Just an idea?
613 7 2017-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Karlos7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1417838 ft
Canada

What if they incorporated some sort of tilt metre on the go app to show the most optimal angle or pitch to hold the remote controller in order to keep the strongest signal in respect to where the bird is in the sky. Would this help to ensure a stronger signal therefore giving better range & performance? Or am I out to lunch with my theory. If it is a viable addition to the app they can get a hold of me and I'll let them know where to send the check. LOL.
2017-1-24
Use props
Hoomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231394 ft
United States

Probably the biggest difficulty would be differentiating between the tilt angle of the phone or tablet, and the actual angle of the controller. There would also be some variance based on how each operator positioned their antenna.
2017-1-24
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

If you know where your Phantom is during flight (you can get that info from the radar display), it's easy to point the controller correctly.
Additional gadgetry would unnecessarily complicate things and cost more to produce.
The "problem" isn't enough of a worry to need a special solution.
2017-1-24
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hoomi Posted at 2017-1-24 14:39
Probably the biggest difficulty would be differentiating between the tilt angle of the phone or tablet, and the actual angle of the controller. There would also be some variance based on how each operator positioned their antenna.

Agree - interesting idea in principle, but too many variables (including antenna angle) to make it work.
2017-1-24
Use props
Karlos7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1417838 ft
Canada

Hoomi Posted at 2017-1-24 14:39

Wouldn't the app just be reading the information sent between the remote and the drone, so when the app is reading the strongest or weakest signal the tilt could be adjusted accordingly, regardless the tilt or angle of the phone or tablet.
2017-1-24
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Karlos7 Posted at 2017-1-24 15:37
Wouldn't the app just be reading the information sent between the remote and the drone, so when the app is reading the strongest or weakest signal the tilt could be adjusted accordingly, regardless the tilt or angle of the phone or tablet.

I understand. Perhaps the simplest solution would be for the app to not show signal strength at the top as bars (5?), but as a percentage. That way you can play around with the antenna angle etc until you achieve the highest percentage (noting there'll be a potential lag).
2017-1-24
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Karlos7 Posted at 2017-1-24 15:37

Maybe, but the signal strength is not always a function of the antenna angle. Unfortunaly there is no method of working out if the antennas are angled correctly or not.
2017-1-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

You just have to fly more and practice where you angle the radio or antenna.

I tend to fly pretty high and farther out, so my antenna are situated accordingly.

It gets easier over time.

RedHotPoker
2017-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules