[Resolved] New Mavic - Dusty, Cracked Gimbal Case, Scratched Prop...
2520 14 2017-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cluc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85682 ft
Australia

Finally, nearly 3 months of wait I recieved the Mavic today at work.

As to all the recent forum post on issues with the Mavic upon unboxing, I decided to quickly unbox and inpect the items and found the following:
  • Mavic was dusty (a lot of the black stringly stuff), but can be easily blown off.
  • No dust in the camera, I guess that is a good thing.
  • Gimbal protector was not clipped on upon unboxing and it was cracked. (See dropbox photo)
  • One of the props attached had some very obvious scratches. (See dropbox photo)
  • One of the leg had some evident scratches. (See dropbox photo)
  • I've taken some pictures and can be viewed on Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/h0c5uma3td4vnin/AADXVcHRPvs3Am8aWDsc2Fiua?dl=0

I've gone and purchased the DJI Care Refresh and have lodged a support email. (Request # 407441)
  • I've got a request confirmation email, however it notes that 26th to 31st January, DJI will be shut.
  • So looks like I won't hear anything for a while.

I have not turned on the craft, so not sure about the batteries, etc and will do so tonight.

All in all, excided but dissapointed that after waiting close to 3 months, there are still quality issues.
2017-1-24
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

The crack in gimbal cover is sign of weakness in design. There has been reports of damage to the unclip area.
Expect to be shipped a new one.

The marks on the blades look like transportation rub. If leading edges are undamaged then the issue is visual only.
Hard to tell from the 3rd photo but it looks minor and shouldnt necessitate an exchange.

Also i see sometimes posted pics of the fibres on the Mavic when new.
I think this could be associated with factory testing done on industrial carpet for start up testing procedure, when blades blow fibres in the air on startup, and the mavic seems to attract via static.  

Dont let these simple things stop you from flying. Your problems are now logged here on this thread.
Very disappointing to have a scratch on the leg but dont let that steal the show, the seagulls wont care about that scratch while it is flying, but if you feel strongly about aesthetics maybe DJI can assist.
2017-1-24
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Australia

Bent Kangaroo Posted at 2017-1-24 17:31
The crack in gimbal cover is sign of weakness in design. There has been reports of damage to the unclip area.
Expect to be shipped a new one.

Thanks mate, all good, it's not going to stop me from flying it... good thing it's Australia day tomorrow otherwise I'll pull a sickie.

Just want to make sure these are listed out to DJI to help improve their QA and our fellow members waiting for their Mavics to know that not all packages arriving are perfect.
2017-1-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Really sorry for the trouble caused, we've informed our support team for your case and will take care of it.
You'll receive an e-mail later, please feel free to reply the e-mail for any further questions, thanks.
2017-1-24
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-24 19:51
Really sorry for the trouble caused, we've informed our support team for your case and will take care of it.
You'll receive an e-mail later, please feel free to reply the e-mail for any further questions, thanks.

Thanks Dji Natalia, I did get a response, but looks like the support team won't do anything given than it's not on the authorised reseller list.
Heres a screenshot of the response: screenshot

However I've also bought the Dji Care Refresh this morning so there's a few things I'd like to point out:
1. It is obviously a brand new drone, as I was able to purchased the Dji Care Refresh.
2. If not supporting the reseller, I'm sure Dji can trace it back to when and who the original reseller was.

Just a bit frustrating, to get that kind of response. (Not at you Dji Natalia)

FYI - I've forward the email to my reseller to see what they say, from there they can request from their reseller.
2017-1-24
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Australia

cluc Posted at 2017-1-24 21:07
Thanks Dji Natalia, I did get a response, but looks like the support team won't do anything given than it's not on the authorised reseller list.
Heres a screenshot of the response: screenshot

Wow, they want you to contact seller for a refund? That sounds a bit drastic.

My HK version would probably get the same response. but... i pay less and almost expect that but have been promised warranty by a reseller here in Aus. I dont plan to use warranty but am prepared to ship it if need be.

So DJi allow you care refresh, but refuse warranty in Australia?  Seems odd.
2017-1-24
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Australia

Bent Kangaroo Posted at 2017-1-24 21:28
Wow, they want you to contact seller for a refund? That sounds a bit drastic.

My HK version would probably get the same response. but... i pay less and almost expect that but have been promised warranty by a reseller here in Aus. I dont plan to use warranty but am prepared to ship it if need be.

Yep, I think my reseller Aus-Cameras bought from another reseller in HK, because the parcel was direct from HK.

To me, my reseller will have the 1 year warranty and I'm not sure what's the deal with my reseller and whom they bought from.

I'll keep this posted to see what my reseller says.

To be honest, the cover cost $19 aus, why pay for one when it should be part of the warranty.
2017-1-24
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Australia

I would have thought they would honour that part for sure.

2017-1-24
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Australia

Update: got a response from my reseller last night, they will send me a new gimbal cover and a free 64gb mem card.
2017-1-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Glad to hear you got it sorted out finally.
Just to clarify, what's your aircraft SN? Thanks.
2017-2-6
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-6 18:47
Glad to hear you got it sorted out finally.
Just to clarify, what's your aircraft SN? Thanks.

Hi DJI Natalia, are you able to lookup my support ticket number #407441 to obtain my air craft serial number?

FYI:
DJI Support (Sophia Huang) has clarified my aircraft's warranty and DJI Care Refresh.
  • Regarding my aircraft serial, it was identified that it was bought from an authorise reseller in China and therefore the warranty cover will be in China. (Basically any defects that require warranty cover will need to be sent back to China)
  • However, the good thing here in Australia is that we have a 1 year warranty cover, therefore if there are any identified defects that require warranty cover, I basically need to send back to my reseller and they will need to sort the rest out. (E.g. they will be responsible sending to China, etc)
  • My DJI Care Refresh was bought in Australia, so any damage caused by me and require a replacement, I can perform that in Australia.

2017-2-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

cluc Posted at 2017-2-6 20:33
Hi DJI Natalia, are you able to lookup my support ticket number #407441 to obtain my air craft serial number?

FYI:

Thank you, I've got the SN from the ticket # you provided.
That would be best you can send back the aircraft to your reseller who will help you handle it if any problems happen to it.
Since you purchase Care Refresh in AU, you can enjoy the refresh service in AU, which is correct.
2017-2-6
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-6 22:12
Thank you, I've got the SN from the ticket # you provided.
That would be best you can send back the aircraft to your reseller who will help you handle it if any problems happen to it.
Since you purchase Care Refresh in AU, you can enjoy the refresh service in AU, which is correct.

Thanks.

By the way, how do you manage to get your location post from Japan to China...
2017-2-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

cluc Posted at 2017-2-6 22:24
Thanks.

Maybe it's caused by network environment.
2017-2-6
Use props
Safari
Second Officer
Flight distance : 67703 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

cluc Posted at 2017-2-6 22:24
Thanks.

She is a superhero...she can be at both places at the same time :-)
2017-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules