FEATURE REQUESTS: CONTROLLER + GO4 APP +CUSTOMER SERVICE
855 5 2017-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thomasakira
lvl.3
Flight distance : 921693 ft
United States

Please excuse me if this has been discussed before.  

If the controller/GO4 App is already capable of doing this please let me know how with a reply

Controller/GO4 App

1.) Can you please create the ability to map VIDEO/PHOTO SETTINGS on C1 or C2 buttons.  Direct access to this function is important when managing space on overpriced media, and ensuring that after the I2 has powered off and on that you C-DNG PRORES settings are still in the same color space.... as currently the app forgets what was most recently used.

2.) Can you create the ability to use the Camera Settings Dial to adjust focus or iris.  This would be a lifesaver when using lenses of longer focal lengths.  It would also show that DJI is not just another corporate whore trying to squeeze extra dollars out of its customers by making them purchse a seperate focus system. I felt extorted by having to shell out $1300 ( and that was with the price break) for codecs that are freeware.  Perhaps I would have had the money to purchase a DJI focus system had I not be bent over for the codecs.  Just sayin.

3.)Can you create the ability to adjust the sensitivity of the obstacle avoidance systems.  They are truly remarkable...and are one of the major reasons to upgrade from I1...but they need to be enhanced to maximize their usefulness.

Customer Service

4.)Can you please hire some real engineers to talk to when you call technical support,  today I was told by "Rita" - if that is her real name- to look on the forums to solve my problem.  In addition, she told me she would email me a solution- which hours later still hasn't arrived.  When I told her my questions were not answered she told me to try the chat.  This is all after I had waited a solid hour to talk with her.  Its all fun and games till someone throws their phone against the wall... eh hem I mean remote controller display.

You folks make some pretty amazing products,  jsut as good as say freefly...what sets freefly apart from you and makes them 200% better is their awesome customer service.  And by awesom I just mean passable.  Your customer care is not acceptable.

2017-1-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thomas, sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience, we'd like to help you answer the questions.
1. The feature "map VIDEO/PHOTO SETTINGS on C1 or C2 buttons" is avaliable now, please set C1 or C2 as "Advanced Camera Settings". For the second one you mentioned to keep the settings after powering off I2, our engineers are working on it now, it will be achieved by next APP verison and firmware.
2. To get an better focus performance, we suggest you to adjust it through DJI GO app instead of Camera Settings Dial on remote.
3. the sensitivity of the obstacle avoidance systems has been adjusted to ensure the safety in a suitable environment, it's not recommended to adjust it by yourselves. For some special requirements on shooting, you can disable it through APP.

Besides, thanks for your feedback on our service, I have PMed you for some basic information needed, please check whether you've received it. We'll escalate it and keep improving our service. For any other questions, please feel free to contact us again!
2017-1-25
Use props
thomasakira
lvl.3
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-25 19:03
Thomas, sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience, we'd like to help you answer the questions.
1. The feature "map VIDEO/PHOTO SETTINGS on C1 or C2 buttons" is avaliable now, please set C1 or C2 as "Advanced Camera Settings". For the second one you mentioned to keep the settings after powering off I2, our engineers are working on it now, it will be achieved by next APP verison and firmware.
2. To get an better focus performance, we suggest you to adjust it through DJI GO app instead of Camera Settings Dial on remote.

How do you map photo/video settings to C1/C2....I only see an option for advanced camera settings.  I want to press C1 or C2 and have the Photo/Video settings menu open - where I can adjust codec/format/coor space/style etc.
2017-1-26
Use props
thomasakira
lvl.3
United States

How do you setup focus control so that it is mapped to the camera settings dial on the remote?
2017-1-26
Use props
thomasakira
lvl.3
United States

I know that the engineers probably feel that they have the optimum distances set for obstacle avoidance...however by allowing the user to specify these settings you can fly more safely in an obstacle filled area.
2017-1-26
Use props
mercury451
lvl.2
Flight distance : 108743 ft
United States

I've had some less than professional customer service also.  I ask simple questions which seem to leave them scratching their heads and apologizing.
2017-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules