Apple Mavic order nightmare
1046 7 2017-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
J2Y3gG893aZo
New

United States

I have yet to figure out what is going on with DJI mavic orders placed through apple. I ordered through apple on December 7th. About two weeks ago (1/10/17) I get an email from apple saying that my order is ready to ship but payment needs to be updated. Well, I updated my payment and the order never shipped out. Called apple several times since then and they say that they have nothing to do with this product, as each order is placed individually with DJI. They just drop ship each order. In addition, from the order start, it goes into "preparing for shipment" which is false and forces you to stay locked into the order.

This whole DJI situation has been an absolute nightmare and the fact that DJI had such poor demand planning speaks volumes to the type of company they are. The product has been "released" for four months and they still can't ramp up production? They're prioritizing their own direct orders? What kind of service is that?

So why is it then, DJI, that direct orders are processed in roughly two weeks and I'm stuck waiting over 7?
2017-1-25
Use props
utahskier
lvl.2
United States

I ordered December 17th through apple and I'm still stuck "processing" in my order status.  I tried to reach out to DJI in multiple forms, (support and sales emails, DJI chat, twitter), and also tried to reach out to apple, but they don't know anything about my order yet either.
2017-1-26
Use props
utahskier
lvl.2
United States

@DJI-Ken any idea when apple might be getting orders? thanks
2017-1-26
Use props
lachyb
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Not sure Apple will be releasing things with DJI in the future based on the current ordering situation. I would expect Apple to be in a similar position to other retailers and not be receiving stock until March. That being said you're in the US so it's likely you'll receive things long before the rest of the world (and at a cheaper price)
2017-1-27
Use props
J2Y3gG893aZo
New

United States

Yeah, utahskier, mine says processing also but on apples end it shows it preparing for shipment which prevents me from canceling my order.
2017-1-27
Use props
JCB522
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47671 ft
Canada

Pretty much same thing happened with me and the email saying it was ready to ship but nothing ever came of it. They kept charging and refunding my credit card and one day I got the item shipped email and checked my credit card and there was no pending purchase from apple. I thought it was my lucky break and I got a tracking number and card still wasn't charged. The day before it arrived at my door my card was charged. Pretty sure it was just an anomaly because I'm sure there's no way a big company like Apple would mess up their billing
2017-1-28
Use props
PimpDawg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

Cancel your order and buy from Best Buy's website. They show them as currently in stock. That is where I ordered mine and they sent it to me in two days.
2017-1-28
Use props
Blank
lvl.1
United States

any updates? Im still waiting on my order too :-/
2017-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules