja
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16378 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-24 12:39

I have started a new thread on my issue already.  I posted it a few days back. I PM you
2017-1-24
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can leave a note on your front door with your name and address , tracking number, signature and were you want item left and they will usually leave it where you specify but if you live in a rough area or an apartment building they may not.i don't know your situation, just trying to help
2017-1-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

takhawaja Posted at 2017-1-24 22:24
I have started a new thread on my issue already.  I posted it a few days back. I PM you

I have no PM from you.
2017-1-25
Use props
fans6111263d
New

United States

I love to meet rude people like you because i guarantee you wouldn't say that straight to anyone's face. Maybe you don't work for a living but other people do. We don't have the luxury to just sit at home and wait.  
2017-5-23
Use props
method007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

hyderja Posted at 2017-1-24 15:19
If I wish to drive 35 miles one way to their nearest facility. Which I am guessing is not open on a Saturday.

I don't understand why you don't just go on their website and sign for the package in advance?  I've done it with every DJI product I've ever received.  It's available to anybody - it costs no money.  In the amount of time you've spent complaining on this forum you could have already signed for the delivery and been done with it.
2017-5-23
Use props
Travid
New
Flight distance : 143694 ft
United States

method007 Posted at 2017-5-23 10:17
I don't understand why you don't just go on their website and sign for the package in advance?  I've done it with every DJI product I've ever received.  It's available to anybody - it costs no money.  In the amount of time you've spent complaining on this forum you could have already signed for the delivery and been done with it.

Because DJI has stipulated that they will ONLY accept a signature at the delivery address.  I can't even pick it up at FedEx.  They also stipulated that you can not pre-sign for it using a release form.  DJI is doing this not FedEx.  Only DJI can tell FedEx to allow pre-signature or pickup.
2017-5-24
Use props
rydfree41
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153268 ft
United States

I'm hardly ever at home when FedEx delivers my Dji stuff . When I arrive after a package delivery has been attempted there is always a FedEx tag on the door with a spot to sign releasing FedEx of all liability if I want them to just leave it at the door the next day .
2017-5-25
Use props
UncleHoot
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5352539 ft
United States

It's funny how people don't get it.  The OP has stated several times that there is absolutely NO OPTION except for someone who lives at your address, who is over 21, to be there to sign for the shipment.  Period.  There are no exceptions.  There are no other options.  That's it.  You can't pick it up at the FedEx facility.  You cannot pre-sign.  You have no other options.  When I say, "You have no other options," I actually mean that you have no other options.  Can I say that again?  You have no other options.

DJI is responsible for this.  I contacted both FedEx and DJI, and both confirmed that this was their policy.  I agree 100% with the OP.  I thought I was being nice by ordering directly from DJI.  It even cost me more than it would have elsewhere.  My items cost $40.  Lesson learned: Don't buy direct.

Please don't tell me what my options are.  My only option is to take the afternoon off work so that I can be home to pick up a $40 package.  This is utterly ridiculous, and I'm amazed that reply after reply simply doesn't get it.
2017-7-20
Use props
W.T. Foxtrot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1316732 ft
  • >>>
United States

I feel your pain... experienced the same thing with a recent shipment:  No warning of "adult signature", had to have someone at MY address with  "id", no possibility of a redirect to another address, no HOLD at FedEx facility for pickup (that one happens because DJI is too cheap to send it regular FedEx... their packages are sent via the budget ground FedEx and are not processed at a normal FedEx facility).  PITA
The BEST way to get DJI's attention is to let FedEx try this for 3 days, give up, and return it back to them.  They are stuck with the shipping charges, and you get a refund.  Off to Best Buy or Amazon!
2017-7-20
Use props
flashoser
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7972 ft
  • >>>
United States

that is only at FEDEX Driver's Discretion by the way, they do not have to if the driver is a jerk, they will just take it with them till the next day ...so no it is not a definite leave a note and your fine...
2017-9-27
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

hyderja Posted at 2017-1-24 12:37

Yes, that's correct. Fed Ex is the worst with this stuff. I've had the worst experience with them. Before I purchase a product from a seller, I usually tell them 'do not' use Fed Ex. Some say well only use Fed Ex but them specifically let them know no signature needed upon delivery of package.
2017-9-27
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

Just have your stuff shipped to your work, or your Significant Other's place of work.  
Problem solved.
2017-9-27
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules