SD Card Unknown Error
5561 11 2017-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JD0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 847428 ft
United Kingdom

So after buying a Sandisk Extreme 64gb (UH3) SDXC card specifically for my Inspire 2... I get an error after I've plugged it in.
> Tried Reformatting via the DJI Go 4 app, triggers another error and can't reformat
> DJI Go 4 App knows there's an SD card present because it appears at the top
> Tried Reformatting via Windows 10 to the default settings, 'FAT(default)', still gives an error
> Unable to take photos or video because of the error
> Checked I2 User Manual... exact SD card is listed as compatible
> Checked SD card integrity via Windows by loading & removing files - its fine

Has anyone else encountered this error and found a fix for it? (see top of screenshot below)

2017-1-24
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Do you have a different card to try? Could be the card or a problem with the Inspire. Please also note there is an awful lot of fake cards sold on various web sites.
2017-1-24
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 463012 ft
China

Try to format of EX-FAT for a card of this size FAT is no good before your do make sure you do and erase !! BTW i dont use windows i use MAC so if it still fails its a windows issue

I have a 128GB of the same specifications and it works with no issues but the DJI GO 4 wouldn't format it !! when i first got it, but now it works okay.
2017-1-24
Use props
J-Darcy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Cougar1 Posted at 2017-1-24 17:12
Do you have a different card to try? Could be the card or a problem with the Inspire. Please also note there is an awful lot of fake cards sold on various web sites.

Well the little 16gb card that comes with it works... I'm sure it's legit because it came from SanDisk through Amazon.co.uk.
Strange because it works on an Inspire 1 in an X5 camera...
2017-1-24
Use props
J-Darcy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Dr Jon Posted at 2017-1-24 17:16
Try to format of EX-FAT for a card of this size FAT is no good before your do make sure you do and erase !! BTW i dont use windows i use MAC so if it still fails its a windows issue

I have a 128GB of the same specifications and it works with no issues but the DJI GO 4 wouldn't format it !! when i first got it, but now it works okay.

Good idea, I tried reformatting in EX-FAT. Again it knows there is a card, but it just shows the same error in the App (and still won't let me reformat it from inside the app, just another error).
2017-1-24
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
Hong Kong

What format is the 16GB card showing when you look at it in your windows computer? maybe it will give you a clue?
2017-1-24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

J-Darcy Posted at 2017-1-24 17:36
Good idea, I tried reformatting in EX-FAT. Again it knows there is a card, but it just shows the same error in the App (and still won't let me reformat it from inside the app, just another error).

Please keep us posted.
2017-1-24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Dr Jon Posted at 2017-1-24 17:52
What format is the 16GB card showing when you look at it in your windows computer? maybe it will give you a clue?

The stock SD card would be a FAT32 format. When dealing with larger cards, though, formatting to exFAT has helped.
2017-1-24
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
China

A small bit of advice don't post anything that will give you home away... i see from the photo you posted that your home location is clearly visible in the GPS window...

Most guys here are good but you never know who's looking.
2017-1-27
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
China

JDO can i ask.  If you compare the number of pins / rows of pins on the working 16GB and the new SD card are they the same?
2017-1-27
Use props
Blackwood
lvl.4

United States

This worked for me.  I installed a 64GB card that I used in my old Phantom 2 with a GoPro 4.  When I tried to format the card in the Inspire 2 using the DJI Go 4 app, the format  failed every time I tried.  Then I found this fix in a Google search.  Using your computer, erase everything off your new card and then copy all the folders from the card that came with the Inspire 2.  Then put the new card in the bird and format.  Worked for me.  Just make sure that the camera is mounted on the drone.  First time I tried, it didn't see the card without the camera.
2017-1-28
Use props
J-Darcy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Ok all I've found the solution and what was causing it

> The micro-SD I was trying to use was originally in an Nvidia Shield where it was formatted for use as internal storage
> I attempted to use a Kingston External Card Reader plugged into my Windows 10 PC to reformat the micro-SD
> (I eventually figured out this reformat failed - because Windows read the 64gb card was only about 11mb in capacity)
> Reformatted the card using the micro-SD to SD converter (came with the card), in a Windows 7 laptop, using a built-in card reader. Another error, card reads incorrect capacity.
> Reformatted the card in the Nvidia Shield as Portable Storage
> Inspire 2 recognised the card as usable (green light on reader)
> FIXED!!!
> Reformatted the card INSIDE the Inspire 2, because I'm OCD like that

Diagnosis
Tried using Windows 10 and Windows 7 Operating Systems - that wasn't the problem
Tried using external and internal card readers - that wasn't the problem
Nvidia Shield Tablet formatting mechanism was the problem
(to assume all mobile devices screw up cards would just be speculation)

If you use the micro-SD as internal storage on an Nvidia Shield, it will screw it up until you reformat it on Shield as Portable Storage

We got there in the end!

I hope this helps anyone who has the same problem - but additionally confirms that this particular type of micro-SD card DOES work on the Inspire 2, as it did on the Inspire 1.
2017-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules