2450 12 2017-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans80486191
lvl.2
Flight distance : 116434 ft
United States

Hello everyone,

Donald Trump is visiting my area on Thursday, and a TFR has been placed on my area. Here it is: http://tfr.faa.gov/save_pages/detail_7_7287.html

He will not be here until Thursday, and as you can see (from the link and picture) the restriction is only during certain times on Thursday. However, the B4UFLY App tells me that I am theoretically prohibited from flying.

The TFR is listed, but not in effect yet. What should I do?

Also, there is only a helipad in the 5 mile radius, not airport/airspace restrictions.

Thanks!
IMG_2427.PNG
IMG_2428.PNG
2017-1-24
Use props
shawn_
lvl.3
Flight distance : 256791 ft
United States

If the TFR is not yet active and there are no other restrictions in the area, I would fly as a hobbyist.
2017-1-24
Use props
fans80486191
lvl.2
Flight distance : 116434 ft
United States

shawn_ Posted at 2017-1-24 12:59
If the TFR is not yet active and there are no other restrictions in the area, I would fly as a hobbyist.

What about flying for business? Would there be a difference (in regards to the TFR?
2017-1-24
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

We just went through this in the DC area Th-Sa.  You cannot legally fly your drone during the times indicated.  Outside of the times, you can fly but what's likely to happen is the Go App won't let you fly because DJI has a habit of shutting down the area a couple days before and after the TFR.  So you're effectively still grounded even though you can legally fly.  It might help to use a mobile device that doesn't get internet.  Or it might help to use Litchi.  Not sure.  
2017-1-24
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans80486191 Posted at 2017-1-24 13:07
What about flying for business? Would there be a difference (in regards to the TFR?

Aloha fans80,

The TFR is for Trump and only exists during the time noted.  The other flight restriction is for the Heliport.  You have to deal with the Heliport.  Every day, you will have to deal with the Heliport because it is less than 5 miles away and is considered an airport.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-1-24
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The TFR notice is very clear about what is and is not permitted.
See Part C especially

Operating Restrictions and Requirements         Top
No pilots may operate an aircraft in the areas covered by this NOTAM (except as described).

Except as specified below and/or unless authorized by ATC in consultation with the air traffic security coordinator via the domestic events network (DEN):

A. All aircraft operations within the 11 NMR area(s) listed above, known as the inner core(s), are prohibited except for: Approved law enforcement, military aircraft directly supporting the United States Secret Service (USSS) and the office of the President of the United States, approved air ambulance flights, and regularly scheduled commercial passenger and all-cargo carriers operating under one of the following TSA-Approved standard security programs/procedures: aircraft operator standard security program (AOSSP), full all-cargo aircraft operator standard security program (FACAOSSP), model security program (MSP), twelve five standard security program (TFSSP) all cargo, or all-cargo international security procedure (ACISP) and are arriving into and/or departing from 14 cfr part 139 airports. All emergency/life saving flight (medical/law enforcement/firefighting) operations must coordinate with ATC prior to their departure at 215-492-4123 to avoid potential delays.

B. For operations within the airspace between the 11 nmr and 30 nmr area(s) listed above, known as the outer ring(s): All aircraft operating within the outer ring(s) listed above are limited to aircraft arriving or departing local airfields, and workload permitting, ATC may authorize transit operations. Aircraft may not loiter. All aircraft must be on an active IFR or VFR flight plan with a discrete code assigned by an air traffic control (ATC) facility. Aircraft must be squawking the discrete code prior to departure and at all times while in the TFR and must remain in two-way radio communications with ATC.

C. The following operations are not authorized within this TFR: flight training, practice instrument approaches, aerobatic flight, glider operations, seaplane operations, parachute operations, ultralight, hang gliding, balloon operations, agriculture/crop dusting, animal population control flight operations, banner towing operations, sightseeing operations, maintenance test flights, model aircraft operations, model rocketry, unmanned aircraft systems (UAS), and utility and pipeline survey operations.

Only one country would shut down legitimate aircraft work across 200 sq. km for an orange orangutan
2017-1-24
Use props
shawn_
lvl.3
United States

Labroides Posted at 2017-1-24 17:24
The TFR notice is very clear about what is and is not permitted.
See Part C especially

well he was voted in by the people. keep your political views of another country down south, mate.
2017-1-25
Use props
Maxi3D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

Even though I don't agree with Shawn's political view, but can we keep this site apolitical.
2017-1-25
Use props
shawn_
lvl.3
United States

Maxi3D Posted at 2017-1-25 07:09
Even though I don't agree with Shawn's political view, but can we keep this site apolitical.

Not views, facts. Elected by the people. At no point did I say what my views were. I agree politics has no place in this forum.
2017-1-25
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

shawn_ Posted at 2017-1-25 07:15
Not views, facts. Elected by the people. At no point did I say what my views were. I agree politics has no place in this forum.

"Elected by the people."  ??
Make that  .. elected by the electoral college.
The vote of the people was not considered.

But that wasn't my point.
No other country shuts down large areas to legitimate aviation because their political leader is in town.
2017-1-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I don't think his hair is up to it. Lol
2017-1-25
Use props
Grizz 1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120066 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-1-25 16:50
I don't think his hair is up to it. Lol

hahaha lol, that is a good one, so i had to upvote that one !!!
2017-1-26
Use props
Grizz 1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120066 ft
United States

the FAA is very strict on VIP TFR's, and they will come after you. best not even think about flying a sUAS of any kind  during a TFR.
2017-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules