iPad Mini 4
715 5 2017-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DonTheFlyer
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have seen a rumour that DJI have modified the controller and a 2017 Mavic will no longer allow a Mini 4.  Can anyone confirm that?

2017-1-24
Use props
DonTheFlyer
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I know a mini 4 would fit a Mavic supplied before Dec2016, but I only got mine a week ago. The rumour is the arms used to hit the sport mode button when fully open so DJI changed design so they dont open so far.
2017-1-24
Use props
Danny-B-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 306640 ft
United Kingdom

DonTheFlyer Posted at 2017-1-24 15:58
I know a mini 4 would fit a Mavic supplied before Dec2016, but I only got mine a week ago. The rumour is the arms used to hit the sport mode button when fully open so DJI changed design so they dont open so far.

Still the same controller and yes at full reach it will nudge the sport mode button .. a guy on youtube just cut a small chunk out of the right arm to stop it doing this.
2017-1-24
Use props
DonTheFlyer
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Danny-B- Posted at 2017-1-24 16:15
Still the same controller and yes at full reach it will nudge the sport mode button .. a guy on youtube just cut a small chunk out of the right arm to stop it doing this.

Thanks for the reply.
I have my controller here, at fully open there is a 2 to 3 mm gap to the sport mode button which makes me think there may be something in this rumour.
2017-1-24
Use props
luvtofly
lvl.1

United States

No problem with mine its close, but theres a gap bought a holder for it anyway from mavmount.com looks nice.
2017-1-24
Use props
DonTheFlyer
lvl.1
United Kingdom

someone (almost reliably) has told me his Mavic was delivered just 7 days ago and the Mini 4 fits fine.
So this rumor is BUSTED.      (for anyone who watches Mythbusters)
2017-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules