Nd Filters Recommendation
2220 12 2017-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gslick
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi,

There are a lot of Mavic ND filters on the market, which would should I buy?

Any recommendations?

2017-1-25
Use props
P3T3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 701211 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very happy with PolarPro Cinema Series 6 pack I received.
2017-1-25
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

Polar Pro Cinema Vivid Series.  These transform the camera footage into "wow."  The construction is absolute top-notch and customer service is incredible.
2017-1-25
Use props
Matman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 644669 ft
United States

PolarPro for the win
2017-1-25
Use props
Socalrob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5892 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a credit with dji I thought about using for theirs but no reviews yet. Still waiting but these polar pro's look great.
2017-1-25
Use props
Gmman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1003150 ft
United States

I purchased these. I have not received them yet but they look promising.

https://freewellgear.com/59-dji-mavic-accessories

2017-1-25
Use props
Chole
lvl.2

Netherlands

As I have to travel end of this month thinking who will deliver first I ordered Polarpro 6Pack  Cinema , Freewell 6Pack & DJI filter 3Pack & surprisingly they all arrived at similar time here my conclusion.

Polarpro include ND4/PL, ND8/PL, ND16/PL, ND8, ND16 and ND32 PRICE USD 149.99

Freewell 6ack include ND8/ND16/ND32/CPL/ND-8PL/ND16-PL, Lens Cleaner USD 99.99

So difference here in these 2 3rd party filters  Polarpro have ND4/PL & in same place Freewell have CPL & also Freewell offer lens cleaner.

Price difference USD 49.99 I have used polarpro filter even in past compare to their black ring filter & this brown filter cinema series difference is they are COATED filters & Freewell all the 6 filters are also COATED , in terms of weight also they both are almost similar no big difference.
So i do not see worth to pay USD 49.99 extra

Now here is the big thing installation process polarpro cinema series is not as easy as shown in polarpro website specially removing the filters is not easy if you are person with no patience you might end up breaking your camera. So I will be using them less if have time for patience .

DJI filters all are NON COATED filters which I do not prefer because mavic camera quality is not so good as phantom so atleast they should have made a coated filters & they do not have option of CPL  or HYBRID .

2017-1-26
Use props
Luchian
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6706 ft
Romania

You can try and ND's from DJI

https://store.dji.com/product/mavic-nd-filters-set#/?_k=0zz1ty
2017-1-26
Use props
bluezdawg
lvl.2
United States

Decided to give the Taco filters a try. Comes with UV, ND4/8/16/32 & case. May be a couple of weeks before I get to test. If this is like camera gear, will likely end up with an assortment filters from different vendors, lol! Here is a link:
http://taco-rc.com/taco-rc-snap- ... avic-free-shipping/
2017-1-26
Use props
PartsGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 418346 ft
United States

Luchian Posted at 2017-1-26 05:29
You can try and ND's from DJI

https://store.dji.com/product/mavic-nd-filters-set#/?_k=0zz1ty

I ordered the DJI filters on 1/22. I asked chat last night when they would ship and was told they wouldn't ship until 2/20. I canceled and ordered the PolarPro. Will be here Friday.
2017-1-26
Use props
BuzzCut
lvl.4

United States

PartsGuy Posted at 2017-1-26 07:41
I ordered the DJI filters on 1/22. I asked chat last night when they would ship and was told they wouldn't ship until 2/20. I canceled and ordered the PolarPro. Will be here Friday.

I appreciate the heads-up on that...
2017-1-26
Use props
tigerdim
lvl.3
Flight distance : 75614 ft
Hong Kong

Happy with the PGY Tech though do sometimes have a few Gimbal issues when switching on.
2017-1-26
Use props
lachyb
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Had my PolarPro cinema (shutter) filters arrive yesterday. Don't have a drone yet but will update after.
The reason for getting these is I didn't want the polarised lenses (vivid series) because the colour saturation I was seeing in youtube videos wasn't what I was looking for. Also PolarPro released a new version of the filters that meant you can leave the filter on through calibration (the first ones they released had to be put on after calibration which I'm afraid would've damaged the gimbal motors).
2017-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules