Remove a simple signature requirement by FedEx
12020 43 2017-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

Just have your stuff shipped to your work, or your Significant Other's place of work.  
Problem solved.
2017-9-27
Use props
crammm69
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4596 ft
United States

Im dealing with this now as well. I guess there was never a solution found and I will have to try and run home from the office on Monday to meet the delivery driver. Lesson learned, only ordering through amazon from now on. DJI has awful customer service.
2017-11-3
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Solution = Do not order direct from DJI - You're Welcome.
2017-11-4
Use props
fansdf099539
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40863 ft
United States

Bob Brown Posted at 2017-11-4 20:14
Solution = Do not order direct from DJI - You're Welcome.

Ok, for all of the people who offered the option of signing on line, delivering to the FEDEX, or leaving a note, that is NOT the FEDEX policy.
The individual driver might leave the package if he/she knows you, but the policy is, and let me say this with absolutely no possibility of being wrong
     FEDEX is instructed not to leave the package without a direct signature and will not deliver to an alternate address nor hold at a FEDEX station for pickup.
    This issues occurs through DJI because they do not tell you how the item is being shipped until AFTER you purchase it. If you are told in advance that a direct signature is needed, then you could anticipate the issue and direct delivery to an office.
     LG also has the same policy of shipment.
     Now, if FEDEX has attempted three deliveries, with failed attempts, they will then hold it at a FEDEX depot for pickup for an additional 3-5 days. After that, back to shipper.

So, all of you who chime in about "leave a note" or "sign online", that is neither policy nor the stipulated rule. It may be violated by the driver's discretion, but not a standard.

DJI shipment does and has been an atrocious PR nightmare.

Amazon and Dell ship multi thousand dollar computers and TVs with UPS authorization to leave item if liability is released.

2017-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules