Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha,

My DJI accessories order, including two P4 batteries, is being held in California because the Li-Po batteries have been tagged as Hazardous Materials.  DHL is the shipping company and tomorrow I am supposed to get a call from their "researcher".  In the two years I have been using Phantoms and received four from China - with their batteries and spare batteries - this has never happened.  But then, this is the first time DHL has been the shipper.  Hmm.

Has anyone heard of this kind of problem before?  The Forum has had discussions about duties and taxes etc., holding up DJI products in DHL shipping, but this is the first I have heard of the hazardous material problem with shipping from any shipping company.  I know plenty of commenters have been worried about taking the batteries on trips because of hazardous material issues, but not for shipping.  This is new!

Hopefully, this will be water under the bridge after tomorrow.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-1-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

You will still get your order, just a bit delayed, it sounds like. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-1-25
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-1-25 02:33
You will still get your order, just a bit delayed, it sounds like. ;-)

Aloha RedHot,

As you noted, the package was delayed for a day for inspection and confirmation of contents and packaging.  Apparently, it is now out for delivery.  Water under the bridge already.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-1-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Cetacean Posted at 2017-1-25 13:09
Aloha RedHot,

As you noted, the package was delayed for a day for inspection and confirmation of contents and packaging.  Apparently, it is now out for delivery.  Water under the bridge already.

Oh good. So we are all smiles again, then? Haha

Yes, in this crazy time of terrorists and nuts on the loose, they can never be Too lax.

Have fun, and please enjoy those flight packs. ;-)

Get those LED cubes charged... Hahaha

RedHotPoker
2017-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules