The battery does not come off the housing
1551 12 2017-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
oh7lua_
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4665 ft
Finland

I purchased a new Phantom 4 Pro+ drone, but I do not get the battery out of the chassis even if I press both keys. The battery is stuck in the compartment. What's wrong? Is this a known problem? And what is the best course of action?

The device is not used and no violence was not done. There are no tools have been used. So the SW can not be updated and the device is activated because the battery can not be recharged or removed. The battery is the power of one LED amount.

Thank's for help.

2017-1-24
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Use both hands when removing like this:  
2017-1-24
Use props
oh7lua_
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4665 ft
Finland

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-1-24 12:29
Use both hands when removing like this:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIperEc05Ls

Thank you for your advice and YouTube video.
I had to use the "assistant", who had silicone kitchen cloth, which women open their bottles, cans, etc .. It was the best help when the forces of the fingers were not enough.
2017-1-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

oh7lua_@gmail.c Posted at 2017-1-24 13:11
[view_image]

Thank you for your advice and YouTube video.

Ok, so you were able to remove it?

Just know, a tight battery is by far preferable to a loose one.

And it will loosen up a bit, over time and use. Have fun...

RedHotPoker
2017-1-24
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-1-24 13:46
Just know, a tight battery is by far preferable to a loose one.

Yep!
But just to add to this thread, I have noted that the hi-capacity battery which came with my P4P is quite hard to remove, whereas my std-capacity P4 batteries aren't as much of a challenge. Comparing the two, there is a very miniscule difference in the lever catch which must result in the much tighter fit.
2017-1-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-1-24 15:18
Yep!
But just to add to this thread, I have noted that the hi-capacity battery which came with my P4P is quite hard to remove, whereas my std-capacity P4 batteries aren't as much of a challenge. Comparing the two, there is a very miniscule difference in the lever catch which must result in the much tighter fit.

Punchbuggy, Oh, well that's an interesting note. Thanks for telling the truth, where others may have never noticed that minuscule differentiation. Well done. ;-)

It's certainly something that should be explained in the battery verbiage that comes with each pack.

RedHotPoker
2017-1-24
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-1-24 15:26
Punchbuggy, Oh, well that's an interesting note. Thanks for telling the truth, where others may have never noticed that minuscule differentiation. Well done. ;-)

It's certainly something that should be explained in the battery verbiage that comes with each pack.

This is a photo comparison taken by Trekz in another thread (left is std-capacity, right is high-capacity). I know it's a little hard to see, but the upper catch is slightly different, which results in a tighter 'click'.

Also, the screwed cap hints at a newer design - I hope with a different tension mechanism inside which doesn't create the cap cracks we're all reading about with some P4 batteries.
batteries.jpg
2017-1-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-1-24 15:39
This is a photo comparison taken by Trekz in another thread (left is std-capacity, right is high-capacity). I know it's a little hard to see, but the upper catch is slightly different, which results in a tighter 'click'.

Also, the screwed cap hints at a newer design - I hope with a different tension mechanism inside which doesn't create the cap cracks we're all reading about with some P4 batteries.

Yes, they are certainly of a different stature and look, as similar as they appear. The differences are very evident as well.  Thanks for posting the pic again.

RedHotPoker
2017-1-24
Use props
The-CROW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 59892 ft
Lebanon

It's the same on my P4P as well: The high capacity battery is a tight fit and requires a bit of force to remove while the standard capacity batteries are easier to insert and remove.
I guess this is DJI's solution to reports of batteries coming loose during flight.
2017-1-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

The-CROW Posted at 2017-1-24 17:47
It's the same on my P4P as well: The high capacity battery is a tight fit and requires a bit of force to remove while the standard capacity batteries are easier to insert and remove.
I guess this is DJI's solution to reports of batteries coming loose during flight.

Yes, that's what this thread is all about. Aside from the video demonstration.

Read post one? Ha

RedHotPoker
2017-1-24
Use props
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

The easiest way to remove a tight battery is grab the tabs with both hands thumb and forefinger, and press your knuckles against the Phantom's body like levers.
Ohh, that video shows exactly that. I watched after I posted.
2017-1-24
Use props
The-CROW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 59892 ft
Lebanon

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-1-24 18:31
Yes, that's what this thread is all about. Aside from the video demonstration.

Read post one? Ha

lol RHP! I was just saying that this is the case on my P4P also, so it must be normal, nothing for the OP to worry about
2017-1-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

The-CROW Posted at 2017-1-25 11:04
lol RHP! I was just saying that this is the case on my P4P also, so it must be normal, nothing for the OP to worry about

Ok well ok. It seemed like you had skipped ahead, and passed by the first post in the thread.

Yes, a tight battery can be frustrating, but no where near some of the more serious problems drone pilots might encounter in their experience. Thankfully, a tight battery can still be removed...

Hopefully others who have a stuck battery can find this thread and discover a way to remove and replace the packs without too much trouble, or frustration.

RedHotPoker
2017-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules