Lost connection and control but remote still showed data...
913 8 2017-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KameronaTm
lvl.2
United States

I was flying over water today and all of a sudden I lost complete connection with Mavic according to the app.  Zero information being fed back to the app except the GPS map worked completely.  I could see my location on the GPS screen in the lower right side.  When I moved the controls nothing happened.  I restarted the app with lo change.  no video feed FYI.  I pressed the return to home on the app and nothing happened...  However, I noticed that I was still getting data on the remote even though it would not respond to my stick commands.  Thankfully I pressed the manual return to home button and it flew home.  I restarted everything and didnt have any issues for 3 more flights...   Any ideas?
2017-1-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Maybe if you post logs might be able to help..  ht/tp://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2017-1-25
Use props
KameronaTm
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-1-25 13:50
Maybe if you post logs might be able to help..  ht/tp://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

can only figure out how to find the .DAT file  wouldn't let me upload it
2017-1-25
Use props
Drew77
lvl.1

United States

WOW! this happened to me today and I was not so lucky! I would love some answers
2017-1-26
Use props
KameronaTm
lvl.2
United States

Drew77 Posted at 2017-1-26 12:39
WOW! this happened to me today and I was not so lucky! I would love some answers

What happened?
2017-1-26
Use props
Drew77
lvl.1

United States

Was flying the drone today everthing was fine full gps and 59% batt left
A quick message came up and said weak single (I think) and said return to home and I hit yes just to play it safe.
Well the drone never came back home
Its like a hit a black out the controller said connecting.... and the dji go app was blank but I could still see on the map the drone was there.
So i jumped in the car and went to get it the drone was on the ground next to a person camper, the drone must of tried to land in that spot?? the lights were all on it landed on its feet but the propellers were all beat up along with the gimble....
I have the flight files and everthing juts cant find out how to post them, im sure you can imagine how mad i am

BTW no trees or power lines little to no wind about 37F outide just little cloudy  and i have line of sight on the drone so what the hell happened ??
2017-1-26
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Drew77 Posted at 2017-1-26 13:04
Was flying the drone today everthing was fine full gps and 59% batt left
A quick message came up and said weak single (I think) and said return to home and I hit yes just to play it safe.
Well the drone never came back home

Think it had a run-in with a bird? Were you shooting video at the time, by chance?
2017-1-26
Use props
Drew77
lvl.1

United States

was only taking pictures at the time, I mean sure its a long shot but i dont think i hit a bird look at my other post i have the flight records.Seems like it just shut off
2017-1-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

KameronaTm Posted at 2017-1-25 16:43
can only figure out how to find the .DAT file  wouldn't let me upload it

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Think I had a typo in the last post I sent, apologies, maybe try this..
2017-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules