Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
crashed my Phantom 3 Std where to get it repaired
3478 8 2017-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
4mer49er
lvl.1
Flight distance : 149268 ft
United States

I crashed my Phantom 3 Std into a buildimg & the camera broke off plus one of the propellers needs replacement.

My drone is one month old; where can I get it repaired?

Pleaase advise at your earliest convenient opportunity.

Thank you,

John
E:a4mer49er@alumni.stanford.edu
M:858.444.0886

2017-1-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

John, sorry to hear about your crash, please send it in to our service center, our engineers will help you evaluate it then get it repaired.
If you are in US, then you can submit it here for a case number and apply for pickup: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
We'll take care of it once it's delivered.
2017-1-25
Use props
4mer49er
lvl.1
United States

Thank you.

Would it be helpful to review the link I uploaded of the flight record [http://healthydrones.com/main?share=kScQLp]or to review a pic of the damage (attached)?
In any event, I am currently reviewing the URL you sent to determine where to send the drone as I domicile in San Diego, CA.

Sincerely,

John

Drone damage.pdf

172.92 KB, Down times: 2

Phantom 3 Std damage

2017-1-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

We

4mer49er Posted at 2017-1-25 21:34
Thank you.

Would it be helpful to review the link I uploaded of the flight record [http://healthydrones.com/main?share=kScQLp]or to review a pic of the damage (attached)?

Since the location shows United States on forum for you.
If you are in CA, please send an e-mail to support.us@dji.com and let me know your ticket number, I'll help you follow up the case.We're not able to access the healthydrones, please sync your flight records through DJI GO APP, we can help you analyze the data.

2017-1-25
Use props
4mer49er
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-25 22:06
If you are in CA, please send an e-mail to support.us@dji.com and let me know your ticket number, I'll help you follow up the case.We're not able to access the healthydrones, please sync your flight records through DJI GO APP, we can help you analyze the data.

Thank you.  I synched the flight records & my ticket # is: CAS-425972-W8W7N6.  I wasn't able to figure out what the body serial number because the how-to-find-body-serial # hyperlink only showed an example for the Mavic model.

I received an email from DJI Service LLC. <pkginfo@ups.com> but am wondering if I can alternatively ship my poor, broken Phantom 3 Std via FedEx because I have a corporate account that gives me a +40% price break over other shipping carriers?

I will also reach out to duplicate this message via email as you suggest to allow us to avail ourselves of that comm vector.

Thank you!

John
2017-1-26
Use props
DanMan32
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2489501 ft
United States

Snce you already live in CA, might as well use the label they sent (or will send) you as it will only take a day or two by ground from where you are to where they are.
2017-1-26
Use props
4mer49er
lvl.1
United States

DanMan32 Posted at 2017-1-26 15:44
Snce you already live in CA, might as well use the label they sent (or will send) you as it will only take a day or two by ground from where you are to where they are.

Thank you!
2017-2-26
Use props
4mer49er
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-25 22:06

Thank you, again, Natalia.

I have had another more recent crash (two days ago, January 25 2017) which, despite less severe outward appearances physical damage (e.g.: excepting a broken propeller, no overtly apparent broken body, camera or structural integrity problems), nevertheless, I am encountering challenges preventing my aircraft from taking off.  I am hopeful you can assist me in resolving the following probable crash-related set of internally manifesting issues effecting my Phantom 3 Standard which I will attempt to reduce to writing.

Calibrate
Post-crash, when I power up the aircraft, within the DJI app, the main status indicator in the top middle of the DJI app scrolls in red, “Main Controller Data Error”, both IMU, Compass and Overall Status indicate Abnormal with Calibrate encased in a box:

“Aircraft Status” detail including that “IMU is Abnormal (in red)”.

Latest Firmware
Selecting “Overall Status” with Latest Firmware encased in a box reveals “Accelerometer failed” and, with a leading diagonal wrench icon,
Restart aircraft.  Contact DJI Support if this continues after restart.”

Since I’ve restarted the aircraft several times and have attempted recalibration of the Compass & IMU without apparent success, I am respectfully requesting your assistance to help me resolve this/these issue(s) so that I can return to the sky.

Please advise at your earliest convenient opportunity.

Thank you,

John Macaulay
E a4mer49er@alumni.stanford.edu
M 858.444.0886
2017-2-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

4mer49er Posted at 2017-2-26 15:01
Thank you, again, Natalia.

I have had another more recent crash (two days ago, January 25 2017) which, despite less severe outward appearances physical damage (e.g.: excepting a broken propeller, no overtly apparent broken body, camera or structural integrity problems), nevertheless, I am encountering challenges preventing my aircraft from taking off.  I am hopeful you can assist me in resolving the following probable crash-related set of internally manifesting issues effecting my Phantom 3 Standard which I will attempt to reduce to writing.

I feel so sorry to hear about the crash.
According to your description and the error messages on the APP, it seems internal parts were damaged when crashing, it needs to be sent in again for evaluation, our engineers will help you evaluate it and get it fixed.
Please submit a repair case here and apply for pickup: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
2017-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules