Red and white props not fitting correctly
3333 26 2017-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Coigreach
lvl.4
Flight distance : 546014 ft
Australia

Putting the last three weeks of pain behind me and moving on (wrong 'beta props' supplied with Inspire 2 combo) and having the chance to read about other prop issues that were being had by many on here and in other forums, as soon as I got the new props delivered today I decided to test out movement in both White and Red props and document my results for everyone to get a closer look.

So what we have here are a few problems!

1: Prop heights without any load are all different. As far as I can tell this is due to the angle the motor/leg!
2: Red prop moves on the mount with very slight touch. As seen in the picture- Front red has about 3 mm defflection and Red rear prop about 1mm defflection (white props ZERO DEFFLECTION) so I have not even bothered to post a picture of them.
3: White props fit on nice when cold. But after first test flight I found them a bit on the stiff side to get off (honestly not bothered by this as I would rather it be a bit tight than loose)
4 The difference between White and Red props could be something to do with which revision you have??  Version 1 has no number under the prop whereas version 2 has a small 2 as seen in one of my pictures of the underside of the props.

Also when returning from my first flight I noticed that when throttling up very slighty there was considerable shake coming from the Red front motor (looking at the front light shake side to side) this is not evident in the white motors and the red rear motor also has vibration but not as much as the front.

Hopefully with the help from the moderators, dji and the rest of us surely to god we can sort this out sooner rather than later???

Thanks
Karl

Front Prop Height difference

Front Prop Height difference

Rear Prop Height difference

Rear Prop Height difference

Front prop deflection

Front prop deflection

Rear prop deflection

Rear prop deflection

White and Red Props

White and Red Props
2017-1-25
Use props
fansafd3ff73
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Same problem here, I contacted support for some unknown reason they want me to send back propellers and the send new. Already waiting for pick up 4 days.

Can we have comment from DJI representative why they making this process such a pain ( sending propellers both ways instead replacing them straight away ) especially for that price ! This is ridiculous!

My case: CAS-423498-Q2J4F4
2017-1-28
Use props
aviscomi
lvl.3

United States

I opened a case over 1 week ago and haven't heard anything since.
2017-1-28
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Australia

Update on the movement in Red props
I have found where the movement is coming from on the red motors/props and managed to eliminate ALL movement front red props. I know this is NOT a proper fix, and only a demonstration on whats going wrong! Hopefully for DJI to address this problem.

Front

Front

Rear

Rear

Red Motor

Red Motor
2017-1-29
Use props
Gybo102
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2426230 ft
United States

fansafd3ff73 Posted at 2017-1-28 08:51
Same problem here, I contacted support for some unknown reason they want me to send back propellers and the send new. Already waiting for pick up 4 days.

Can we have comment from DJI representative why they making this process such a pain ( sending propellers both ways instead replacing them straight away ) especially for that price ! This is ridiculous!

My assumption is they will "refurb" them? take ur prop, if its in perfect condition put the "foam" in its hole and send it back out.
They tired to do the same with me... I politely said that is unacceptable considering my order cost $10k and I already had to send my X5s back in for factory defects.
they agreed to send me new red props. With the right attitude and wording, you can get them to send the props without your in return.
2017-1-29
Use props
fansafd3ff73
lvl.1

United Kingdom

So what's the wording ? Because this all sending can take months literally!
2017-1-29
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Australia

fansafd3ff73 Posted at 2017-1-29 21:38
So what's the wording ? Because this all sending can take months literally!

Let's all hope it is less than MONTHS!!!
2017-1-30
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Australia

aviscomi Posted at 2017-1-28 12:03

Any word form DJI yet?

I see none of the moderators are making any comments on this thread, I wonder why?
2017-2-1
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Coigreach Posted at 2017-2-1 08:32
Any word form DJI yet?

I see none of the moderators are making any comments on this thread, I wonder why?

Chinese new year vacation from January 27th to February 1st.  they should be back after  that.

Rich
2017-2-1
Use props
GerryPacher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5821539 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Coigreach Posted at 2017-2-1 08:32
Any word form DJI yet?

Hi Coigreach - you documented the problem very well. And yes, a tape and foam is not the solution. So you have to write to DJI customer support and they will replace the props. I did the same. Best regards, Gerry
2017-2-1
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Australia

GerryPacher Posted at 2017-2-1 08:47
Hi Coigreach - you documented the problem very well. And yes, a tape and foam is not the solution. So you have to write to DJI customer support and they will replace the props. I did the same. Best regards, Gerry

I have been on the online chat for hours on end...(no resolve)
I have called the UK from Australia a few times and more than 2 hours on the phone (no resovle)
I have emailed tech support and also tech support in Netherlands multiple times (no resolve)
I've have props sent from Melbourne to Perth by ROAD TRANSPORT around 3,500 kms 6.5 days delivery props fitted but red props loose! see pictures above (back on to tech suport  online,telephone & email (still no resolve)

Can you see why I might just be loosing faith in DJI?
This Inspire 2 combo was within 30 mins of my home and of being delivered on the 6th January only to be held in customs for a week because DJI supplied the wrong invoice and I had to prove to customs that I had paid for it by sending my credit card details /bank statment, invoice , purchase order, etc etc (basically jump through hoops to get them to release it to me...

it now nearly 4 weeks of pain {:4_154:}
2017-2-1
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Australia

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-2-1 08:42
Chinese new year vacation from January 27th to February 1st.  they should be back after  that.

Rich

does DJI shut down all over the world for Chinese new year?
2017-2-1
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Coigreach Posted at 2017-2-1 09:06
does DJI shut down all over the world for Chinese new year?

Coig

First of all, I am sorry you have had a tough start with your new Inspire 2. I believe the answer is yes, DJI is not available during the vacation break based on this post:
http://forum.dji.com/thread-82278-1-1.html

I certainly hope you can get your issues resolved because the Inspire 2 looks to be an amazing aircraft and I cannot wait to own one myself.

All the best
Rich
2017-2-1
Use props
thomasakira
lvl.3
Flight distance : 921693 ft
United States

aviscomi Posted at 2017-1-28 12:03

Same. My props fit great at first. Then after about an hour in the air the whites and reds developed play.  My problem is I tried the tape thing...and it worked at first.  But a few hours of flight time the problem is back.  I don't know if it is a characteristic of the plastic or the mount...or maybe the tape.  But it appears something is fundamentally wrong with the material
2017-2-1
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Australia

thomasakira Posted at 2017-2-1 09:51
Same. My props fit great at first. Then after about an hour in the air the whites and reds developed play.  My problem is I tried the tape thing...and it worked at first.  But a few hours of flight time the problem is back.  I don't know if it is a characteristic of the plastic or the mount...or maybe the tape.  But it appears something is fundamentally wrong with the material

Hi Thomas,
Are your props 'version 1 or 2'

White prop with version 2 stamped underneath

White prop with version 2 stamped underneath
2017-2-1
Use props
thomasakira
lvl.3
United States

Coigreach Posted at 2017-2-1 20:20
Hi Thomas,
Are your props 'version 1 or 2'

I don't have the "2".   "Tech support" reached out to me yesterday afternoon....finally.  
2017-2-2
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Australia

thomasakira Posted at 2017-2-2 05:23
I don't have the "2".   "Tech support" reached out to me yesterday afternoon....finally.

this is what answer I got yesterday.

"The difference of tightness between red and white propellers are normal which are caused by the manufacture tolerance. It does not affect the safety of flying, please do not worry and believe that AU center had sent you the right propellers. "

So with No DJI resolve with the red prop issue.  I have gone to my local drone shop and gone through all the prop sets that he had (6 sets in total) 3 of the sets both white and red version 2 props (which I tested & then bought, the other 3 sets had white version 2 and red version 1) which I DID NOT BUY *** I wonder why?
2017-2-3
Use props
thomasakira
lvl.3
United States

Coigreach Posted at 2017-2-3 01:45
this is what answer I got yesterday.

"The difference of tightness between red and white propellers are normal which are caused by the manufacture tolerance. It does not affect the safety of flying, please do not worry and believe that AU center had sent you the right propellers. "

This is strange, they told me they would be sending me 2 sets of replacement props.
2017-2-3
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Australia

thomasakira Posted at 2017-2-3 05:39
This is strange, they told me they would be sending me 2 sets of replacement props.

Hi Thomas,

They sent me 2 sets of replacement props nearly 2 weeks ago. I was sent white props version 2 and red props version 1.

The red ones were loose So I then recontacted them to let them know it took nearly 2 weeks for them to say "stuff you, were not sending any more"
2017-2-3
Use props
thomasakira
lvl.3
United States

Coigreach Posted at 2017-2-3 06:37
Hi Thomas,

They sent me 2 sets of replacement props nearly 2 weeks ago. I was sent white props version 2 and red props version 1.

horrifying...it is this type of attitude that gives Chinese manufacturers a bad reputation.......you get what you get and you don't get upset - even if the solution offered is total smoke
2017-2-3
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Australia

thomasakira Posted at 2017-2-3 07:34
horrifying...it is this type of attitude that gives Chinese manufacturers a bad reputation.......you get what you get and you don't get upset - even if the solution offered is total smoke

Smoke & mirrors then more smoke just for the fun of it!
2017-2-13
Use props
Shayd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 247306 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansafd3ff73 Posted at 2017-1-28 08:51

Isn't it obvious? They will glue the foam to the prop and send them back to you.
2017-5-29
Use props
DS924
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4028425 ft
United States

http://www.ebay.com/usr/heliengadin?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Fixed carbon fiber props that are screwed in may be the only logical solution unless & until DJI re-designs the mount..... and I suspect that DJI, being focused on the Matrice 200 series and other new product releases, is likely to keeping moving forward, rather than look backward at their design flaws.   I'm no expert.  Just sayin'..........     With all the problems we ALL seem to be having with these props or prop mounts (and which is it anyway?)  I'll bet these carbon fiber props are going to get real popular.
2017-6-8
Use props
AmateurTom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2333 ft
United States

Guys' this topic has been beaten to death here .  Search for my topic  months ago on this matter.  I have posted here,   Inspire 2 / Facebook and  Inspire Pilots.   Asking for their ( DJI's) public response to a widely know design flaw .   By the way........ It is NOT the props.................it IS the quick attach assembly.   Tape on the mount or glue buildup on the prop hub are the ONLY fix for the DJI factory quick attach system.  I bit the bullet two weeks ago and bought the Phan adapters and T-Motor  carbon fiber props.     Initially, I was dead against making the switch because the whole prop issue is just plain bad business for DJI.  

In the end, I had to weigh the value of time lost in a crash/failure,  potential injury to a bystander  and lets not forget the dreaded repair process (been there / done that).   I chose fixed propellors .........and you know what????   They are fantastic !       The downside is that the aircraft does not store in the case with cover attached.  I think we forget what this RC aircraft is.............a RC Aircraft.      As  I mentioned in my topic post   " if this were a 1/4 scale RC Helicopter ............would you fly it with a loose rotor ????"      NOT!!

The long and the short of this issue has been the same.

*  DJI will continue to ignore the real problem but develop new things for us to purchase.

* A DJI moderator will chime in the scratch the surface with   " We are so sorry you are having a problem, please file a repair request".

* DJI moderators and social media monitors    ( You know who you are ) will continue to skirt the root of the problem or reply with a honest answer as to what is being done to correct this propellor attachment    deficiency  on their professional line of UAV's

Prove me wrong ...........

Give us some information on a final solution DJI !   

Are you not embarrassed as a company by this poorly designed part on your flagship aircraft ??????

Moderators turn  ...............................
2017-6-8
Use props
AmateurTom
lvl.2
United States

Two days since my post on this topic and no reply reply from a moderator with the final solution to this design flaw.    Just was expected.  
2017-6-10
Use props
AmateurTom
lvl.2
United States

DJI,   any news on a replacement quick attach propellor mount  to replace the current units  ????
2017-6-11
Use props
JBSonic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 779019 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Here we go again....

Good work on those detailed photos, but at this point  the "problem" has been so widely reported and documented that one could write a manual just about the "Inspire 2 Prop conspiracy"

Since launch there have been significant issues with the props for the Inspire 2. They either dont fit properly, rattle when spun or even cause excess vibration  which (in at least one documented case) has resulted in the inspire 2 DISINTEGRATING mid-air, I kid you not.

DJI has come up so far with only 1 excuse which was that by accident "prototype props" were delivered to a "small number" of owners.
It however appears to be far more widely spread.
Subsequent "fixes" have resulted in the rollout of "V2" props, which are exactly the same faulty props, stuffed with some foam to hide the sound of the rattling (it however does not solve the problem itself).

The prop's mold is basically off by a small margin, big enough to cause this issue.

So far, and this is over 6 months later mind you, DJI has NOT solved the problem, there are no "V3" props, the issue has been largely ignored by DJI.

Contacting support will result in them asking you to send ALL your props back, potentially grounding your I2 for weeks. They then send you back the same props with foam inserts.

The foam insert remove the obvious "rattle noise" but as these props  are used  a few times, the foam gets compressed and wears out, the rattling returns and the cycle continues
2017-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules